Home Page Panel
Researchers re-examined data from previous studies in Ghana, India, and Sri Lanka to better understand the impact of credit and cash grant variations on micro-enterprise profits. Their results suggest that the gender gap in micro-enterprise performance was not due to ability, but rather to women’s financial resources often being redirected to their husbands’ businesses.
J-PAL and MIT recently announced the launch of a full master’s degree program in Data, Economics, and Development Policy that combines online learning and one semester of residential instruction at MIT. The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation will be sponsoring scholarship opportunities for seven learners from sub-Saharan Africa to attend this program.
Cosechando la Lluvia: Evidencia Experimental de la Implementación de Cisternas en el Nordeste de Brasil
Distributing water cisterns in northeast Brazil led to fewer requests for private benefits from local politicians and fewer votes for incumbent mayors, who typically have more resources to engage in clientelism. Marco Gonzalez-Navarro and J-PAL's Latin America & Caribbean office are now working with the Climate Policy Initiative to support the Ministry of Social Development to design and implement an evaluation of the second deployment of cisterns.
Increasing migration has placed unprecedented demands on local food systems. Coupled with climate change, which continues to alter rain patterns and agricultural production, these global challenges are expected to exacerbate food insecurity in the coming century.
873 evaluaciones en curso y terminados en 80 países
Meet Simone Schaner, assistant professor at @dartmouth...
Congratulations @JPAL_SA for 10 years of excellence in research and policy impact! Check out some of what the team… https://t.co/...
Interested in applying for a job at J-PAL? Join us this Friday 12/15 at 10am ET for an interactive webinar with our… https://t.co/tc6JmUfvct
RT @HarrisPolicy: Prof. @cblatts...
Welcome to Twitter @rema_nadeem! Rema is scientific director of...
- Interested in applying for a job at J-PAL? Join us this Friday 12/15 at 10am ET for an interactive webinar with our research, policy, and HR staff. Learn more about working at J-PAL and the application process! Register at https://j-p.al/2yi2YFp. 40 min 12 sec ago.
- Do you have an econ master's or PhD? Are you looking for a new challenge? Join our team as a Research Manager at J-PAL Global in Cambridge, MA: https://j-p.al/2AKLnJ0. Please tag a friend who might be interested! 1 day 5 hours ago.
- Are you on Twitter? Make sure you're following us there - or, better yet, follow our affiliated researchers! https://twitter.com/JPAL_Global/lists/j-pal-affiliates/members 2 days 22 min ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) compartió su video en vivo. Watch Pascaline Dupas speak live in our latest Data, Decisions, Public Policy talk! 4 days 11 hours ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) transmitió en vivo. Live Webcast 4 days 11 hours ago.