Finance Associate - Good Business Lab
Apply using this link.
Finance Operations Assistant/Associate Good Business Lab (GBL) is an independent, not-for-profit innovation lab. We use rigorous academic research to prove that worker wellbeing programs have business impacts. We develop market-ready, scalable interventions capable of providing dual benefits to workers and businesses. Our goal is to disrupt the traditional notion of business, and show that worker wellbeing can be a part of core business strategy, or in other words, a good business practice.
The Funding vertical at GBL seeks and secures new avenues of funding for GBL to continue its mission of leading businesses to improve the lives of all workers. The Funding Vertical coordinates and leads on all funding proposals and post-award grant activities, building and maintaining strong relationships with funders globally. We currently operate in India, Colombia and the US.
Role: Finance Operations Assistant/Associate
Location: Delhi/ Bengaluru/ Remote
Start date: ASAP (applications being accepted on a rolling basis) Salary: 4-8 lacs per annum (depending on experience)
Length of Commitment: 12 months
About the role
The role will support the Funding Team to maintain central financial and administrative records. This role will work closely with the Funding & Finance Manager to ensure that GBL teams have the required up-to-date tools to carry out their functions and ensure that GBL Management receives the most accurate and detailed financial information. This could include:
- Supporting with data collection and review for financial reporting - this includes coordination with the US and LATAM teams;
- Supporting the monitoring of incoming and outgoing funds - flagging discrepancies;
- Coordinating credit card expenses and cost allocation;
- Assisting with forecasting and budgeting;
- Providing insights on accounting and tax matters;
- Supporting compliance with funders and government regulations
- Researching new solutions to improve our systems and processes - suggesting improvements in accuracy, efficiency and reducing costs;
- Coordinating our internal procurement processes; Managing travel and accommodation bookings; Overseeing our financial files and documents management in line with funder record keeping and archiving requirements;
- Other related work as required.
What should you be comfortable with?
- A dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- Working within a global team with shared responsibilities. Independently coordinating with coworkers to accomplish goals.
- Being resourceful in new environments and scenarios. Problem-solving in hi-pressure environments.
Who are you?
Ideally you have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or business administration
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles for not-for-profit organisations Financial experience within a project environment
- Experience working within an international team Flexibility to work within different time zones Proficiency in computer skills; excellent MS office knowledge
- Work experience within a not-for-profit environment is a plus
- Understanding CSR requirements would be beneficial
Why work with us
As a member of the Funding team, you will be a part of a small team of smart, purpose-driven, and motivated people, which will give you a chance to try new things, take initiatives, make mistakes, and grow. Be prepared to try and work on multiple things at a time. Each employee at GBL, if willing, gets to work across verticals and different aspects of the organization.
Perks of working with us
There are plenty of benefits at GBL, here are some examples:
- Flexible leave policy: Time away from work can be extremely helpful for maintaining a healthy work/life balance. GBL encourages managers and leadership to set the example by taking time off when needed and ensuring their team members do the same. We don't have a strict limit on paid leaves, only suggested ( extremely liberal) averages.
- Flexible working hours: We recognize that a better work-life balance can improve employee motivation, performance, productivity, and reduce stress. The basis of our norms pertaining to this is a system of trust in each other and our common goals.
- Training and Development: GBL team members can set aside 10% of their work time / around 4 hours a week to improve their skills / knowledge on a subject that they think will help them perform their job better. We encourage all employees to focus both on technical and soft skills. We also facilitate employee mentorship programs.
- GBL Care Systems: As an organization, we are committed to ensuring the wellbeing of our team members and creating a thriving work environment- because that gives us, together, the best chance at achieving our shared mission and sparking joy at work. We do this by partnering with organizations such The Mindclan, Therapize among others for workshops and other wellbeing related initiatives.
- Growth-oriented review policy: To foster collaboration, we have adopted regular reviews and check-ins among team members. We see a manager's role beyond what is expected from them by conventional management thinkers. Apart from delivering high-quality work, managers are responsible for the holistic development of their team members. This can be achieved through practices inspired from coaching philosophy.
Recent projects and blog posts
How to Apply
Please make sure to include in your cover letter: a concise explanation of why you want to be part of the GBL Team, how your skills can support us in this role, and how this position can support you in achieving your career goals.
We are glad you’re interested in applying for this role! After each step, we decide whether to invite you to the next one. Our interview process for this role has the following steps:
- CV and cover letter screening Introductory
- First-Round Interview Take-home assignment
- Fit Interview
- Final Interview with the founders
Our commitment to diversity