The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
The rapid growth in use of edtech has outpaced rigorous research on its effectiveness. To help understand how different technologies affect student learning, a new review paper examines evidence across several areas of education technology.
Travel with our team to India and Kenya to see first-hand how rigorous health research is conducted in the field. This free nine-week online course explores the fundamentals of field-based health research through immersive, documentary-style learning. Sign up by September 18.
In India, a biometrically authenticated payment system reduced corruption and substantially improved the delivery of government social assistance programs despite partial implementation.
Summer employment programs serve thousands of disadvantaged young people across the United States each year. A growing body of evidence, including a number of evaluations by several J-PAL affiliates, shows that these programs can lower violent crime rates among youth.
855 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 80 countries
Why enroll in our online MicroMasters program? Hear from current students around the world: https://t.co/w9jjpacLEy
The next semester of our online MicroMasters in Data, Economics, & Dev. Policy starts Tues 9/26! Don't miss out: https://t.co/9VqdLA5oxQ
The govt of Andhra Pradesh launched a biometric system for social service payments to citizens. What happened? https://t.co/emGTCQk2PU
In case you missed it: J-PAL affiliates on the ethics of basic income research in @NPR - https://t.co/B3Q6GECGnC
Thurs 9/28: Marianne Bertrand on income inequality in the US, and trends revealed by a machine learning algorithm: https://t.co/UY4koBdcUV
- Our newest free open online course, Measuring Health Outcomes in Field Surveys, starts this week! Learn the basics of impact evaluation in the health sector, following our instructors as they travel to India and Kenya to gather data and interview project participants. Don't miss out - enroll now: https://www.edx.org/course/measuring-health-outcomes-field-surveys-mitx-jpal350x-0 4 hours 16 sec ago.
- Did you miss our September eNews? Read it here: https://j-p.al/2h4Kz8l (& sign up at https://www.povertyactionlab.org/subscribe)! 4 days 3 hours ago.
- Attention Spanish-speaking followers: Interested in staying up to date on the latest trends in impact evaluation for public policy? Registration has opened for our new in-person Advanced Course on Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Methods. The course will take place in Buenos Aires, Argentina from November 21-24, 2017. To register and learn more, visit: https://j-p.al/2xBAb2F. 5 days 4 hours ago.
- Starting next Monday: Our newest free online course, Measuring Health Outcomes in Field Surveys. Enroll now! https://j-p.al/2x0u3he 6 days 6 hours ago.
- Did you get the J-PAL newsletter today? If not, you're missing out! Subscribe here: https://j-p.al/2pyPnpX 1 week 5 days ago.