Program Associate, Peace & Recovery Program - IPA
- United States of America
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) seeks a Program Associate to support the Peace & Recovery (P&R) sector program. IPA established P&R to generate needed insights and innovation for improving the lives of people that live in fragile states and areas have recently experienced conflict or other crises.
Through a competitive fund for research, and in partnership with leading academics and implementing organizations, P&R supports studies that develop, illustrate, or test fundamental theories of peace, violence, and recovery, especially those that challenge common beliefs, pioneer innovative interventions, and produce evidence where little currently exists. Topics of study include forced displacement; peacebuilding; terrorism; state-supported violence and repression; ethnic and sectarian violence; protests and other collective action; and crisis prevention, response, and recovery.
Beyond generating new evidence, P&R is ambitious in its efforts to inform policy and practice. This includes effectively disseminating randomized evaluation results, developing policy-relevant evaluations, and working with stakeholders in the sector to be better producers and users of evidence. Additionally, the program will collaborate with decision-makers to ensure that this evidence is both useful and implemented at scale.
The Peace & Recovery Program Associate will play a key role in the successful implementation of the Peace & Recovery Competitive Research Fund, and will support the Peace & Recovery Program in achieving its project development and policy impact goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Coordination of the competitive research fund:
- Coordinating the regular competitive funding process, including drafting the calls for proposals, communicating with research teams, and managing the proposal process
- Tracking the status of grants and projects in P&R’s portfolio
- Coordinating with relevant IPA teams such as research support, programs, grants, legal, finance, global operations and external relations
- Supporting grant reporting to P&R’s donors
- Supporting project development activities, including but not limited to liaising with researchers and implementing organizations, and coordinating matchmaking events and trainings
- Contributing to fundraising efforts by identifying funding opportunities, prospecting donors, and supporting the development of concept notes and proposals
- Liaising with IPA country offices in order to support them in project development efforts
Policy outreach and communications:
- Supporting policy outreach activities, including planning of events and creating and disseminating knowledge products that synthesize research results with existing knowledge
- Supporting communication activities for the program internal to IPA, such as outreach to country offices and management of P&R’s Salesforce page
- Creating original content via blogs and other pieces
- Other tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, political science, public policy, or related fields
- Attention to operational and research detail, and ability to manage multiple projects efficiently
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to present information in a structured and insightful way, both in writing and orally
- Flexibility, self-motivation, ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, willingness to learn, and a team attitude
- Demonstrated knowledge of topics related to peace and recovery and/or randomized control trials (preferred)
- Proficiency with Excel (preferred)
How to Apply
To apply, click here.