The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
Iqbal Dhaliwal is the new executive director of J-PAL, succeeding Rachel Glennerster, who has joined DFID as its chief economist. Earlier Iqbal was deputy executive director, and prior to that, founding director of J-PAL's policy group. Learn more about Iqbal's background and vision for J-PAL's future in our Q&A.
Although coverage rates and health outcomes are improving, many poor people around the world still do not benefit from essential health products. What factors limit the flow of products from the producer’s laboratory bench to the end users, and what can be done about it?
The UK Department for International Development (DFID) jointly awarded J-PAL and Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) a US$16 million grant to generate new research on effective policies to promote peace and good governance, reduce crime, and support communities recovering from conflict, including a project on earthquake resettlement in Nepal.
In November, J-PAL Director Abhijit Banerjee delivered a public lecture at the American University in Cairo as part of J-PAL’s broader efforts to engage policymakers in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Watch the full video and learn more about J-PAL's work in the region.
896 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 80 countries
Using evidence to inform policy: Read examples from India and Zambia in our recent post on the Government Partnersh… https://t.co/nfLwvxhupc
"Better Governing Through Science": @MIT_Spectrum discusses J-PAL's Government Partnership Initiative… https://t.co/3GeM8Kayc1
Want to download data from 1,500 social science RCTs? Visit our advanced search page and click on the orange paper… https://t.co/WB1Jbs8Jdx
Join us this morning to learn how you can take classes through the #MicroMasters in Data, Economics, & Development… ...
Join us tomorrow for a webinar to learn more about the #MicroMasters in Data, Economics, & Development Policy! Regi… ...
- Want to download data from 1,500 social science RCTs? Visit our advanced search page and click on the orange paper icon next to the RSS feed: j-p.al/2EtTyOJ 20 hours 59 min ago.
- Sign up now for tomorrow's webinar to learn about the MicroMasters in Data, Economics, & Development Policy! goo.gl/qxqycc 2 days 24 min ago.
- How can we address publication bias with study registration? Read more on the J-PAL blog: j-p.al/2ELfjZI #ResearchTransparency 4 days 19 hours ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) shared their post. Sign up for our MicroMasters webinar - space is limited! 6 days 48 min ago.
- Looking to advance your career? Curious about whether the MicroMasters in Data, Econ, and Development Policy is right for you? Join us for a live webinar next Tuesday, 2/20 at 10:00am ET to learn more about the program and ask your questions! Register now - and tag a friend below: https://j-p.al/2EtvDec. 6 days 20 hours ago.