Financial Reporting, Planning & Analysis Manager - IPA
- United States of America
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is seeking an energetic self-starter for their growing Finance department to be a key contributor in enhancing the overall efficiency and effectiveness of IPA’s reporting. This role will support the financial responsibilities of IPA globally particularly our ability to provide good financial reporting to our partners and to support strategic planning and programmatic decision making. This position requires the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines, extreme attention to detail, and consistently accurate and high-quality work. The role will report to the CFAO.
- Manage the ongoing implementation and delivery of project activity reporting budget versus actual in NetSuite including
- Develop recommended procedures for loading budgets for new projects, amendments and monthly tracking;
- Develop modified reports to address grant reporting requirements.
- Manage the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and variance analysis (e.g. balance sheet, income statement, cash flows and cash flow forecast). Coordinate timely input from various stakeholders to ensure reports meet agreed schedule, ensuring data accuracy and provide variance analysis as required.
- Manage the upload of IPA’s organizational budget to NetSuite including departmental budgets and develop and implement appropriate reporting.
- Manage the Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst and ensure their tasks are delivered on schedule.
- Lead on development of new reports with IPA’s NetSuite Support Team managing deliverables on time and budget. Lead on development of procedures and training for implementation.
- Collaborate in the selection of key indicators and the development of reporting that blends financial and other data to evaluate performance against those indicators.
- Coordinate local statutory and project audits
- Ensure the letters of engagement reflect agreed upon deliverables and standard.
- Work with local finance managers to ensure all information required is provided in a timely fashion and properly reconciled
- Review/ Coordinate management responses to initial management letter.
- Assist in the preparation of supporting schedules for the Form 990.
- Support indirect cost management processes by supporting NICRA submissions.
- Provide various analyses, reconciliations, and schedules for the year-end financial audit and single federal audit and assist with coordination and review of local country audits.
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual organizational budget and other budgets and forecasts partnering with program and departmental management as required.
- Support initiatives led by Controller and CFAO and perform ad-hoc analysis and queries on a variety of tasks and projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred or related experience. International and Non profit experience a plus. CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant professional experience in accounting for manager level position.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing high quality deliverables.
- Experience in accounting software, preferably NetSuite.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and reporting under US GAAP, internal controls, accounting for multi-currency transactions and dealing with international affiliates.
- Experience supporting leadership for monthly & quarterly reporting & ad hoc financial analysis; KPI’s, dashboards and reporting.
- Previous supervisory experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers and with staff at differing levels and internationally
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook) , comfortable working with large financial datasets.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
How to Apply
To apply, click here.