Director of Technology - IPA
- United States of America
The Director of Technology will update, oversee and implement the organization’s information management and technology strategies, to further IPA’s mission and increase organizational efficiency. S/he will do so by leading and motivating a team focused on strategic and fully integrated information management and technology solutions and partner with IPA’s functional and programmatic groups and country offices, providing leadership and support on technology solutions. This will include ensuring that the organization’s information management and technology resources are efficient, reliable, user friendly and cost effective; and creating new and improved systems and processes that maximize current technological resources to meet IPA’s operational and business needs. S/he will ensure the consistency and continuity of data privacy, security, and integrity oversight throughout IPA’s systems.
The Director reports to the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer.
- Continuously analyze and update IPA’s technology infrastructure and information management processes and implement plans to align it with IPA’s organizational needs and strategic priorities.
- Establish collaborative working relationships with Cross Functional Teams, Senior Level Executives, and Country Office stakeholders.
- Evaluate technology trends, enabling constant improvement in technological services, applications, and network configurations.
- Utilize evidence-based decision-making processes to recommend technology upgrades, configurations, and solutions.
IT Project Management and Leadership
- Provide guidance and thought leadership for technology implementations, best practices, and industry trends to address technological challenges across the organization.
- Utilize Project Management tools and techniques to advise on project Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring and Controlling and Closure activities for various IT projects across IPA.Develop and coordinate implementation of IPA’s global infrastructure plans to ensure key organizational strategies and processes are supported by systems that enable growth and flexibility.
- Develop plans and budgets considering internal work needs and operating units’ approved projects and cost effectiveness.
Network Infrastructure Administration
- Implement innovative technology infrastructure while anticipating capability challenges and communicating clear proactive plans to address technological challenges across the business.
- Lead and coordinate selection, installation, operation, support, and maintenance of our information technology infrastructure (i.e. operating systems, networks, telecommunications, hardware, and peripherals).
- Collaborate and train IPA country office technology and operations managers in configuring, managing, and supporting country office networks and hardware.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
IT Security & Data Governance
- Ensure fulfillment of legal and contractual information security, integrity, and privacy mandates, including providing executive management with compliance reports and audit findings.
- Assess and implement IPA’s IT Risk response strategy.
- Protect IPA and its operations against IT risks, including unauthorized access to information, data integrity problems, loss of processing capability, and poor service levels.
- Preventing and detecting intrusion.Identify and eliminate security vulnerabilities with strategic solutions that increase data security.
- Provide recommendations and analysis of current and future IPA systems, access, and security protocols.
- Provide support and advice to implementation teams about data security and privacy regulations, including by recommending technological solutions that meet the regulations’ requirements.
Capacity Development & Advisement
- Lead by example in managing team of IT professionals, driving results using data, feedback, and accountability in a supportive learning environment that encourages staff engagement and professional growth.
- Provide thought leadership for members of the technology team globally.
- Oversee development of technical documentation and training materials for global staff.
- Supervise IT agents within the organizational support ticketing system, ensuring responsiveness and quick resolutions.
IT Support & Operations Management
- Manage technology vendor relationships.Lead the implementation strategy for technology procurement and support processes.
- Oversee the performance of IPA’s Managed Services Provider (MSP) and ensure timely completion of contracted work by contractors.
- Bachelors, advanced degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in information technology, computer science, information systems or related field.
- 10+ years working on technical operations with at least three years in technical management, preferably at a growing non-profit with a remote team and multi-office, multi-country environment.Experience overseeing software engineers and/or technical consultants.
- Demonstrated track record of enhancing, implementing, and enforcing processes to increase operational efficiency; prior success leading systems development, deployment, and maintenance under significant schedule and budget constraints
- Experience administering enterprise-wide applications, especially for identity management, file management and encryption, and information systems.Experience building, maintaining, querying, and/or managing relational databases.
- Sound technical understanding of optimal design and selection of network and infrastructure hardware and providers for scaling offices required.
- Principled in generating and maintaining software and systems documentation.
- Familiarity with operational security concepts and compliance with GDPR and other regulations required; familiarity with state-of-the-art concepts in software development and engineering, such as machine learning or hashing preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and evaluative skills with strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and effective time management and multitasking.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across all levels of the organization and internationally.
- Excellent flexibility coupled with a strong work ethic to match the position’s multiple priorities and responsibilities.
- Exceptional technical, oral and written communication skills with an ability to translate complex IT policies, uses, and limitations to a diverse, non-technical audience.Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.