Staff Accountant - Evidence Action
- United States of America
About the Position
The Staff Accountant will play an integral part in achieving the finance team’s customer service and operational objectives. This position will work closely with the US and global finance and program teams to manage the US Office’s day-to-day accounting processes including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. We are seeking a motivated individual who is passionate about accountability and the organization’s mission. The ideal candidate has exposure to a cloud based accounting system and at least 3 years of accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create, prepare and review journal entries for accuracy, completeness and compliance with company policies and accounting regulations.
- Assist in the posting to and maintenance of general ledger accounts and applicable schedules.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable cycle to include the review and posting of invoices from vendors for payment weekly.
- Vendor reconciliations.
- Review of wires, ACHs, and other electronic funds transfers transactions using various online banking systems for payment.
- Accounts Receivable entry review and reconciliation.
- Oversee the maintenance of customer and vendor records.
- Assist in managing the month end close process.
- Assist with annual audit and preparation of financial documents as needed.
- Preparation of annual 1099s.
- File records (electronically and physically) associated with accounting transactions.
- Ad hoc projects as needed.
Key performance indicators:
- Accurate and timely review and recording of transactions in the GL.
- Accurate and timely reconciliation of accounts.
- Compliance to organizational policies.
The Staff Accountant will be a dynamic high-energy professional with education in and professional experience with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. Experience with Intacct or other cloud-based accounting software is preferred.
The candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 3 years of accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit environment;
- Exposure to a cloud based accounting system;
- Ability to complete accounting transactions accurately and on a timely basis;
- Experience with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable preferred;
- A passion for Evidence Action’s core values, mission, and programs;
- Eagerness to learn and develop professionally;