Home Page Panel
Across a range of programs, interventions that successfully changed the calculus of costs and benefits of unprotected sexual activity and childbirth delayed pregnancy among adolescents. Some programs directly altered costs and benefits while others shifted perceptions of them.
What have we learned from randomized evaluations that policymakers, practitioners, and funders can use to improve social programs? J-PAL’s library of short briefs called Policy Insights highlight lessons emerging across multiple studies and the mechanisms that help explain the results.
Starting in the summer of 2018, ReACT Hub, an MIT initiative that designs and deploys new learning opportunities for displaced populations, will sponsor a cohort of refugees to join the MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy, providing selected learners with access to scholarships for the five courses, remote work with paid internships, and in-person skill-building workshops.
Billions of dollars in government funds go missing each year due to corruption, but there is limited consensus on how best to tackle this global challenge. Researchers leveraged data from Brazil’s long-standing anticorruption program, which holds public lotteries to randomly select municipalities for audit. These government audits, aimed at uncovering the misuse of public resources, reduced corruption by promoting both electoral and judicial accountability.
927 evaluaciones en curso y terminados en 81 países
RT @EPoDHarvard: In a new piece for @vox_dev...
New up on the J-PAL blog, from Lauren at @mit_react - "Opening doors for refugee learners": https://t.co/fmeOpbv469
The new @MIT Master’s in Data, Econ, & Development Policy is democratizing access to higher ed - applicants can sig… https://t.co/...
RT @claudferraz: Important collaborations between...
The latest in our Teaching at the Right Level webinar series from J-PAL and @Pratham_India is coming up on Tuesday,… https://t.co/...
- Are you one of the 119 credential holders of the J-PAL/MITx MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy? Applications are now open for MIT's new blended online and in-person full master's program! No prior degree or GRE test needed. Learn more at j-p.al/datae625c9. 2 days 6 hours ago.
- The latest in our Teaching at the Right Level webinar series from J-PAL and Pratham is coming up on Tuesday, Dec. 11. Learn how TaRL is adapted to new contexts - register now! https://j-p.al/teach02b4a 2 days 7 hours ago.
- Learners who earn a J-PAL/MITx online MicroMasters credential in Data, Economics, and Development Policy are now eligible to apply for @MITEcon's new blended online and in-person master's degree program! No GRE or GMAT tests needed. More details at https://j-p.al/datae625c9. 5 days 13 hours ago.
- Looking for a new job? Want to learn more about what it's like to work at a mission-driven organization fighting poverty in the United States? Join J-PAL North America staff for a jobs webinar this Friday at 4:00 PM ET. Register and see our full list of open positions: https://j-p.al/jpaln88686. 1 week 3 days ago.
- J-PAL's annual recruitment drive is *now open*! We're hiring for more than 100 positions at all levels in research, policy, training, and more. Learn more at https://j-p.al/recruit1a3. Come join us! 1 week 3 days ago.