Evaluation Officer - Universidad del Sagrado Corazón
The Evaluation Officer for Evaluation Research Projects will play a key role in a research practice partnership led by a team of researchers at the University of Toronto, in collaboration with the Universidad del Sagrado Corazón (Sagrado) and the Puerto Rico Department of Education (PRDE). We are seeking to hire an Evaluation Officer to serve as liaison between the Research Team and PRDE. The Evaluation Officer will assist in the development of several ongoing research and evaluation initiatives, while receiving mentorship, training and support from the Research Team.
Working closely with researchers and policymakers, the Evaluation Officer will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating data sharing and collection, monitoring research project execution, managing relationships across project partners, and supporting research implementation efforts. As the research team is mostly remote, the Evaluation Officer will be the on-the-ground staff ensuring the planned evaluation successfully launches and will play a key role as primary liaison between the research team and the data collection and program implementation activities.
The position is located in San Juan, Puerto Rico and will be an employee of the Universidad del Sagrado Corazón. While the position will have an office at the university, it is expected that the position will spend a considerable amount of time on site at PRDE, which may assign office space for the project. The individual will have an opportunity to work with Gustavo J. Bobonis, Professor of Economics at the University of Toronto, as well as evaluation staff at J-PAL North America based at MIT and the PRDE.
- A master’s degree or higher in a relevant field (education policy, public policy, economics, etc.).
- At least one year of relevant work experience, demonstrated expertise in program evaluation methodologies, and an understanding of common quantitative and analytical challenges, two years is preferred.
- Demonstrated passion for improving public service performance and solving social problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Spanish and English, including policy memos, slide decks, and public speaking.
- Exceptional project management capabilities and creativity in problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to use project management tools and software (e.g., Dropbox, G-Suite)
- Record of accomplishment of adeptly navigating complex organizations and building relationships among diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Flexibility to successfully adapt and respond to changing circumstances, demands and expectations from stakeholders.
- Graduate-level training in public policy, business, law, economics, or related fields is highly preferred.
- Self-motivated with an orientation towards results over process.
- Willingness to learn, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task are critical.
- Authorization to work in the United States for two years.
- An understanding of data analysis is preferred.
- Coordinate efforts between the Research Team and PRDE to identify and assess promising, high-priority issue areas for projects.
- Coordinate project development and implementation planning across government agencies and community stakeholders.
- Provide ongoing project management support as needed on randomized evaluations run in partnership with the PRDE.
- Conduct data analyses and review research literature to inform projects.
- Support the design and documentation of a rigorous project evaluation methodology.
- Assist with community outreach and communication efforts to disseminate research findings and project results.
- Provide technical assistance to the PRDE in the creation of a Policy Research and Evaluation Unit that will lead the efforts to structure a process to develop actionable research.
How to Apply
Create a single PDF with the filename “Firstname_Lastname_PREvaluationOfficer” that includes:
a. One page cover letter addressed to the Project Research Team which explains why you are interested in and qualified for this position;
b. Curriculum vitae or resume (no more than 2 pages);
c. Transcripts of your undergraduate and graduate courses (unofficial transcripts accepted)
E-mail the PDF to [email protected]
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)