Senior Finance and Operations Associate, Employment Lab, Morocco - J-PAL MENA
- Other advanced degree
The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL), Evidence for Policy Design (EPoD) at Harvard Kennedy School and the Policy Center for the New South (PCNS) seek a qualified Senior Finance and Operations Associate to provide crucial operational support to set up and grow the Morocco Employment organizational and financial management capabilities.
The objective of the Employment Lab is to support the creation of a culture of evidence through impact evaluations and capacity building, to strengthen existing labor market programs and improve the effectiveness of future programs and policies in Morocco.
The position offers an opportunity for the Senior Finance and Operations Associate to provide financial and logistical support to the range of diverse activities the Employment Lab will achieve, including rigorous impact evaluation research, multi-layered training activities and policy engagement with Moroccan partners. The role provides a unique opportunity to build on existing experience, and to contribute to creating and running the organizational structure of growing programs, while also being involved in logistically supporting a range of major events and outreach.
The Senior Finance and Operations Associate will report directly to the Employment Lab Deputy Director, and will also work coordinate closely with staff from the PCNS and with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). The Employment Lab scientific directors are Bruno Crépon (ENSAE) and Rema Hanna (Harvard). This position is located in Rabat, Morocco.
As the Employment Lab Senior Finance and Operations Associate, you will work closely with the Employment Lab Deputy Director and staff from the PCNS and MIT, implementing the following tasks:
Coordinate budget preparation
- Develop budgets while ensuring legal compliance and coordination with PCNS
- Track expenses incurred and perform regular financial reporting and closeout
- Report budget and expenses to MIT on a regular basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensure, together with PCNS, prompt payment of bills and salaries
- Establish procurement contracts and subawards
- Management of contracts and deliverables
- Logistical support to major events, trainings, visits of Senior Professors and Employment Lab employees
- Manage contact and information management systems
- A Master's Degree, preferably in business, project management or finance.
- 3 or more years of relevant work experience is required
- Experience working with a research institution is a plus.
- Experience living in Morocco is a strong advantage.
- Fluency in French and some command of English are required. Arabic command is a strong plus.
- Interest in international development and poverty reduction, as well as for operational, organizational, and management issues.
- Proven ability to handle several different projects/tasks at one time, successfully completing tasks assigned, and meeting urgent and short deadlines. Doing all this while maintaining a positive and cheerful attitude to work is essential.
- Detail-oriented and with good writing skills. You understand how to communicate in a precise, clear, and creative way.
- Good command of Microsoft Excel and comfortable learning new computer applications.
- Self-motivated to continuously improve yourself and processes, and interest in working in teams.
- This position requires an involvement of two years at a minimum.
How to Apply
Please complete the Policy Center for the New South application
Once you complete your application online, please share your CV and cover letter with [email protected] following these instructions: (1) In the subject line: Include your full name: first (given) name followed by last (family) name and (2) in the email body: Copy exactly and only the following line: “Senior Finance and Operations Associate, Employment Lab, Morocco".
Given the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Candidates must be authorized to work in Morocco.