Manager, Monitoring, Learning, and Evaluation - Evidence Action
- Other advanced degree
The Global Monitoring, Learning, and Evaluation (MLE) team supports Evidence Action’s programs through well-designed monitoring, research, and evaluations and timely access to useful and insightful data analysis for evidence-based decision-making. The Global MLE team provides these services to Evidence Action’s flagship programs, Deworm the World and Dispensers for Safe Water, as well as Evidence Action’s programs in the Accelerator.The Manager, MLE is an integral member of the Global MLE team and is central in ensuring program monitoring frameworks and research and evaluation studies are designed to fit program MLE objectives. The Manager is also responsible for managing MLE design projects to meet program deadlines and for effectively communicating and engaging with program teams as it relates to MLE design deliverables. As such, the Manager must be highly motivated and flexible to adapt to program team needs. Finally, this position will report to and work closely with the Senior Manager, MLE.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design program monitoring frameworks
- Draft program theories of change and recommend key performance indicators.
- Draft relevant monitoring documents including monitoring frameworks, sampling plans, monitoring protocols, and reporting templates.
- Draft comprehensive and well-designed data collections tools to capture relevant and reliable data as defined in monitoring frameworks, and update tools based on monitoring learnings and changes to program design.
- Design and manage technical projects including research and evaluation design, survey design, and qualitative studies
- Design and manage research and evaluation projects including identifying ‘right fit’ methodologies, drafting protocols, providing oversight over data collection and drafting research and evaluation plans.
- Draft comprehensive and well-designed quantitative and qualitative data collection tools to capture relevant and reliable data as defined in individual research plans.
- Perform technical tasks including but not limited to power calculations, qualitative and quantitative data analyses and data quality assessments.Manage IRB process for research and evaluation as per organizational and country protocols.
- Effectively communicate and engage with program teams on MLE design projects
- Collaborate with and seek inputs from program teams in designing monitoring, research and evaluation.
- Participate in program development and review discussions to understand programmatic MLE needs.Ensure all MLE documents are high-quality, comprehensive, clear and (when applicable) facilitate program decision-making.
- Draft research and evaluation reports describing the objectives and methodologies, synthesizing key results and recommending actionable next steps for changes to program design and/or monitoring.
- Support program teams in donor reporting (when necessary) and develop high-quality M&E documents to share with donors, as requested.
- Support the management of internal and external partners as it relates to M&E
- Draft request for proposals or other recruitment documents to successfully identify and recruit M&E partners when additional capacity is required for M&E activities.
- Manage external partners and vendors recruited to fulfill the organization’s MLE, including but not limited to health epidemiologists and research institutions engaged for prevalence studies, appropriate data collection firms engaged for monitoring or research needs, and research firms engaged for evaluations.
- Effectively engage internal partners and technical experts in the design and execution of monitoring, research and evaluation.
- Support the development and maintenance of the organization’s MLE design standards and protocolsSupport the development and maintenance of MLE design guides and other MLE design resources such as the MLE design ‘menu’, a document listing M&E methodologies and describing the approach, appropriate us, and limitations of each methodology.
- Develop and maintain a document outlining ethical requirements in the countries where Evidence Action operates and assess current organizational processes for obtaining ethical approval. When necessary, develop resource document(s) that standardize ethical approval processes for each country.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Support the development of training materials for monitoring data collection tools in collaboration with the field management team;
- Assist the drafting and updating M&E tasks in project work plans;
- Conduct informal or formal internal trainings on monitoring and evaluation concepts for program staff when new concepts are introduced;
- Prepare presentations or reports on monitoring frameworks and research projects for internal and external audiences, including donors;
- Support the Senior Manager in identifying gaps in current M&E systems to recommend improvements and/or additional areas of M&E support to program teams.
- Master’s degree in economics, public policy, statistics or any other relevant quantitative field
- A minimum of 2 years designing, managing and implementing monitoring and evaluation projects
- Strong knowledge of M&E design concepts and methodologies
- Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with using statistical software like Stata, Excel, or R
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills to identify design needs, as well as identify appropriate practices and tools to engage program teams
- Strong writing skills to deliver high-quality deliverables to program teams and donors
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with a team that is geographically dispersed
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage and prioritize assignments in an efficient manner and in alignment with program deadlines and priorities
- Intellectual flexibility and willingness to form and adjust opinions based on evidence
- Self-motivated and quick to learn when new developments in the M&E field
- Willingness to travel
- Familiarity with the evidence base for leading global health interventions
- Familiarity with health data, research, and surveys
- Previous experience working with an international organizationFamiliarity with using qualitative analysis tools such as Nvivo
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via the following link: https://evidenceaction.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=437&source=other