The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
J-PAL’s newest research resource, A Practical Guide to Measuring Women's and Girls’ Empowerment in Impact Evaluations, gathers insights from the experiences of J-PAL affiliated researchers around the world and offers practical tips for how to measure women's and girls’ empowerment in impact evaluations.
Across a range of programs, interventions that successfully changed the calculus of costs and benefits of unprotected sexual activity and childbirth delayed pregnancy among adolescents. Some programs directly altered costs and benefits while others shifted perceptions of them.
946 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 81 countries
RT @JPAL_NA: Congratulations to J-PAL affiliate Will Dobbie for his recognition as a 2019...
Trying to improve impact evaluation practices at your organization? Apply now for our one-week Executive Education… https://t.co/SoXblODfGr
What are the key components of a successful randomized evaluation? Apply now for our one-week Executive Education t… https://t.co/2o68m0EjRZ
How do you maintain the quality and integrity of a program after taking it to scale? Join us & @Pratham_India… https://t.co/...
RT @EvidenceAction: What does it look like to turn...
- Know a talented graphic designer based in India interested in mission-driven work? We're hiring! Please share: https://j-p.al/c6212 1 hour 49 min ago.
- It's not too late to sign up for one of this semester's online courses - like Data Analysis for Social Scientists, which introduces learners to the essential notions of probability and statistics, as well as modern techniques in data analysis. Learn more and enroll at https://www.edx.org/course/data-analysis-for-social-scientists-1! 1 week 3 hours ago.
- Are you a fundraising whiz looking to join a top-notch team - and apply your talents to evidence-backed social change? Apply now for our Development Officer/Senior Officer position at our head office in Cambridge, MA: https://j-p.al/8363c. 1 week 2 days ago.
- J-PAL affiliate Jeanne Lafortune invites us to learn more about J-PAL LAC and PUC Chile's Diploma in Impact Evaluation of Public Policy and Social Programs. This new version is in executive format - only 8 weekends during the year! More info at j-p.al/diplomado Nuestra afiliada Jeanne Lafortune nos invita a conocer más sobre el Diplomado en Evaluación de Impacto de Programas y Políticas Públicas de J-PAL LAC y la PUC Chile. Esta nueva versión es en formato ejecutivo ¡Son solo 8 fines de semana al año! Más información en j-p.al/diplomado 1 week 5 days ago.
- The J-PAL newsletter comes out this week! Want to be in the loop? Sign up here: povertyactionlab.org/subscribe. 2 weeks 2 days ago.