Research Associate - IPA
IPA Peru has been leading field-based randomized evaluations since 2003. Our work in Peru is defined by strong engagement with key decision-makers and foundational research in: education, gender-based violence, social protection, financial inclusion, and health.
IPA Peru seeks a Research Associate (RA) to lead and manage an RCT in Peru for a period of 6 months. The RA will provide technical support to an early child development project. The RA will lead the fieldwork and data collection in urban and peri-urban areas of the country (to be defined).The RA will work closely with a Senior Research Associate, Country Director, and staff from the implementing partner, to oversee the implementation of the research study. The position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand field management experience in an organization undertaking cutting-edge development research, as well as the opportunity to work in close collaboration with high-level policy partners. Key areas of involvement will include coordinating and collaborating with implementing partners, training and managing survey teams, supervising logistics for the field activities, cleaning and analyzing survey data and assisting in the writing of project reports and policy memos.
- Project preparation and planning, including piloting and scoping work or secondary research to help finalize the research design and protocols
- Profficient team manage, including a Research Analyst and the fieldwork team
- Manage relationships with staff at the partner organization, including regular follow-ups and meetings
- Ensuring all data quality protocols are followed including auditing staff and performing regular data checks on collected data
- Manage all data security aspects of the project, including protection of PI from un-authorized access and use
- Design forms for electronic data collection (using Survey CTO) and manage survey data
- Ensure all aspects of data quality by overseeing the implementation of data quality protocols including daily quality checks and data security and sharing.
- Take a lead on data cleaning, preliminary analysis (as directed by the PI and ARM) as well as other data processes on the project
- Writing regular progress reports and leading project meetings to ensure deadlines are met
- Manage project staff hiring; prepare project staff hiring adverts, work with the HR department on screening and assist in conducting project interviews
- Maintain regular communication with the Principal Investigators, keeping them updated on the progress. And will also maintain and constantly update the project log and other documentations
- Education: Bachelor's degree in economics, statistics, public policy, or other quantitative social science disciplines
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of statistical software such as Stata or R, and experience with data management and data cleaning
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience is required (development and/or environmental economics strongly preferred).
- Excellent management and organizational skills; ability to successfully complete assigned tasks and meet deadlines required
- Communication Skills: strong oral and written communication skills in the English language required