Grants Officer - IPA
- United States of America
Reporting to the Senior Grants Manager, the Grants Officer will work closely with the Africa and Latin America Senior Grants Managers and country office staff to support the awards portfolios throughout the entire life-cycle to include review and negotiation of award agreements, compliance and financial monitoring, and contractual and financial reconciliation during award close-out. This includes data entry and ensuring data integrity in Salesforce, Replicon, and Box. The Grants Officer will also be responsible for supporting the subrecipient process as needed via coordinating, preparing, and issuing agreements and modifications to subrecipients from federal and non-federal prime awards and ensuring adherence of proper due diligence and subrecipient monitoring requirements. The Grants Officer will also play a key role in developing materials and supporting or facilitating trainings aimed at building the capacity of program and country staff in the area of compliance with grants and subaward terms and conditions. Among other qualifications, the ideal candidate shall have: a) minimum of 3 years experience managing federal grants and/or contracts for international programs, preferably with at least one of those years in a compliance or finance role; b) good command of the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards as well as multilateral institutions and foundations standard terms and conditions; c) proven ability to work effectively with program teams and with a high degree of customer service orientation; d) experience drafting clear and concise guidance documents and training materials; and e) excellent spoken and written communication in English, and French or Spanish.
- Provide support and guidance to IPA Latin America and Africa staff and country offices on grants and subawards compliance issues related to US Government and sponsor rules and regulations, as well as IPA’s policies.
- Provide procedures and policy guidance and interpretation for program staffers as well as subgrantees to ensure adherence to grant management procedures.
- Ensure post-award management in accordance with relevant regulations, including but not limited to reporting, audits, etc. in accordance with USAID and Program directives, policies, and procedures.
- Review grants and subaward expenditures and other financial analysis on a monthly/ quarterly basis as required.
- Supports the design and implementation of IPA grants database systems, workflow processes, and procedures related to procurement and subawards.
- Ensures sponsor prior approvals and other grants management record-keeping is filed and complete.
- Assists with financial inquiries and preparation for annual audit review
- At least three years’ experience working in a grants/contracts, sponsored research, or finance department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Economics, or any related field.
- Knowledge of typical grant award/contractual documents such as grant agreements, subcontracts, modifications
- Experience with international, non-profit organizations (larger than $10M), as well as a multi-office, multi-national environment
- Understanding and interpretation of OMB, CFR and US government regulations
- Proficiency in the use of financial software applications, databases, spreadsheets, including MS Office
- Team player with a positive attitude and ability to build strong working relationships.
- Excellent customer service skills (oral and written communication) in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to focus on technical work and ability to work on simultaneous projects
- Attention to details, and excellent time management
- Proficiency in another language (French or Spanish) a plus
- Experience with Salesforce and NetSuite is a plus/added advantage.