The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
Reshaping Adolescents’ Gender Attitudes: Encouraging Students to Discuss Gender Equality in the Classroom
A series of interactive classroom discussions about gender equality over two and a half years increased students’ support for gender equality and led students to enact more gender-equitable behavior in the state of Haryana, India.
Around the world, vast amounts of data are now being digitally collected or stored, which creates tremendous opportunities to transform lives through better social policies. Using these data sets in creative and innovative ways to evaluate programs and therefore improve outcomes is a vital step toward making significant progress in the fight against poverty worldwide.
In Uganda, an incentivized community health promoter program increased health care access, knowledge, and health-promoting behaviors among households, leading to a 27 percent reduction in child mortality.
957 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 81 countries
Researchers in Kyoto, Japan tested two programs to reduce electricity use during peak hours: price increases, and t… https://t.co/WbKeYUKXUy
RT @JPAL_Africa: This week, J-PAL Africa's DigiFI Africa team is excited to be at...
Many workers have jobs w/ insufficient benefits, lack access to jobs that pay living wages, or lack skills to progr… https://t.co/uxUKHcuhnQ
Our latest Policy Insight finds that offering savings products to smallholder farmers did not transform agricultura… https://t.co/2T4EZWUWFm
The next run of our flagship online course starts July 1! J-PAL 101x provides pragmatic step-by-step training for c… https://t.co/tAW79epP49
- At J-PAL, we have hundreds of young, motivated team members hard at work every day leading survey teams in the field, meeting and strategizing with policymakers, speaking at conferences, leading trainings, keeping our offices running smoothly - the list goes on. What do these brilliant people go on to do after J-PAL? Read our latest alumni spotlight: https://j-p.al/04dc3 12 hours 33 min ago.
- Our free online course, J-PAL 101x, provides practical step-by-step training for conducting your own high-quality impact evaluations. The next run starts July 2 - don't miss out! Sign up now at https://j-p.al/10481. (Did we mention it's free?) 1 week 11 hours ago.
- Looking to build your impact evaluation skills? Enroll now in our *free* online course, Evaluating Social Programs, starting July 2! https://j-p.al/10481 1 week 3 days ago.
- Our Exec. Director @iqbaldhali spoke to leaders in philanthropy this week about using evidence to make smart decisions about where to invest. Read Iqbal's latest blog post on a new J-PAL initiative to help further inform decision-making through #bigdata: j-p.al/82a2a 1 week 5 days ago.
- Our team is excited to welcome leaders from govt, nonprofits, and the private sector to our 2019 Evaluation Social Programs executive education course in Cambridge (US) today! Learn more and see upcoming trainings around the world at https://j-p.al/events. 2 weeks 8 hours ago.