The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
957 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 81 countries
Researchers in Kyoto, Japan tested two programs to reduce electricity use during peak hours: price increases, and t… https://t.co/WbKeYUKXUy
RT @JPAL_Africa: This week, J-PAL Africa's DigiFI Africa team is excited to be at...
Many workers have jobs w/ insufficient benefits, lack access to jobs that pay living wages, or lack skills to progr… https://t.co/uxUKHcuhnQ
Our latest Policy Insight finds that offering savings products to smallholder farmers did not transform agricultura… https://t.co/2T4EZWUWFm
The next run of our flagship online course starts July 1! J-PAL 101x provides pragmatic step-by-step training for c… https://t.co/tAW79epP49
- A new study from J-PAL affiliate Frank Schilbach with rickshaw drivers in Chennai, India shows that incentives to reduce daytime alcohol consumption leads to changes in drivers' spending habits - and more savings. Read more over at MIT News: http://news.mit.edu/2019/india-working-poor-sobriety-savings-0621 4 hours 40 min ago.
- At J-PAL, we have hundreds of young, motivated team members hard at work every day leading survey teams in the field, meeting and strategizing with policymakers, speaking at conferences, leading trainings, keeping our offices running smoothly - the list goes on. What do these brilliant people go on to do after J-PAL? Read our latest alumni spotlight: https://j-p.al/04dc3 2 days 11 hours ago.
- Our free online course, J-PAL 101x, provides practical step-by-step training for conducting your own high-quality impact evaluations. The next run starts July 2 - don't miss out! Sign up now at https://j-p.al/10481. (Did we mention it's free?) 1 week 2 days ago.
- Looking to build your impact evaluation skills? Enroll now in our *free* online course, Evaluating Social Programs, starting July 2! https://j-p.al/10481 1 week 5 days ago.
- Our Exec. Director @iqbaldhali spoke to leaders in philanthropy this week about using evidence to make smart decisions about where to invest. Read Iqbal's latest blog post on a new J-PAL initiative to help further inform decision-making through #bigdata: j-p.al/82a2a 2 weeks 9 hours ago.
In the next installment of our Alumni Spotlight series, we speak with Olawunmi Ola-Busari, a former Policy Associate at J-PAL Africa. Olawunmi joined J-PAL Africa right after graduating college and spent three years building the office’s presence in the region. Now a graduate student in the Georgetown School of Foreign Service’s Global Human Development program, she reflects on her path to international development, the experience of being a policy associate, and the transition back to graduate school.
5 days 20 hours ago
This guest post is authored by Alexander Bartik of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Bryan Stuart of George Washington University. Automation, rising inequality between high- and low...
2 weeks 20 hours ago
In the first of our new, in-depth Affiliate Spotlight series, we profile Paul Niehaus—a nonprofit executive, fintech start-up co-founder, and professor of economics at the University of California, San Diego.
3 weeks 2 days ago
Affiliate spotlight: Will Dobbie on conducting randomized evaluations to reduce inequalities in the United States
Will Dobbie is a J-PAL affiliate and an assistant professor of economics and public affairs at Princeton University. He is a recipient of a 2019 Sloan Research Fellowship, awarded to “early-career...
1 month 2 weeks ago
We are excited to announce J-PAL’s new Innovations in Data and Experiments for Action (IDEA) Initiative . IDEA’s mission is to support governments, firms, and non-profits (“data providers”) who want...
1 month 2 weeks ago