Quantitative Research and Evaluation Manager - (m/f/d) - (DE2209RM) - The Center for Evaluation and Development (C4ED)
The Center for Evaluation and Development (C4ED), Germany, is looking for a Quantitative Research Manager to join its team. The Research Managers will be working alongside quantitative researchers and impact evaluators on projects taking place in developing countries. We are also looking to fill the position of Team Leader (interim) and applicants with experience leading small research teams may also request to be considered for this role.
C4ED’s vision is to make development interventions more effective through impact evaluations and providing evidence-based policy advice. With a strong focus on mixed-methods and quantitative impact evaluations related to sustainable development, C4ED is one of the leading German research centers in the areas of poverty reduction, microfinance, health insurance, education, humanitarian assistance, agriculture, and nutrition. C4ED is currently conducting projects all over the world and maintains research relationships with 3ie, ACTED, GCF, GIZ, IFAD, ILO, IPA, J-PAL, the World Bank, WFP, and UNICEF to name just a few of its cooperation partners.
As Research Manager for quantitative research methods, you will be involved in designing, managing and conducting quantitative data collection as well as data analysis for the projects C4ED is carrying out in developing countries.
- Provide support for setting up and administration of data collections in developing countries, in particular: questionnaire design
- programming questionnaires in CAPI software
- selection and training of enumerators
- definition of workflows and hierarchies in the field
- supervision of fieldwork budgeting
- programming and conducting high-frequency data quality checks
- managing data storage and processing
- In cooperation with experienced researchers, perform data analysis and write reports
- Contributing to applications for projects and grants
- Project management
- You have a master’s degree in economics, statistics or social science with substantial experience in quantitative data analysis.
- You have gained experience in international development or related fields – in particular in conducting field surveys and large-scale data collection in developing countries. Skills in qualitative data collection and mixed method analysis would be a plus.
- You have proven quantitative skills, knowledge of common statistical software packages (e.g. STATA and R), ideally geographical software (e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS) and experience with programming CAPI software (e.g. Survey Solutions or SurveyCTO). While you will be working in a team, you are able to manage multiple tasks and propose solutions in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- You enjoy interacting with a wide range of individuals ranging from researchers to donors to data collection staff, and you are able to maintain good collaborations.
- We have a very international team and excellent oral and written communication skills in English are a must. Excellent oral and written communication skills in French are an advantage. German, Spanish or other languages are desirable.
- If you are interested in taking on a leadership role, please mention this in your application.
Additional qualifications required for an (interim) Team Lead role
You should have a first experience of leading small research teams
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to lead an international team consisting of people based in different countries
- Strong intercultural competence
- Some management experience is desirable
- Experience managing budgets is an advantage
You will work within a growing, supportive team of experienced international researchers. The role offers a good opportunity to deepen your expertise in research methodology and general project management skills. The position is based in Mannheim, Germany, and may include travel to research project sites in Asia, Africa or South America. The position is full-time.
How to Apply
How To Apply
To submit your application, please fill out the questionnaire that you will find under the following link https://is.gd/kimbXJ and mention the reference DE2209RM.
We look forward to receiving your CV, cover letter, a copy of a report or quantitative analysis and a copy of your University’s transcripts and/or certificates.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting 4th October 2022 and the review will continue until the position is filled. You are urged to apply as soon as possible.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis to discuss availability and suitability for our current portfolio of projects.
Note that we can only accept applications that show evidence of a valid working permit for Germany.
For further information, please contact Tanja Topuzoglu ([email protected]).
Please note that we are a non-profit organisation and our salaries reflect this. We offer additional benefits such as a Job Ticket, Sports Card and flexible working hours.