Home Page Panel
In J-PAL and MIT Economics’ latest “Data, Decisions, Public Policy” talk on May 18, J-PAL affiliate David Autor (MIT) presented his research on the impacts of China’s rise on the United States. The areas of the US hardest hit by related job losses—the South, the Northeast, and the Great Lakes region—have also seen shifts to more divisive politics, Autor said.
How can we increase profits and improve livelihoods for 500 million smallholder farming households around the world—the most common occupation for people living under US$2 a day?
GiveDirectly has expanded its cash transfer program, which was found in a randomized evaluation to have improved economic and psychological well-being in Kenya, to reach over 60,000 households in rural Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda since 2013.
A new policy bulletin produced by J-PAL North America reviews results from seventeen evaluations in the United States that used admissions lotteries to study the impact of charter schools on student test scores and other outcomes.
842 evaluaciones en curso y terminados en 80 países
.@JPAL_SA's Gautam Patel in @scroll_in -...
J-PAL Southeast Asia is hiring a Jakarta-based Grant & Finance Manager: https://t.co/V9kOewxyGP https://t.co/9MpQvx4JhZ
No time to sort through 800+ randomized evaluations? We've summarized key policy lessons for you: https://t.co/We95C7ThF7
Looking for #evidence on what works? Search our database of more than 800 randomized evaluations in 80+ countries:… https://t...
RT @FSNnetwork: Join us & @JPAL_Global...
- Q: Will I be able to interact with other learners and staff in the MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy? A: We're working hard to build our MicroMasters portal into a vibrant, interactive, and collaborative space that connects you with learners from all over the globe and allows you to interact with some of the best development economists in the world. Some of these features are already available, and more will be coming soon. Learn more and register by July 3: https://micromasters.mit.edu/dedp/frequently-asked-questions/ 3 days 12 hours ago.
- Q: I have no prior experience in economics, statistics, or programming. Can I still enroll in the MITx online MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy? A: Yes, you can! We welcome learners from all fields and backgrounds. There are no formal prerequisites: anyone who wants to enroll, can. Learn more and register by July 3: https://micromasters.mit.edu/dedp/frequently-asked-questions/ 5 days 8 hours ago.
- Read the latest J-PAL Bulletin on methods for reducing criminal behavior among at-risk youth: https://www.povertyactionlab.org/sites/default/files/publications/practicing-choices-preventing-crime.pdf 6 days 14 hours ago.
- MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy current student based in India shares his experience: https://j-p.al/2rmGhw8 1 week 6 days ago.
- Generalizability, cognitive behavioral therapy, government partnerships, and more in the latest J-PAL Newsletter: https://j-p.al/2sPdSzZ 2 weeks 3 days ago.