Contracts and Grants Administrator - Learning Collider
- United States of America
About Learning Collider
Learning Collider is a social science research lab leveraging untapped data, technology, and researchers to improve the social and economic mobility of underserved populations. We partner with tech companies in Education, Workforce, and Housing to collaboratively design mutually-beneficial research projects related to product design and/or data collection and use.
Our lab has a pulse on billions of valuable data points and our model of success has garnered the attention of major stakeholders in technology, philanthropy, academia, U.S. public policy, international development, and more. Some of our projects include:
● Partnering with a nationwide rental listing platform to provide data insights for HUD and the White House
● Building, testing, and scaling fair algorithms in housing, hiring, lending, and education
● Using high-dimensional data to assess and measure disparate impact
About the Position
The Contracts and Grants Administrator is a new part-time contract position (1099-NEC) to support the operations and administration of our lab’s growing portfolio of research projects and partnerships.
The individual will work closely with, and report to, the Chief Operating Officer. The Administrator will also work closely with contacts at our 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor agency, the Fund for New York City / National Center for Civic Innovation.
This position will be integral in stewarding financial resources and partnerships, ensuring contractual and grants compliance, developing and meeting high standards in administrative/operational functions, and creating efficient systems to support ongoing growth.
This is an opportunity for someone with both demonstrated success in reviewing and managing a portfolio of contracts and experience developing and implementing systems within an evolving, startup environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Contracts and Grants Administrator will be responsible for managing administrative and compliance matters relating to partnership and research contracts, funding agreements, grant awards, affiliate MOUs, and other contractual agreements. The Administrator will interface regularly with
Learning Collider leadership and contracts/grants/finance contacts at: our fiscal sponsor agency, funding entities, partnering technology companies, partnering research institutions, and research affiliates.
Ongoing duties include:
● Reviewing, analyzing, documenting feedback, and processing new contracts and grant agreements
● Managing financial procedures and processes related to contracts/grants, including budget tracking and expenditure reporting, fund management, invoice processing, sub-contracts, re-budgeting as needed, etc. (in coordination with our fiscal sponsor agency’s accounting department)
● Developing and implementing a system to document, track, and deliver on compliance requirements, ensuring Learning Collider is meeting stipulated obligations
● Liaising with other team members, stakeholders, and sub-contractors to communicate compliance requirements and ensure systems are in place to meet those requirements
Qualifications & Skills
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
● Minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience. Preferred experience as a paralegal, grants manager/administrator, or contracts manager/administrator.
● Preferred working knowledge of nonprofit grants management/reporting and GAAP.
● Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple ongoing projects.
● Strong written and oral communication skills.
● Demonstrated success in taking initiative within multi-stakeholder projects and establishing operational practices and procedures.
● Ability to work flexibly and collegially with staff at all levels and in all job profiles.
*For clarification, we have indicated which qualification is required or preferred.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a CV or LinkedIn profile link and brief introductory email with the subject title Contracts and Grants Administrator to [email protected].
(The position will remain open until filled. Once filled, we will remove the description from our website.
Please note: we are unable to respond to individual emails.)
Note: This is a part-time contract (1099) opportunity with variable weekly hours to start (8-15) and potential to become a part-time employee position as the organization grows.
As an independent contractor, you will manage your own schedule, work environment, and invoicing.
You will also be solely responsible for employment taxes and related filings.
Learning Collider is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.