Special Projects Coordinator - Development Innovation Lab - University of Chicago
- United States of America
The job coordinates non-technical (not information technology or construction related) projects from conception to completion. Assists with the assembly of teams and the development of detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports using straightforward problem solving skills.
- Manages email communications in the DIL inbox and responds or coordinates responses with relevant DIL team members.
- Coordinates DIL team's work with outside institutions, including NGOs and government agencies.
- Organizes speaking and media requests for domestic and international events.
- Monitors DIL’s internal and external communications to maximize research impact and exposure.
- Maintains DIL’s website. Organizes on and off-campus meetings including lab meetings, workshops, and other special events. Coordinates speakers, handling all travel arrangements and reimbursements; handles speaker’s itinerary.
- Coordinates complex domestic and multi-country international travel arrangements and reimbursements for DIL team and visitors.
- Collaborates on new and ongoing research projects. Tasks include: proofreading, fact-checking, and editing papers and reports under the supervision of the Executive Director.
- Coordinates events, researches logistics, assists with planning and preparing presentations, event outreach, and post-event write ups.
- Assists with researching funding opportunities, preparing grant proposals, and drafting and/or editing other written materials with moderate guidance.
- Assists with other administrative projects as needed and acquire higher level guidance and skills.
- Performs other related work as needed.