Recruitment Lead - J-PAL South Asia
Start Date (earliest): ASAP ·
Grade: Manager or Senior Associate (basis qualification & experience of incumbent)
Length of Commitment: Two years, extendible on rolling basis upon mutual agreement
The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) J-PAL was established in 2003 as a research centre at the Economics Department at MIT. Since then, it has grown into a global network of researchers who use randomized evaluations to answer critical policy questions in the fight against poverty. J-PAL is propelled by a first-rate team dedicated to research, policy, training, and other vital work, supporting J-PAL's mission to reduce poverty by ensuring that policy is informed by scientific evidence. J-PAL South Asia, which is based at the Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR) in India, analyses and disseminates research results and builds partnerships with policymakers to ensure that policy is driven by evidence, and that programs proven effective are scaled up. We have a growing number of partnerships in Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. Role Overview: JPAL South Asia’s “Recruitment Lead” is an important role in the Human Resource Vertical. This is a key role, contributing and supporting the HR vertical to meet their strategic goals. The position involves close working relationship with other verticals, especially the Research, Policy and Training teams, with responsibility catering to the staffing needs of the organization, across India. We are looking for an experienced Recruitment specialist who will lead the Recruitment services and who will be based out of our Delhi office. The Recruitment Lead will be responsible for all design, management and execution of all activities and goals to attract & recruit top talent J-PAL, South Asia. This person will work closely with Head HR.
Responsibilities will include the following, but may not be limited to the same:
Recruitment Strategy – Support the design and deployment of creative strategies and programs for building a significant talent pipeline (global top talent) as well as lead outreach initiatives.
- Design & execute talent mapping (and market mapping) for building strong pipelines for active & passive talent.
- Design & lead cost-effective employer branding activities to attract top talent.
- Implement candidate experience techniques & processes for enhancing recruitment experience for external stakeholders.
- Conduct periodic surveys to gauge feedback, action to fill gaps & improve scores.
Talent acquisition: lead all recruitment activities for timely and cost-effective closure of vacancies.
- Job Description:
- Creating, publishing, advertising and maintaining attractive Job descriptions,
- raising vendor payment requests,
- maintaining standardization internally.
- Candidature Sourcing: Advertising jobs on new and existing forums & channels for higher & better applications through internal & external channels – as per hiring manager discretion and HR Head approvals.
- Identify and utilize innovative channels for effective outreach and strong application pipelines year-round.
- Leverage digital channels, social recruitment tools & techniques and innovative staffing practices (incl. content & campaigns on LinkedIn, alumni networking and community engagement or similar activities).
- Collaborate internally for optimum results in high quality community engagement and applications from top domestic & international cohorts as per internal strategy.
Selection Process: Owner and manager of the end-to-end process of selection & hiring for all vacancies. Lead all stages for timely & effective talent acquisition including but not limited to the following:
- candidature screening, hiring manager support,
- tests design, administration & grading (as per customized hiring needs),
- interview design, execution & internal capacity building, manage TATs,
- advise & support hiring managers on recruitment KPIs, TATs, advertisements, process and tools,
- conducting reference checks & background verifications,
- Offer processing and salary negotiations (internal & external) for on boarding talent with internal parity. Maintain time sensitivity for critical offers and seek timely acceptance on offers from selected & preferred candidates.
New hire support:
- Pre-joining: Custodian of smooth & timely pre-joining formalities. Support all potential new hires from offer acceptance to on boarding across all facets.
- HR On-boarding: Process & collaterals management (design, execution & enhancement), new hire probation process management.
Recruitment Dashboards and MIS:
- Support in design, upkeep and enhancement of Recruitment Dashboard.
- Track & report across all facets of all vacancies, applications, internships, redeployment, and new hire support, on demand.
- Analyse trends in vacancies and hires; recommend improvements for better talent acquisition practices.
- Timely, clear and high-quality communication with all internal & external stakeholders across all stages of talent acquisition / recruitments incl. but not limited to principal investigators, leadership team, partner organizations, hiring managers, network organizations, hiring pools such as campuses and prospective employees.
- Process & communication custodian for internal candidate placements across projects, for facilitation of effective internal talent redeployment.
- `Process improvements and recommendations for identifying movements ahead of actual exits.
- Matchmaking of skills, aspirations with vacancies and negotiations on demand.
- Identify and collaborate with external vendors specializing in niche and cost-effective staffing solutions.
- Establish & facilitate service quality standards with cost efficiency. iii. Contract management including statutory compliances for talent acquisition.
- Custodian of internal Recruitment Portal. Promote portal utilization for effective staffing, quick TATs. Lead process design & deployments for enhancing recruitment effectiveness.
Internships: Manage the strategic Student Internship programs for J-PAL South Asia:
- End-to-end process design & management for applications, selection and placement of interns round-the-year,
- Design & manage governance for best internship experience for all stakeholders,
- Manage all communication with interns, campuses and projects,
- Manage post-internship engagement for enhancing candidate pool.
Campus Connect & Winter Drive: As per the organizational calendar, manage all aspects of Campus initiatives to build active & passive talent pipelines. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Domestic campus outreach program,
- Global campus outreach program,
- Information package design & delivery,
- Internal communication & collaboration for timely talks,
- Feedback design, collation and analysis for post-talk student engagement,
- Manage all aspects of the Winter drive with the Global SPOCs,
- Build active engagement with students for direct placements.
HR Support: Extend any other HR support on demand from HR vertical / Vertical Head / F&O Director. Structure and Reporting: An integral part of the People Function at J-PAL, SA, the Recruitment Lead will report to the Head-HR and will be expected to work in close co-operation with other members of the HR team as well as other functions.
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Design, Educational or Organizational Psychology, Business Administration (MBA) with a specialization in HR, or similar relevant degree. Required professional experience:
- Must have minimum 5 years of hands-on experience with talent acquisition/ recruitments, especially in niche positions in an organization of repute.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point),
- Good experience of working with browser based ATS ad Linkedin.
- Strong experience of conducting Recruitment drives, campaigns and events.
- Demonstrated experience of collaborating with leaders and colleagues to drive results.
- Demonstrated successful experience working with detailed information and numerical data and presenting it in a way that is easily understood by people at different levels in the organization.
- Experience in supporting implementation of diverse and high impact HR initiatives.
- Experience with event management.
Other competencies required:
- Proactive, self-motivated professionals who are willing to rise to requirements of the job and go above & beyond call of duty will be most suited.
Other required competencies include:
- Ability to multi-task and communicate with leadership and high-level academicians, o Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills,
- Strong presentation skills,
- Ability to work in fast evolving / ambiguous environments,
- Flexibility & adaptability,
- Creative thinker with problem-solving attitude,
- Good learning appetite.
- Candidates from development sector will be preferred.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in India.
Please send in your updated CV, statement of purpose (cover letter) and following details (Current salary, Expected salary & Notice period) to [email protected] The last date to apply is 10th November 2021. Only shortlisted applications will be contacted for further rounds.
How to Apply
Complete the J-PAL/IPA common application. After completing a brief registration, choose the [Finance and Operation] job category, then select "[Recruitment Lead- J-PAL South Asia]” and include resume, cover letter, transcripts, and two recommendation letters. Note that applications with incomplete submissions will not be considered.
You are able to submit your application before your references complete their recommendation letters; however, you must include their contact information before submitting your application. Given the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.