Senior Finance & Operations Associate - J-PAL Southeast Asia
The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) is globally headquartered within the Economics Department at MIT. J-PAL is a pioneer of using randomized evaluations to answer critical policy questions in the fight against poverty. J-PAL Southeast Asia (J-PAL SEA) is one of its seven independent regional offices based around the world hosted at local universities. J-PAL SEA, based at the Institute for Economic and Social Research, Faculty for Economic and Business at the University of Indonesia (LPEM - FEB UI) seeks a qualified applicant for Senior Finance and Operations Associate positions to support in supervising office finances, monitor project budgets, and work with donors on general and project funding.
The Senior Finance and Operations Associate will be responsible for performing a range of financial tasks to support efficient office operations, including but not limited to the following:
Payment Operations and Financial Reporting:
- Collaboratively working with Finance and Administrations Associate to ensure payment operations are executed in a timely manner while ensuring all finance supporting documents are complete and valid in line with the J-PAL SEA's finance policies;
- Maintain tax recapitulation, finance tracking system, and support audit process;
- Coordinate with LPEM FEB UI’s Finance team on invoicing, administering tax and reporting;
- Responsible for generating monthly financial reports by recording all bank transactions into the Accounting systems.
Project and Grants Management:
- Collaborate with managers to support monitoring the project spending and other project’s related activity;
- Manage grant disbursement for multiple projects by ensuring all the documentations comply with the donor's requirements;
- Supporting the team in preparing activities related towards the development of the research project and strategic direction of the organization;
- Involved in developing Finance and Administrations Associate at J-PAL SEA who is responsible for grants management, office management, human resources, and financial administration;
- Maintain a system of financial control that meets University and donor requirements for transparency and responsible management of resources.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Accounting or relevant studies;
- Prior experience working as Finance staff for a research institution or international organization is encouraged to apply. Experience in accounting, office administration and procurement preferably for projects funded by International donor such as DFAT or USAID is preferred;
- Strong interpersonal and analytical abilities; broad knowledge of the principles of financial and administrative management;
- Work Management: Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties as well as to effectively organize, prioritize work assignments, multi-task, and work well under pressure;
- Orientation to Details: Strong ability to manage a time-sensitive workflow while maintaining absolute accuracy with details;
- Communication: Have good writing and presentation skills for communicating the office policy and guideline in ways that staff members understand. This requires clear, precise, non-technical writing, and visual creativity in presentation;
- Language: Ability to write and speak fluently in Bahasa Indonesia and English;
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds;
- Have authorization to work in Indonesia (either by being an Indonesian national or otherwise).
How to Apply
How to Apply
J-PAL Southeast Asia is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
To apply, please send an email with your application to [email protected] by 31 October 2022 following these instructions exactly:
- Use the following as the email subject line: "J-PAL SEA Senior Finance and Operations Associate” Please do not include any other text in the body of the e-mail. Adding extra text will interfere with the processing of your application.
- Attach PDF copies of your CV, your academic transcripts, and a cover letter no longer than 500 words. The cover letter should discuss how you meet the aforementioned position requirements, emphasizing relevant skills and experience, as well as why you are interested in working with J-PAL SEA and how this experience will contribute to fulfilling their future academic and/or professional plans.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. As the applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, interested candidates are advised to apply at the earliest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.