IFMR LEAD is an India based non-profit research organization. Through our rigorous research efforts, we provide practitioners and decision-makers scientific evidence to devise effective solutions for pressing development challenges in South Asia. Our work addresses vital socio-economic objectives to foster the economic growth of individuals, low-income households, and small enterprises. We collaborate with leading academics, development specialists, government agencies, and industry experts for research design, implementation and dissemination, in areas that are integral to accelerate the socio-economic and financial development of poor households.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for conceptualising, planning and implementing the organisation’s internal and external communications strategy
• Responsible for all branding related activities for the organisation which include maintenance of website, e-newsletter, social media and communication collaterals
• Co-ordinate media and public affairs activities to promote IFMR LEAD’s work in digital and print media and identify and build networks/relationships with potential digital media partners to effectively disseminate the organization's research updates and findings.
• Responsible for creation and updating of knowledge products which includes editing, designing, and updating publications, including, but not limited to, policy briefs, reports, brochures, event materials, and presentations. This will include working across multiple teams within the organisation for finalization of content and collaterals and coordination with vendors.
• Take the lead in implementation of outreach campaigns for IFMR LEAD's key projects and initiatives as well as strengthen the organization’s brand through digital channels.
• Build a strong online presence for IFMR LEAD. This will encompass, managing interactive forums, developing & implementing a robust social media strategy – managing social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and ensuring all accounts are updated timely, messaging is relevant; assisting in content creation and also monitoring trends using social networking analysis tools.
• Play an active role in streamlining internal communication processes and channels across teams to ensure smooth flow of communication
• Additional responsibilities will be determined by the Head – Policy & Outreach and Executive Director
Specific Qualification/Skill Sets /Experience required for the Position:
• Master's degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communication, or other related fields required;
• At least five years of relevant professional experience in communications roles
• Fluency in English required; fluency in another Indian language is preferred
• Attention to detail, strong writing and presentation skills
• Ability to work with creative softwares such as Indesign, illustrator, Corel draw, Photoshop etc. will be an added advantage.
• Experience in creating content for and managing content for social media portals and email marketing portals such as Mailchimp.
• A dynamic individual, self-starter with ability to handle several different projects/tasks at one time, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently
How to Apply
- Deadline: Applications are being accepted until 28th July 2017.
- Please submit: Resume and cover letter.
- Questions and application submission: Please contact email address:
- [email protected] with the subject “Communications Manager – IFMR LEAD”