Operations Associate - Development Innovation Lab - University of Chicago
- United States of America
The Becker Friedman Institute for Economics (BFI) works with the Chicago Economics community to turn its evidence-based research into real-world impact. BFI takes a unique approach to bridging the divide between academic researchers and decision-makers in the business community and government by translating and packaging the rigorous work of the Chicago Economics community into accessible formats, and proactively sharing those findings with relevant decision-makers and thought leaders around the globe. BFI is a collaborative platform serving the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, the Kenneth C. Griffin Department of Economics, the Harris School of Public Policy, and the Law School. For more information visit https://bfi.uchicago.edu.
The job provides professional support and solves straightforward problems for a broad range of business operations and academic activities. May assist with developing and implementing office procedures and policies and ensures compliance.
- Supports the day-to-day operations of the Development Innovation Lab (DIL) at the Becker Friedman Institute (BFI).
- Aids as needed on overall employee experience.
- Responsible for key aspects of onboarding.
- Manages building access of DIL employees and visitors through CBORD.
- In cooperation with the People Operations Manager and BFI Operations Manager orders IT equipment for new hires and assists with the general onboarding process.
- Maintains inventory of DIL IT equipment.
- Oversees management of office supplies, as well as the day-to-day purchase of goods and services.
- Assists, as needed, on particular financial duties in coordination with the Senior Finance Manager.
- Provides additional project support as assigned by the Senior Finance Manager and the Executive Director.
- Works as needed with facilities to manage key issues or concerns with BFI allocated space.
- Responsible for training office staff on office procedures and compliance protocols. Coordinates special projects.
- Assists in the monitoring of the various financial and budgetary activities, including vendors contracts. Preparing and monitoring the budget for a unit.
- Researches and analyzes data to create reports, and may create other reports for grants and contracts.
- Performs other related work as needed.