Policy Manager, Bangladesh - IPA
IPA is seeking a Policy Manager to support the execution of policy engagement, policy strategy, and results dissemination for an initiative that seeks to improve the availability and quality of evidence to inform gender-responsive policy and programming for the COVID-19 crisis. The Policy Manager will work with a range of stakeholders to collaboratively develop data and evidence projects related to women's work, entrepreneurship, time use, youth skilling, and youth school-to-work transitions. In this role, the Policy Manager will support IPA Bangladesh in collaborating with policymakers, researchers, experts, and internal IPA stakeholders to identify decision-maker needs and develop actionable insights to inform policies and programs impacting women and girls during the evolving COVID-19 crisis. The Policy Manager will receive guidance from gender experts and local academics in Bangladesh who are influential in the evidence-to-policy spaces in these contexts.
- Partner Development, Policy Engagement, Results Dissemination:Cultivate and lead relationships with key policy makers/practitioners and regularly engage with them to identify and assess policy needs and prioritiesIn partnership with gender experts, researchers, and other stakeholders, provide technical assistance in the development of government partners’ policy and programmatic responses to data and evidenceDevelop and execute policy impact strategies and dissemination events in Bangladesh (in partnership with research teams, PIs, and Global Policy & Comms team)
- Convene policy partners, IPA policy and sector leads, technical experts, and donors to participate in existing sector working groups or steering committees focused on using evidence to inform policy in relevant sectors
- Manage the dissemination of results with partners and collaborate with colleagues to plan and participate in policy roundtables
- Support other staff in executing project activities
- Project and Research Development
- Identify projects such as diagnostic surveys and impact evaluations in partnership with researchers and global staffLead the development of Memoranda of Understanding and protocols that guide relationships with key players in women's work, entrepreneurship and time use, and youth skilling and school-to-work transitionsPerform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Master's degree in gender, economics, development, international relations, public administration, public policy or a closely related field strongly preferred. Will accept additional experience in place of a Master's.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience, including at least 1 year of experience working closely with national government officials or large NGOs.
- Experience and interest in gender-related policy and programming, particularly in small and medium enterprises and women's work, entrepreneurship and time use, and youth skilling and school-to-work transitions
- Interest in and understanding of Bangladesh’s policy landscape, COVID-19 related policies and programming
- Knowledge of and demonstrated interest in the use of rigorous evidence for policy requiredConnections with policymakers and stakeholders in these sectors is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders informally and in presentations
- Attention to detail and advanced presentation skills for communicating policy lessons from academic papers in ways that policymakers understand. This requires clear, precise, non-technical writing, and confident, effective spoken communication and presentation style.
- Proven ability to multitask and successfully complete projects on tight deadlines with little supervision.
- Willingness to work hard, be self-motivated, and learn will be essential for doing well in this position.Ability to work effectively with colleagues across time zones