J-PAL Partner Deworm the World Featured at World Economic Forum in Davos
Deworm the World will be featured on Friday the 27th of January at a World Economic Forum event in Davos. This press conference will feature exciting new commitments from partners to improve the lives of millions of children through school-based deworming.
Watch the live stream at the World Economic Forum at 1pm CET / 12pm GMT/ 7am EST at http://wef.ch/live.
A YGL Initiative: Deworm the World
Friday 27 January 13:00 - 13:30 CET
Congress Centre, Press Conference Room
The Deworm the World initiative of the World Economic Forum's Young Global Leaders improves the education and health of school-age children across the globe by supporting governments and development partners to expand school-based deworming programs. Building on its success in Kenya and India, plans will be presented to expand the initiative to other countries.
The session will include:
· Raila Amolo Odinga, Prime Minister of Kenya
· Rajiv J. Shah, Administrator, US Agency for International Development (USAID), USA
· Jamie Cooper-Hohn, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Children's Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), United Kingdom
· John Dutton, Deputy Head, Forum of Young Global Leaders, World Economic Forum, Switzerland
· Sriram Raghavan, Chief Executive Officer, InKlude Labs, India; Young Global Leader; and Deworm the World Board Member
· Kai Bucher, Associate Director, Media, World Economic Forum, USA