Home Page Panel
In our interview with Christopher Neilson (Princeton University), he describes his research interest in applications of technology to close information gaps to reduce poverty. “I think in the future, we will see artificial intelligence ‘personal assistants’ helping humans make better choices... I am hopeful that leveling the information playing field would make society more meritocratic and generate more social mobility.”
The new Gender sector represents J-PAL’s commitment to further expand the base of policy-relevant evidence to reduce poverty and gender inequality. Chaired by Seema Jayachandran (Northwestern University), the Gender sector will examine a range of issues important to citizens, policymakers, and practitioners around the world.
While past approaches to helping students transition to college have focused on increasing financial aid, the college application process itself presents a barrier to college access. J-PAL's new policy bulletin summarizes five randomized evaluations of interventions designed to improve college access and persistence in the United States and Canada and one randomized evaluation of the influence of social norms on academic decisions.
J-PAL affiliated professor Manisha Shah (University of California, Los Angeles) studies interventions that seek to slow the transmission of HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections. Learn more about her research and her experiences as a development economist, from conducting surveys in bars and brothels to learning to balance work with raising young children.
902 évaluations en cours ou achevées dans 79 pays
RT @EPoDHarvard: Rohini Pande & @...
We're hiring a Policy and Research Associate to work with our Executive Director at our Global office in Boston. Kn… https://t.co/x7HJROCOIA
RT @claudferraz: Building a culture of evidence through an open online MOOC in Brasil partnership...
We're co-hosting @IGLglobal's #...
Want to learn how to apply more rigorous impact evaluation to your work? Sunday (tmrw!) is the last day to register… https://t.co/9atrDKFPtn
- We're hiring a Policy and Research Associate to work with our Executive Director at our Global office in Boston. Know any talented recent grads? Please share! More info at j-p.al/2voy8OZ. 19 hours 52 min ago.
- Are you designing or implementing a youth employment program in Latin America? Learn how to use impact evaluations to test and improve program effectiveness in our new Spanish-language incubator course in Santiago: https://j-p.al/2v8L6Aw. 5 days 23 hours ago.
- Ed tech competition, research on summer jobs and crime, and more. Catch up on the latest J-PAL newsletter: j-p.al/2HgyGcg 1 week 5 days ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) a partagé sa vidéo en direct. Starting now: GiveWell's Elie Hassenfeld on making donor dollars count - watch via Facebook Live below! 2 weeks 22 hours ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) était en direct. Making Donor Dollars Count: GiveWell's Approach to Selecting Charities: As a nonprofit that conducts in-depth research to determine how much good a given program accomplishes (e.g. lives improved) per dollar spent, GiveWell is dedicated to identifying outstanding giving opportunities and publishing the full details of their analysis to help donors decide where to give. 2 weeks 22 hours ago.