Operations Manager, Mexico - IPA
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) seeks a qualified Operations Manager who will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of IPA´s Mexico Office. The successful candidate will be able to formulate strategy, improve performance, procure material and resources, ensure compliance, manage communications and contribute to financial management. The ideal candidate will be able to find ways to increase the quality of our services in order to increase the satisfaction of our partners and donors and implement best practices across all levels.
Office Operations Management
- Developing and implementing internal operational policies and procedures, including procurement, ensuring that all activities are compliant with the Grant´s Operation Rules and IPA Global policies. Establish and maintain accurate supplier database.
- Contributing to organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team.
- Designing and implementing the quality system, performing quality controls and monitoring KPI´s. Monitoring program progress against programmatic targets.
- Managing day-to-day office operations.
- Designing and developing tools and resources aimed at improving operational efficiency, effectiveness.
- Supporting the Office Accountant to create indicator tracking plans for all awarded grants.
- Collaborating with the office Accountant to supervise project budgets lines and ensure the proper and effective use of program resources.
- Monitoring program progress against budgetary targets in collaboration with the Office accountant.
- Supporting the development of the budget for grants. Providing regular narrative and financial management reports.
Human resources management
- Providing advice and information to management and employees on HR policies and procedures.
- Supporting the recruitment processes.
- Supervising and manage employee attendance, leave periods, workflow and output.
- Supervising the orientation of new employees
- Counseling employees on policies and rules relating to employment policies, rules, and regulation.
Security Focal Point
- Updating the country's version of Safety and Security Manual and ensuring that the manual is accessible to all Country Office Staff
- Informing Country Office Staff of the content of this manual, including country-specific safety and security recommendations.
- Reporting all security and safety incidents and issues, regardless of severity to the Country Director and Security Global Area.
- Developing and implementing effective communication strategies (internal and external).
- Assisting with on-line content and social media presence.
- Assisting with the development of presentations and memos. Developing branding strategies.
- A bachelor’s degree (required) in business administration, accounting or a related area of study. A master’s degree (preferred) in operations management, business administration, or related fields;
- At least four years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience working in NGOs (desirable).
- Experience in financial budgeting and forecasting.
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and Spanish)
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Flexible, self-motivated, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and meet deadlines.