Home Page Panel
New Teaching at the Right Level initiative to support over three million primary school students in Africa with evidence-backed approach.
Today we launch an expanded section of our website called Evidence to Policy, which explores how J-PAL affiliated researchers and staff, along with government and NGO partners, have drawn on evidence produced by randomized evaluations to inform policy changes around the world.
If many more women are elected to office, we don’t yet know what impacts such an influx might have on policy decisions and gender norms in US society. However, many J-PAL affiliated researchers have explored this question in India by taking advantage of a naturally occurring experimental design.
What role do policies that affect private sector firms play in closing the productivity gap between higher-income and lower-income countries, and what are the implications of firms’ policies on economic growth and worker welfare?
941 évaluations en cours ou achevées dans 81 pays
RT @adathan: Check out this belated...
RT @EducateOrg: Educate! Monitoring & Evaluation Director, Meghan Mahoney (...
Our #education team is at...
Rigorous impact evaluations can reveal important and nuanced program effects. In #Zambia, results from a study on f… https://t....
How can city governments use impact evaluations to inform policy decisions? Read our interview with Henry Fitts, Di… https://t.co/Vaige2PEjx
- How can city governments use impact evaluations to inform policy decisions? Read our interview with Henry Fitts, Director of Innovation for the City of Rochester, New York: j-p.al/a8cd5. 1 day 17 hours ago.
- *Application closing in two weeks* Are you a development professional interested in understanding and measuring program impact? Join us in New Delhi from July 1-5 for the South Asia edition of Evaluating Social Programs, where you will gain a thorough understanding of randomized evaluations and receive step-by-step training on when and how to conduct an evaluation. Apply by April 30! https://j-p.al/sa-exec2019 1 day 22 hours ago.
- Today's the *last day* to apply for the 2019 US edition of Evaluating Social Programs, our five-day executive education course. Learn practical impact evaluation methods & apply learnings to your own programs - more at https://j-p.al/US-ExecEd-19 & sample agenda below. Join us! 5 days 21 hours ago.
- 1 in 10 people in the world today are illiterate. This program teaches people to read in as little as 50 days. 6 days 17 hours ago.
- We're hiring in Cairo to expand our research and policy work to reduce poverty in the MENA region - lots of new projects being launched! See open research and finance positions at https://j-p.al/5c781. Please share, and tag others who may be interested! 1 week 1 day ago.