The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
J-PAL’s newest research resource, A Practical Guide to Measuring Women's and Girls’ Empowerment in Impact Evaluations, gathers insights from the experiences of J-PAL affiliated researchers around the world and offers practical tips for how to measure women's and girls’ empowerment in impact evaluations.
Across a range of programs, interventions that successfully changed the calculus of costs and benefits of unprotected sexual activity and childbirth delayed pregnancy among adolescents. Some programs directly altered costs and benefits while others shifted perceptions of them.
941 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 81 countries
RT @adathan: Check out this belated...
RT @EducateOrg: Educate! Monitoring & Evaluation Director, Meghan Mahoney (...
Our #education team is at...
Rigorous impact evaluations can reveal important and nuanced program effects. In #Zambia, results from a study on f… https://t....
How can city governments use impact evaluations to inform policy decisions? Read our interview with Henry Fitts, Di… https://t.co/Vaige2PEjx
- How can city governments use impact evaluations to inform policy decisions? Read our interview with Henry Fitts, Director of Innovation for the City of Rochester, New York: j-p.al/a8cd5. 1 day 16 hours ago.
- *Application closing in two weeks* Are you a development professional interested in understanding and measuring program impact? Join us in New Delhi from July 1-5 for the South Asia edition of Evaluating Social Programs, where you will gain a thorough understanding of randomized evaluations and receive step-by-step training on when and how to conduct an evaluation. Apply by April 30! https://j-p.al/sa-exec2019 1 day 21 hours ago.
- Today's the *last day* to apply for the 2019 US edition of Evaluating Social Programs, our five-day executive education course. Learn practical impact evaluation methods & apply learnings to your own programs - more at https://j-p.al/US-ExecEd-19 & sample agenda below. Join us! 5 days 21 hours ago.
- 1 in 10 people in the world today are illiterate. This program teaches people to read in as little as 50 days. 6 days 16 hours ago.
- We're hiring in Cairo to expand our research and policy work to reduce poverty in the MENA region - lots of new projects being launched! See open research and finance positions at https://j-p.al/5c781. Please share, and tag others who may be interested! 1 week 1 day ago.