Home Page Panel
J-PAL’s Government Partnership Initiative shares insights on how governments are building a culture of using data and evidence in policymaking and about how J-PAL and other evidence-to-practice organizations can best support them in these efforts.
J-PAL affiliated professor Manisha Shah (University of California, Los Angeles) studies interventions that seek to slow the transmission of HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections. Learn more about her research and her experiences as a development economist, from conducting surveys in bars and brothels to learning to balance work with raising young children.
Can facilitating relationships between small- and medium-sized businesses help them grow? In Jiangxi Province, China, researchers conducted a randomized evaluation to study the impact of business relationships on firm performance. Monthly meetings among firms increased sales, profits, and other business outcomes, mainly by facilitating learning and partnership development.
At J-PAL, we often talk about the importance of using evidence to design and implement effective policies and programs, and many governments are working to make it a priority. But what does this look like in practice? How can we best support governments in finding and applying the evidence they need to make informed decisions?
896 evaluaciones en curso y terminados en 80 países
Using evidence to inform policy: Read examples from India and Zambia in our recent post on the Government Partnersh… https://t.co/nfLwvxhupc
"Better Governing Through Science": @MIT_Spectrum discusses J-PAL's Government Partnership Initiative… https://t.co/3GeM8Kayc1
Want to download data from 1,500 social science RCTs? Visit our advanced search page and click on the orange paper… https://t.co/WB1Jbs8Jdx
Join us this morning to learn how you can take classes through the #MicroMasters in Data, Economics, & Development… ...
Join us tomorrow for a webinar to learn more about the #MicroMasters in Data, Economics, & Development Policy! Regi… ...
- Want to download data from 1,500 social science RCTs? Visit our advanced search page and click on the orange paper icon next to the RSS feed: j-p.al/2EtTyOJ 20 hours 59 min ago.
- Sign up now for tomorrow's webinar to learn about the MicroMasters in Data, Economics, & Development Policy! goo.gl/qxqycc 2 days 24 min ago.
- How can we address publication bias with study registration? Read more on the J-PAL blog: j-p.al/2ELfjZI #ResearchTransparency 4 days 19 hours ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) compartió su publicación. Sign up for our MicroMasters webinar - space is limited! 6 days 48 min ago.
- Looking to advance your career? Curious about whether the MicroMasters in Data, Econ, and Development Policy is right for you? Join us for a live webinar next Tuesday, 2/20 at 10:00am ET to learn more about the program and ask your questions! Register now - and tag a friend below: https://j-p.al/2EtvDec. 6 days 20 hours ago.