Senior Designer - Graphics/Content, Creating Learning Opportunities for Public Officials in India (CLOP) - J-PAL South Asia
About the Organization
The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) is a global research center working to reduce poverty by ensuring that policy is informed by scientific evidence. Anchored by a network of 200 affiliated professors at universities around the world, J-PAL conducts randomized impact evaluations to answer critical questions in the fight against poverty. J-PAL South Asia, based at the Institute for Financial Management and Research in India, leads J-PAL’s work in the South Asia region. J-PAL South Asia conducts randomized evaluations, builds partnerships for evidence-informed policy making, and helps partners scale up effective programs. Over more than ten years of existence, J-PAL South Asia has conducted 182 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations.
About the Position
J-PAL SA, based at the Institute of Financial Research and Management in India, seeks a Senior Designer under its recently launched initiative Creating Learning Opportunities for Public Officials (CLOP) in India.
The CLOP Initiative is a fund dedicated to supporting Government of India’s Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) and other Government training institutions in their efforts to assemble a global coalition of knowledge partners and universities. By working in close partnership with DoPT, the CLOP initiative will help create a platform that will provide lifelong learning opportunities to public officials in India to build their skills and knowledge across a wide range of domains.
The Senior Designer will play an important role by contributing to the CLOP initiative and will work closely with the team in order to provide support in designing and developing content for print and electronic media and developing strategies for brand management.
- Lead design, branding, and art direction to meet the stakeholder and external partner requirements
- Lead the development of high-quality information design, and static and interactive visualizations
- Design visual imagery for publications, annual reports, presentations and other print and electronic materials
- Oversee and collaborate with a diversely skilled communications team and ensure work is impactful, engaging, of the highest quality and in line with the organization’s strategy
- Work with the senior team to customize marketing campaigns, and organize and manage all print and online marketing collateral.
- Support J-PAL SA research, policy, and training teams on any other communications tasks, as needed
- Education: A master’s degree, preferably in fine arts/graphic arts and/or mass communication/media. Professional experience in working with research organizations and/or non-profits.
- Experience: This is a senior-level position requiring 9 - 12 years of relevant work experience. You have experience in creating and managing digital content. You have proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and other new-age tools
- Skills: You have experience with stakeholder and project management and an aptitude for multimedia content production. You have proven experience of performing all technical aspects of a front end build. You have experience working with HTML and CSS and have an in-depth knowledge of current techniques and best industry practices.
- Communication: You are proactive, detail-oriented and have excellent writing, copy editing skills. You have the ability to understand stakeholder requirements and translate it into design. You are precise, clear, and creative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization: You are a strategic thinker. You can handle multiple projects at once, meet deadlines, and effectively manage your time. You bring consistently high levels of thoroughness and initiative to all projects you undertake
- Attitude: You love learning. You are passionate about the role of rigorous research in informing international development policy. You are self-motivated, hard-working, and enjoy working in teams.
How to Apply
Complete the J-PAL/IPA common application. After completing a brief registration, choose the [Training] job category, then select "[Senior Designer- Graphics/Content, Creating Learning Opportunities for Public Officials in India (CLOP) - J-PAL South Asia]” and include resume, cover letter, transcripts, and two recommendation letters. Note that applications with incomplete submissions will not be considered.
You are able to submit your application before your references complete their recommendation letters; however, you must include their contact information before submitting your application. Given the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.