Home Page Panel
A new policy bulletin produced by J-PAL North America reviews results from seventeen evaluations in the United States that used admissions lotteries to study the impact of charter schools on student test scores and other outcomes.
Applications are open for J-PAL's Executive Education course, hosted in three countries around the world this summer. This five-day course provides participants with a thorough understanding of randomized evaluations and pragmatic step-by-step guidance on conducting one’s own evaluation.
This year’s theme for World Malaria Day is “End Malaria for Good”—a theme that reflects the tremendous progress that has been made since 2000 in reducing the incidence of the disease, as well as a recognition that challenges remain. Much of the success in lowering the incidence for malaria has...
In our latest D2P2: Data. Decisions. Public Policy. lecture, J-PAL Director Abhijit Banerjee discussed demonetization in India and whether bad economics became good politics. Watch the full lecture video and register for our next event on world trade with David Autor (MIT).
837 évaluations en cours ou achevées dans 80 pays
J-PAL co-founder Esther Duflo receives @MITxonedX Prize for Teaching and Learning in...
RT @tukopamoja: A 4 Step Framework for Taking Evidence from Place to Place
My reactions to...
.@RunningREs & @MaryAnnMBates in...
RT @SallyLHudson: Terrific piece on blending rigorous evidence + local context --- a constant question for practitioners.… https://t....
RT @dinapomeranz: Great opportunity do get an excellent education in development economics at a low cost and from anywhere in the wor…...
- New paper - J-PAL's Rachel Glennerster and Mary Ann Bates discuss "The Generalizability Puzzle": How to adapt evidence to local contexts. https://j-p.al/2qgtLib 15 hours 28 min ago.
- New research on: -Energy efficiency programs -Cognitive behavioral therapy -Job training & more in the latest J-PAL Research Newsletter https://j-p.al/2rwtOtK 1 day 13 hours ago.
- Why use randomized controlled trials to evaluate the impact of social programs? Check out this video from J-PAL North America; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxqw2Pgm7s8 2 days 22 hours ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) était en direct. The China Shock: The D2P2 Lectures feature leading academics and other experts who share knowledge derived from modern applied economics research to demonstrate how it can inform better public policy decision-making. Speakers will discuss their groundbreaking research and practice, and how it can be applied to improve people’s lives. 6 days 18 hours ago.
- *Today* - Don't miss J-PAL affiliated professor David Autor on trade, inequality, and China's role in America's future. Join us in person in Cambridge, MA on the MIT campus, Building 3, Room 270 at 4:00 pm. (Not in the Boston area? View on Facebook Live right here starting at 4pm ET.) 6 days 20 hours ago.