Postdoctoral Fellow, Development Innovation Lab - University of Chicago
- United States of America
The Development Innovation Lab at the University of Chicago, led by professor Michael Kremer, invites applicants for a prestigious postdoctoral position with substantive interests in development economics for the 2021-2022 academic year.
About the Lab
The Development Innovation Lab uses the tools of economics to develop innovations of practical use in developing countries. By bringing together experts in different fields and working closely with nonprofit organizations, firms and governments in developing countries, we can simultaneously advance knowledge and generate solutions to development challenges which can reach hundreds of millions of people.
We are seeking applicants for a postdoctoral fellow at the Development Innovation Lab to work on development economics projects with faculty director Professor Michael Kremer on Lab priority projects. Appointment to begin July 1, 2021, renewable for a second and third year assuming good performance. Applicants are expected to be in residence for the duration of the appointment. The University of Chicago offers competitive salary and employee benefits.
Applicants must have completed the requirements for the Ph.D. in economics or related field by July 1, 2021. They may not be employed by another institution during the term of their University of Chicago appointment.
We especially encourage applications from backgrounds under-represented in economics. The position is fully funded with no teaching requirements.
- A current curriculum vitae;
- A brief description of the current research;
- A short statement that outlines the areas of development economics that are of primary interest;
- Three letters of reference;
- Summary of research project or projects to be explored;
- Job market paper.
- PhD in economics or related field by July 1, 2021
- PhD level training in the methods of economics
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
- The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer.
How to Apply
Application materials should be submitted by January 31, 2021 to
[email protected]. (Please do not apply through the J-PAL website.) The selection committee will begin reviewing applications on February 2, 2021 and early applications are encouraged, as decisions will be made on a rolling basis. Final decisions will be announced by March 1, 2021.