Senior Training Associate - J-PAL South Asia
J-PAL translates research into action, promoting a culture of evidence-informed policymaking around the world. The Training team at J-PAL South Asia supports this objective by conducting high-quality training workshops and courses, providing advisory services to key partners, and promoting the use of rigorous evidence throughout the South Asia region.
Additionally, since 2011, J-PAL South Asia at IFMR has hosted the South Asia Regional Centre for Learning on Evaluation and Results (CLEAR). CLEAR South Asia is one of six regional centers established through an initiative coordinated by the World Bank’s Independent Evaluation Group. As the host of the CLEAR South Asia Centre, J-PAL South Asia at IFMR offers capacity building services to policymakers, governments, foundations, international development organizations, civil society, and M&E practitioners in the broader South Asia region.
J-PAL South Asia seeks a Senior Training Associate to contribute to its mission of promoting evidence-informed policy. The Senior Training Associate position will be based in New Delhi, India, and will support J-PAL South Asia’s ongoing efforts to build the capacity of our partners, including important stakeholders such as government officials, international organizations, philanthropic foundations, NGO partners, and others. The Senior Training Associate’s primary tasks will involve supporting the implementation of training workshops, events, and technical advisory services that help partners better understand monitoring and evaluation (M&E), specifically in the area of impact evaluation. The Senior Training Associate will also play a key role in knowledge management for the team, including support for internal knowledge sharing processes, efforts to share knowledge locally, regionally, and globally, and contributing to the communication of knowledge products.
- Providing support for a variety of capacity-building, knowledge sharing, and technical advisory services for strategic partners, including government officials and policy makers, implementing partners and researchers
- Supporting managers in the successful implementation of training courses
- Supporting capacity building activities for the advocacy of high quality M&E (e.g., roundtables, policy dialogues)
- Preparing presentations, training materials, manuals and knowledge products for different capacity building initiatives
- Playing a key role in the Center’s knowledge management activities, including knowledge documentation, knowledge sharing, and maintaining knowledge management systems, among other knowledge management responsibilities
- Providing additional support to CLEAR grant management
- Supporting stakeholder engagement, partnership development and outreach activities
- Playing an active role in the development of internal team processes
- Supporting cross-vertical collaborations on a regular basis
- Supporting new initiatives under the capacity building unit
- Education: A Master’s degree (preferably in Economics, Public Policy or International Development). A strong technical understanding of economics, statistics or evaluation is necessary to ensure that J-PAL’s findings are translated into general policy conclusions in a way that is both simple to follow but also accurate and undistorted. Strong interest in international development policy, South Asia development, and/or program evaluation as demonstrated by coursework and professional experience.
- Experience: This position requires minimum 1- 2 years of relevant experience. Your experience should demonstrate your ability to successfully manage both your own work and multi-person projects and effectively handle a variety of interactions with internal and external parties. Prior experience teaching, tutoring, or developing content would be an added plus.
- Communication: Attention to detail and advanced writing and presentation skills for communicating technical concepts around randomized evaluations in ways that policymakers and others understand. This requires clear, precise, non-technical writing, and creativity in presentation.
- Knowledge Management: Experience with knowledge management systems and practices is preferred
- Time Management: Proven ability to handle several different projects/tasks at one time, successfully complete tasks assigned, and meet deadlines. A willingness to work hard, be self-motivated and learn will be essential for doing well in this position.
***Candidates must be authorized to work in India.
How to Apply
Complete the J-PAL/IPA common application. After completing a brief registration, choose the (Training) job category, then select "Senior Training Associate - J-PAL South Asia” and include a resume, cover letter, transcripts, and two recommendation letters. Note that applications with incomplete submissions will not be considered.
You are able to submit your application before your references complete their recommendation letters; however, you must include their contact information before submitting your application. Given the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.