Manager, Global People Operations - Evidence Action
- United States of America
About Evidence Action
Evidence Action is a global nonprofit organization with an approach distinctive in international development - we exclusively scale interventions that are backed by strong evidence and can be delivered with exceptional cost-effectiveness. Our programs have grown since our founding in 2013 to reach over 280 million people annually. We deliver high impact for every dollar spent, as recognized by, Give Well, The Life You Can Save, and Charity Navigator.
We do development differently. We take a data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs which deliver immense impact, ensuring these solutions measurably improve the lives of millions. Our Deworm the World Initiative has helped governments in Africa and Asia deliver over 1.4 billion childhood deworming treatments, improving health, education, and incomes. Dispensers for Safe Water provides sustained safe water access to over 4 million people in rural Africa, preventing childhood illness and deaths.
We drive innovation. Our Accelerator builds the next generation of exceptional programs, taking an approach most similar to a venture capital model. We are ruthless in which do not meet our criteria; those that advance deliver outsized impact for millions of people.
We are global. Across eight countries in Africa and Asia, our 400+ people are united by a tremendous passion for our mission and impact. We are strong because of our diversity of experience, geography, and background - with over 90% of our people in the countries where our impact is focused.
We have big ambitions. Our goal is to double our impact by 2024, to fulfill our vision of a world where hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places have better opportunities and their lives are measurably improved. We believe in bold and urgent action - because poverty doesn’t wait, and neither should we.
We need great people. Our success to date is due to the collective work of our amazing staff. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for people who share our passion for evidence, cost-effectiveness, and scale. We seek individuals who take an entrepreneurial approach, enjoy tackling hard problems, and have a bias to action and results. If our vision and approach excite you as much as it does us, we invite you to join us.
About the People and Culture Team
The Global People & Culture team sets the strategy to attract, support, and sustain the diverse and talented staff that make Evidence Action’s mission a reality. We align our people priorities to best serve organizational strategy, focusing on the areas of highest impact across the employee lifecycle to support our program teams and regional leaders. We champion the investment in Evidence Action’s strong culture, particularly as we scale, ensuring that our organization is unified in the goals we set to accomplish to serve our communities.
We are looking for a Manager to own and optimize our centralized HR system and processes in our three regions: US, India, and Africa. In addition to supporting our organization-wide annual performance reviews, we are looking for a team member to organize and analyze People-related data to develop improvement insights. We seek to have this role located in our offices in Washington D.C., although remote work within the U.S. ET and CT time zones can be considered.
- Own system optimization for core HR related platforms; HRIS, Performance Management platform, and Employee Engagement platform.
- Support the global effort to align the timing, process, and training for annual performance reviews, regular performance check-ins, and off cycle reviews.
- Proactively research and propose various People-related efficiencies or improvements as we grow as an organization.
- Own monthly and quarterly dashboard for the global people & culture team, including insights on recruiting, talent management, and other important metrics.
- Review compensation benchmark reports and support regional teams in analysis as needs arise.
- Fully own the contract process and setting up employees in new countries of operation, liaise with sub-regional HR leads to comply with all federal and state laws and regulations.
- Work on special projects and initiatives related to compensation benchmarking, being an HR partner with larger teams for future expansion into new countries.
- Support recruitment and lead hiring of key positions as needed, especially during periods of high-volume recruiting and staff leave.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with 5-7 years of full-time work experience; at least 2 years of experience in people-focused roles.
- Structured and creative problem solver with an ability to analyze data, observe trends, and drive process driven solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly in multicultural environments.
- Strong prioritization, organization and project management skills.
- Prior experience in systems management, preference for HR-related platforms (ATS, survey tools, HRIS, etc).
- Ability to anticipate needs of teams in different departments and respond quickly, ensuring adherence to organizational norms and policies.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. for role to be based in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of a U.S. employment visa at this time.
Evidence Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.