Freelance Graphic Designer - J-PAL North America
Start Date: ASAP
J-PAL North America is short-listing freelance graphic designers to call on as needed for design work that contributes to its mission of promoting evidence-informed policy. Responsibilities can be completed remotely. If you prefer, JPAL can provide a desk, but you will be responsible for providing a laptop. The number of hours per month will vary; approximate range is 5-15.
The Policy Group plays a key role in translating research by J-PAL affiliates into actionable poverty alleviation policies in North America. Staff connect the dots between research and policy and are passionate about working with organizations to inform social policy.
With content direction from J-PAL staff, and following J-PAL’s style guidelines, design and/or update the following materials:
- Policy publications (typically informational one-pagers)
- Information graphics (illustrations, figures, tables, and graphs)
- Office stationery (letterheads, business cards, etc.)
- Event material (fliers, postcards, etc.)
- Other design/photography sourcing tasks as requested.
- Skills: You are proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office products (e.g. PowerPoint, Word)
- Communication: You are detail-oriented and understand how to communicate design decisions in ways that staff, senior leadership, and affiliated professors understand. You are precise, clear, and creative
- Organization: You can handle multiple projects at once with little supervision and meet deadlines.
How to Apply
Create a single PDF with the filename “Freelance Designer_Lastname_Firstname” that includes a portfolio, able to be viewed online or through PDF submission, a curriculum vitae or resume (no more than two pages), and a one-page cover letter addressed to Vincent Quan stating:
- Why you’re interested
- Why you’re qualified
- Your expectations for an hourly pay rate
E-mail the PDF to [email protected] with the subject line “Freelance Designer_Lastname_Firstname.” Qualified applicants will be asked to complete an at-home assignment. Successful candidates will subsequently be called for video interviews. Given the volume of applications we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further information.
Please complete this Google form:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1iMFp-Gj0cc5BLsqvGgO-sTC4lqhziHKjIHbzdFX...
Applications are due no later than February 1, 2018.