HR Manager - Inclusion Economics India at Krea University
Who We Are:
Inclusion Economics India Centre at IFMR (formerly EPoD India at IFMR) is a policy-engaged research organisation that works in close collaboration with Inclusion Economics Yale, based at Yale University’s Economic Growth Center and The Whitney and Betty MacMillan Center for International and Area Studies. Drawing upon economics, political science, and related fields, we conduct cutting-edge research to understand how policy can promote inclusive, accountable economies and societies. Our core research focuses on gender as it relates to labor economics and broader economic empowerment; political economy and governance; and environmental economics. We also aim to build a culture of evidence and increase data literacy in the public sector, strengthening leaders’ ability to identify and implement evidence-informed policies. Throughout the research life cycle, we engage closely with policy counterparts to ensure we address questions of immediate relevance, and we regularly communicate data-driven insights with policy counterparts and the general public. In India, we have ongoing research collaborations with several government partners, and offices in Delhi, Bihar and Chhattisgarh.
HR Manager We are looking for a Human Resource Manager who will be the steward of people management at the organization. This role is about building a high impact team and organisational culture that empowers people to take charge and create a large-scale societal change. We are looking for an early-career leader with the energy and vision to lead the HR practice. As an HR Manager, you will recruit the best of the talent force, train the team, define and build organizational culture, lead internal HR processes, and engage the team in an environment of learning and growth. The HR Manager will report to the Executive Director (ED) and will also benefit from a foundation of processes and systems that have been built in the organisation over the years.
- Engage with key talent partners and universities to attract the best talent
- Identification, engagement and closure of recruitment within the stipulated time frame
- Responsibilities include forecasting, sourcing, screening, managing interview process in coordination with all stakeholders, verifying testimonials, salary negotiation and post-selection joining formalities
Selection and Induction Process
- Ownership of employment offer making process, including internal bench-marking, approvals and contract generation
- Develop and manage a strong induction process for all new joinees so that they are well integrated into the organisation and receive support during their probation period
- Conduct exit interviews, collect feedback and proactively suggest ways in which organisational practices can be improved
- Develop and implement the annual performance review cycle under the guidance of the Executive Director, with appropriate incentives in place to reward high-performing and high-potential employees.
- Ensure HR-related documentation is organised and accurate, backed up and fully compliant
- Coordinate external benchmarking exercises liaising with agencies as well as all internal stakeholders
- Monitor attendance and track employee leave, overtime etc as per organisational policies.
- Develop organisational processes and policies that are in line with best practice
- Be the chairperson of the Internal Committee that implements the Prevention of Sexual Harassment (PoSH) policy in compliance with the Govt of India regulations in order to provide a safe working environment at the workplace.
- Align the organization’s practices in tune with the labour laws, tax laws, permissible working hours, minimum wages, and a no-discrimination policy
- Accurate and timely payroll creating and processing, liaising with ED and Finance Manager
- Ensure 100% HR Compliance (PF, ESI, Audits etc.)
- Create and publish HR Dashboards and reports
- Communicate HR policies to all the staff across the different programs as and when required
- Review of policies periodically, suggesting changes to the senior leadership team, in order to increase employee retention and employee satisfaction
- Partner with senior leadership on building a value-based culture, vision, and alignment within the organization
- Handle grievances, counsel employees and take disciplinary actions as and when required
- Discuss critical cases with leadership team in India and counterparts at Yale to look into resolving issues
Organisational Culture and Internal Communication
- Develop internal communication initiatives to cultivate a culture built around Inclusion Economics organisational values
- Plan and implement different forums/events like staff meetings, managers meetings, PI lectures, Brown Bags, staff retreat, etc. in line with the overall vision and mission.
- Develop and support learning and development across key roles, including implementing G&A (Goals and Accomplishments processes) and competency frameworks - work closely with people managers in its implementation
- Design, develop and deliver training materials and content for bespoke training sessions at every level for the team
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Yale team, to evaluate and strengthen talent management practices
- Providing oversight for office management and oversight across locations, and specific areas of executive support
- Other responsibilities as discussed from time to time with the Executive Director
Required qualifications, skills and abilities:
- A people-first mindset person who uses long-term thinking as a principle to arrive at decisions
- An MBA/PGDM Graduate in HR & have a minimum of 5-8 years of experience in independently handling HR in the development sector
- Prior experience in implementing & improving systems, procedure and organisational designs
- Experienced in recruiting roles within Research, Tech, Product, Business Development, Account Management, etc.
- Sound judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with excellent communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and is comfortable leading without authority
- Excellent written and verbal communication and capability to relate and interact with multicultural teams. Proficient in communicating in English to be able to work with global teams
- Well adept in Microsoft Office Suite, good to have knowledge of other MIS tools and softwares
- Detail-oriented and has a demonstrated ability to handle sensitive or confidential information
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply here and fill the required details in the form.