Research Coordinator/Manager, Colombia
IPA-Colombia seeks a Research Coordinator/Manager to join a very dynamic and passionate team in Colombia. The Research Coordinator/Manager will oversee a portfolio of research projects, each of which are staffed by our stellar team of Research Associates and Analysts. This is a unique opportunity for an outstanding individual to provide strong leadership and strategic perspective to the country office while also acting as a critical bridge between academic researchers, policymakers, and staff implementing research on the ground. The Research Coordinator/Manager must possess the technical skills to ensure the highest quality and rigor in the design and implementation of our research, the communication skills (written and verbal presentation) to maintain strong connections with our clients and partners (present and potential), and the managerial skills to efficiently and effectively manage complex workflows, staff teams, and project financials (i.e. budgets, grants).
As an ideal candidate, you not only have a rock solid technical foundation in impact evaluation methodology, but you can also independently guide and direct the activities that happen both upstream and downstream of any rigorous, randomized evaluation (i.e. mapping theory of change, measurement design and piloting, data analysis, results communication, etc.). You enjoy leading high-performing teams that drive the production of the highest quality research for our clients and partners. You excel in solving problems and are quickly able to move from ambiguity and abstraction to structure and concrete action. You have a strong social acumen, a creative, entrepreneurial mindset, and are excited about the opportunity to broaden, deepen, and manage meaningful relationships with high-level clients and partners across the public and private sector. You are excited to help set and execute the strategy for IPA to grow and better achieve its mission in Colombia and the region.
- Mentor, coach, manage, and support a team of Research Associates / Analysts and field staff in the implementation of complex impact evaluations around the country.
- Develop and manage relationships with researchers, implementation and policy partners, and funders to ensure successful projects.
- Design and execute strategies to grow and expand the operations of the office.
- Plan, supervise, and ensure the quality of project implementation and deliverables.
- Produce technical reports and policy products for researchers, policymakers, donors, and other partners.
- Monitor the finances and operations of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Maintain compliance with IPA’s policies and procedures as well as Colombian law.
- Support the development of new projects in Colombia and the region, by establishing relationships with researchers, policymakers, implementers, and funders, and developing concept notes and proposals.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Degree in economics, political science, public health, public policy, or related fields. A quantitative background is preferred. A graduate degree is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative. Mastery of impact evaluation methodology and its applications.
- Experience managing, cleaning, analyzing, presenting data. Experience in Stata required, additional experience with R / Python preferred.
- Excellent project, people, and partner management skills. Three to five years of management experience preferred.
- Ability to form and lead teams.
- Experience developing and managing project budgets.
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Ability to identify problems/needs/opportunities/risks and quickly move from ambiguity and abstraction to structure and concrete action.
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external partners.
- Excellent communication skills in Spanish and English are required.
- Significant experience living and working in Colombia or the region is strongly preferred.