Research Associate - IPA
IPA Peru has been leading field-based randomized evaluations since 2003. Our work in Peru and the region is defined by strong engagement with key decision-makers and foundational research in: education, gender-based violence, social protection, financial inclusion, and health.
IPA Peru seeks a Research Associate (RA) to lead and manage the Endline stage of an RCT in Belize, for a period of 6 months. The RA will provide technical support, lead data collection and analysis in a Educational project. The RA will work closely with the Associate Research Manager and other project partners. This dynamic role provides a unique opportunity to get exposure to all aspects of mission-driven international research and provides a high potential for growth within the team. If you are interested in the international development and/or evidence space across programs, this role maybe just right for you. We are looking for people who share our passion for data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs. IPA is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual with outstanding research, project management, and data analysis expertise.
Below is a list of some of the general duties and responsibilities of the Research Associate, to be carried out as needed according to the determination of the Associate Research Manager.
- Project preparation and planning, including piloting and scoping work or secondary research to contribute to the research instruments and fieldwork protocols
- Manage relationships with staff at the partner organization, including regular follow-ups and meetings
- Ensuring all data quality protocols are followed including auditing staff and performing regular data checks on collected data
- Manage all data security aspects of the project, including protection of PII from un-authorized access and use
- Program forms for electronic data collection (using Survey CTO) and manage survey data
- Ensure all aspects of data quality by overseeing the implementation of data quality protocols including daily quality checks and data security and sharing.
- Take a lead on data cleaning, preliminary analysis (as directed by the PI and ARM) as well as other data processes on the project
- Writing regular progress reports and leading project meetings to ensure deadlines are met
- Work closely with the Associate Research Manager and Grants team in managing donor deliverables
- Manage project staff hiring; prepare project staff hiring adverts, work with the HR department on screening and assist in conducting project interviews
- Maintain regular communication with the Principal Investigators, keeping them updated on the progress
- Maintain and constantly update the project log and other documentations -
- Overall finance oversight on the project including financial tracking, reporting and budget management
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, public policy, or other quantitative social science disciplines
- Quantitative Skills: Strong technical understanding of econometrics and / or data science strongly preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of statistical software such as Stata or R, and experience with data management and data cleaning
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience is required.
- Experience managing field staff, partner liaison and relationship management in developing countries strongly preferred
- Excellent management and organizational skills; ability to successfully complete assigned tasks and meet deadlines required
- Attention to detail and advanced writing and presentation skills are required
- Communication Skills: strong oral and written communication skills in the English language required