Senior Associate: C-LOP - J-PAL South Asia
About the Organization
The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) is a global research center working to reduce poverty by ensuring that policy is informed by scientific evidence. Anchored by a network of 171 affiliated professors at universities around the world, J-PAL conducts randomized impact evaluations to answer critical questions in the fight against poverty. J-PAL South Asia, based at the Institute for Financial Management and Research in India, leads J-PAL’s work in the South Asia region. J-PAL South Asia conducts randomized evaluations, builds partnerships for evidence-informed policymaking, and helps partners scale up effective programs. Over more than ten years of existence, J-PAL South Asia has conducted 182 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations.
About the Project
J-PAL SA, based at the Institute of Financial Research and Management in India, seeks a Senior Associate under its policy initiative on Creating Learning Opportunities for Public Officials (C-LOP) in India. We are looking for a high-calibre individual who can leverage his/her knowledge, experience and passion for capacity development, learning and education for Government leaders in India.
The C-LOP Initiative is a fund dedicated to support Government of India’s Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) and other Government training institutions in their efforts to assemble a global coalition of knowledge partners and universities. By working in close partnership with DoPT, the C-LOP initiative will create a platform that will provide lifelong learning opportunities to public officials in India to build their skills and knowledge across a wide range of domains.
The Senior Associate will play an important role by contributing to the C-LOP initiative and will closely work with a range of stakeholders to understand the needs of government departments and help them deliver online and blended training modules, creating a continuum of learning opportunities for public officials in India.
The key responsibilities include:
- Deliver on a range of tasks to support C-LOP’s effort with DoPT, including identification of competencies and associated training needs required by public officials.
- Coordinate with specific government departments and training institutions to identify the required competencies, associated roles and activities of public officials.
- Support capacity building efforts across government departments to streamline this initiative.
- Identify and liaise with global institutions providing on-line, blended and face-to-face content that map to the skills and knowledge identified by DoPT and organize in-person sessions to supplement courses wherever needed.
- Support efforts in developing Joint Learning Networks on the learning platform for public officials.
- Contribute to efforts to enable government training institutions to embed the curated on-line courses as a part of their regular training offerings.
- Support relationships with all stakeholders by creating periodic updates through documents, presentations etc.
- Develop documents and create presentations and other collateral as required.
The role might require some travel within India
- 3-5 years of work experience in a high performing environment
- A Master’s degree in economics, public policy or related fields is preferred
- Experience in EdTech and managing or leading online learning
- Preferred, not required:
- Prior capacity building experience in the development sector, preferably with governments
- Experience working with complex partnerships, especially with governments, donors, and research organisations
Skills and competencies
- Exceptional communication skills, including writing, conversing and presenting clearly in English
- Proven ability to independently handle multiple diverse assignments simultaneously, successfully complete assigned tasks and meet deadlines while conducting high-quality work
- Ability to work closely with multiple team members in a collaborative manner
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically frequently and flexibly
How to Apply
Complete the J-PAL/IPA common application. After completing a brief registration, choose the Training job category, then select "Senior Associate:C-LOP - J-PAL South Asia” and include resume, cover letter, transcripts, and two recommendation letters. Note that applications with incomplete submissions will not be considered.
You are able to submit your application before your references complete their recommendation letters; however, you must include their contact information before submitting your application. Given the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.