Research Analyst, Dominican Republic - IPA
- Dominican Republic
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) seeks a qualified Research Analyst based in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic to support the office’s research projects. Our projects bring together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine solutions to improve the lives of the world’s poor. The Analyst will work closely with the Research Associates team on the design and implementation of research studies. This position is contingent upon project approval and donor funding.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to gain extensive hands‐on field research experience and significant management responsibility in a vibrant organization undertaking cutting‐edge development research. Key areas of involvement will include coordinating and collaborating with the Research Associates and Research Manager, designing survey questionnaires, recruiting, training, and managing survey teams, cleaning and analyzing survey data, and assisting in the writing of project reports and other research documents. The work will develop your analytical and management skills and require your full commitment in a challenging environment.
IMPORTANT: This is an entry-level position, it is not required to submit recommendation letters to apply, these will be required later in the process.
- Monitor the implementation of fieldwork.
- Ensure compliance with the data quality protocol.
- Work with PIs, IPA staff, and other partners to analyze collected and available data and interpret the findings.
- Support the development of reports and presentations for different audiences in English and Spanish.
- Support in the design of survey questionnaires.
- Support the literature review and other research tasks for research projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, international development, or related fields. Students from these disciplines, on their last courses of undergrad, are welcomed to apply.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills; meticulous attention to detail; ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English, including the ability to effectively communicate.
- Quantitative skills and knowledge of Stata required; programming and other technical knowledge are a strong plus.
- Capability to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Knowledge and Interests
- Interest in academic research.
- Knowledge and interest in experimental and quasi-experimental impact evaluation methodologies as well as data collection techniques and data analysis methodologies.
- Knowledge of using Stata, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English, and ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner.
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt to change, manage uncertainty and ambiguity, and willingness to learn.
- Time management: Ability to plan objectives, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work efficiently.
- Teamwork: Ability to work with others respectfully, under efficient collaboration schemes, appreciating diversity, accepting, and applying feedback, and being reliable regarding due dates and task completion.
- Other: Attention to detail, high organization, and ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.