Python Developer - EPoD India at IFMR
EPoD India at IFMR, in collaboration with Yale University’s Economic Growth Center and MacMillan Center, work together to use economic frameworks and analytical tools to answer pressing policy questions and spur real-world change. We partner with policymakers to understand challenges to achieving policy objectives, design and test interventions, and share applicable insights from economic theory and empirics to more effectively deliver public services and improve the well-being of vulnerable groups. Current areas of research include gender and economic engagement (labor markets, technology, and financial inclusion); environmental policy, and governance.
We are currently seeking a Python developer to lead the maintenance and improvement of PayDash, a mobile and web application created for officers overseeing the Indian government’s MGNREGA social safety net program.
We are a small team running a big project! If you are a fresher, you will be given end-to-end responsibility for our product and learn technologies which are the industry-standard for application development. We don’t expect you to know everything, we just expect that you are willing and quick to learn. This job will prepare you extremely well for any technological role you want to pursue in the future.
If you are an experienced developer, this is a unique opportunity to take ownership of an application that we are looking to scale up. You will work closely with our team to improve our codebase, communicate with our users to identify gaps in our offering, and lead the implementation of new features for regular releases.
- Liaise with researchers and policy partners to understand and align the goals and needs of research and application.
- Maintain and improve existing code base for the backend (Python, MySQL)
- Maintain and improve data systems that ensure user data is up to date.
- Work with user support team to resolve issues submitted through our support platform.
- Manage and analyze usage data collected through Google Analytics to inform decisions of the product team.
- Other related tasks, as needed
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Computer Science/IT/Engineering or related field
- Experience with or willingness to learn every technology that we use:
- Strong problem solving skills
- Obsession with quality and customer experience
This position will be based in Delhi, India. Candidates are required to have the necessary permissions to work in India.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please email [email protected]. In the subject line, put “Python Developer” followed by your first and last name (e.g., “XXX – Jane Doe) and attach the following documents:
- CV (two pages max)
- Bonus: a link to a GitHub or other online profile with example of your work, clearly documented and explained.
To visit other open positions, please visit the MacMillan Center’s employment website.