Senior Associate, Information Technology - Evidence Action
- United States of America
- Some post-secondary education
- Other advanced degree
About Evidence Action
Evidence Action aims to be a world leader in scaling evidence-based and cost-effective programs to reduce the burden of poverty for hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places. Last year Deworm the World reached 280 million people with deworming medications, partnering with governments to launch, scale, and sustain mass school-based deworming programs. Meanwhile, Dispensers for Safe Water provided 4M people across rural Africa with clean water, saving thousands of young lives. The approach relies on an innovative and human-centric design to deliver clean water at the source.In addition to running these scaled programs, Evidence Action leverages its unique Accelerator to develop the next generation of programs. These programs are rigorously tested to ensure exceptional scale, cost-effectiveness, and clear evidence of impact. In 2019 we launched an ambitious new strategy, with the goal of doubling our impact over the next five years, with much of that impact coming from new programs identified and scaled through the Accelerator.Evidence Action has a presence across 10 countries, with major offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Delhi, India; and Washington, D.C. Evidence Action’s programs have been recognized by GiveWell, the Skoll Foundation, the Life You Can Save, Giving What We Can, and covered in the Economist, NPR, and the New York Times.Job PurposeEvidence Action is seeking a talented Global Information Technology (IT) Senior Associate to join our team. The Senior Associate, Global IT, will administer various web based systems, provide technical support to the Washington, D.C. office, and act as the technology point of contact for international staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support a wide variety of off-the-shelf services, hosted applications, and cloud-based systems.Provide technical support across the organization; act as the initial point of contact for all IT-related concerns from employees; respond in a timely manner to service requests and issues.Manage & administer endpoint protection and develop management reports.
- Manage user accounts including setup and deactivation.Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, peripherals and office equipment.
- Manage and administer devices including maintaining inventory, initiating warranty claims and replacing equipment as directed.
- Manage software licenses, domain registration, services, and their billingManage monthly expense processes including processing invoices, compiling expenses, and submitting for approval.
- Perform delivery of end-user services, including training, help desk and technical support services
- Administer office and remote user IP chat and video communication systems
- Occasional off-hour or cross-timezone assignments as requiredOther duties and responsibilities as assigned
Location: The position will be based in Washington, DC.
Note: This position will begin remotely but will be in-office starting in 2021.
- 2-4 years experience with the Google Workspace platform and a centrally administered cloud file storage system.
- 1-2 years providing Tier 1 or 2 Help Desk experience with problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. 1-2 years experience administering and managing the daily activities of cloud, online, and SaaS systems
- .Experience with endpoint management tools, including security and web filtering tools.Experience administering and supporting desktop software including Windows 10 and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with office IT support including laptops, printers, and inventory trackingInterest in learning new skills and technologies.
- Strong communication skills and a client-focused approach.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- A bachelor's degree in a technology related field is preferred.
- Experience with Box online storage is preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred.
- Data modeling and analytics experience is a plus.
Evidence Action does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.