J‑PAL Sudeste de Asia
J-PAL Southeast Asia, based at the University of Indonesia, leads J-PAL’s work in the Southeast Asia region. J-PAL Southeast Asia conducts randomized evaluations, builds partnerships for evidence-informed policymaking, and helps partners scale up effective programs.
Our work spans a wide range of sectors, including social welfare, migration, health, good governance, and financial inclusion. We conduct capacity building activities for policymakers, researchers, and academics seeking to learn and apply rigorous impact evaluation, and work with central and local governments to help build a culture of evidence-informed decision-making in the region.
In Indonesia, researchers are conducting a randomized evaluation of the Transparency for Development (T4D) program. Equipped with a community scorecard that details local health problems and barriers to receiving healthcare, community activists will formulate and undertake social actions to address these barriers to accessing high-quality maternal and neonatal healthcare.
Research by Abhijit Banerjee, Rema Hanna, Jordan Kyle, Ben Olken, and Sudarno Sumarto finds that distributing a simple card explaining a government aid program leads to poor villagers in Indonesia receiving more of the subsidized rice they are entitled to.
J-PAL Southeast Asia Executive Director Lina Marliani shares examples from J-PAL affiliated researchers’ work to highlight how randomized evaluations can be used to inform open governance programs.
Researchers conducted a randomized evaluation with the Indonesian government that compared self-targeting to automatic screening in the context of a conditional cash transfer program. Requiring households to apply for a cash transfer program in Indonesia discouraged rich households from seeking out benefits and identified a relatively poorer group of beneficiaries.
Existen 50 evaluaciones aleatorizadas, finalizadas o en curso, implementadas en 11 países de El Sudeste De Asia.
Join us in our seminar! Our research affiliates together with researchers from @tnp2k will present their findings o… https://t.co/WT48bsWVRw...
Join us in our seminar! Where our affiliated researchers together with researchers from @tnp2k will present their f… https://t.co/H1TeVJwptK...
Bergabunglah dalam acara seminar kami! Para peneliti terafiliasi J-PAL bersama dengan peneliti @tnp2k akan memprese… https://t.co/YOE7Z7WzRr...
Researchers: Nur Cahyadi, @rema_nadeem, Benjamin Olken,...
Para peneliti: Nur Cahyadi, @rema_nadeem, Benjamin Olken,...
- It's not too late to sign up for one of this semester's online courses - like Data Analysis for Social Scientists, which introduces learners to the essential notions of probability and statistics, as well as modern techniques in data analysis. Learn more and enroll at https://www.edx.org/course/data-analysis-for-social-scientists-1! 3 days 23 hours ago.
- Are you a fundraising whiz looking to join a top-notch team - and apply your talents to evidence-backed social change? Apply now for our Development Officer/Senior Officer position at our head office in Cambridge, MA: https://j-p.al/8363c. 6 days 1 hour ago.
- J-PAL affiliate Jeanne Lafortune invites us to learn more about J-PAL LAC and PUC Chile's Diploma in Impact Evaluation of Public Policy and Social Programs. This new version is in executive format - only 8 weekends during the year! More info at j-p.al/diplomado Nuestra afiliada Jeanne Lafortune nos invita a conocer más sobre el Diplomado en Evaluación de Impacto de Programas y Políticas Públicas de J-PAL LAC y la PUC Chile. Esta nueva versión es en formato ejecutivo ¡Son solo 8 fines de semana al año! Más información en j-p.al/diplomado 1 week 2 days ago.
- The J-PAL newsletter comes out this week! Want to be in the loop? Sign up here: povertyactionlab.org/subscribe. 1 week 5 days ago.
- Interested in gaining new skills to build your career? The next semester of the online MITx MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy starts next week. Enroll now! micromasters.mit.edu/dedp/ 2 weeks 2 days ago.