J-PAL Africa and IPA Uganda are offering a five-day course on Evaluating Social Programs in Kampala, Uganda from August 6-10, 2018. The course will provide a thorough understanding of randomized evaluations and pragmatic step-by-step training on how to conduct an evaluation. Learn more and apply by June 22.
On September 26-27, J-PAL Africa and Pratham will host a conference in Johannesburg, South Africa on Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL), an evidence-informed approach to teaching basic skills that moulds classroom instruction to a child’s learning level. Learn more and apply to attend.
Electricity access and usage is growing in low- and middle-income countries, including South Africa. However, many households struggle to pay their monthly electricity bills, making it difficult for utilities to sustainably supply them with electricity. Can installing prepaid electricity meters improve revenue recovery?
J-PAL and MIT recently announced the launch of a full master’s degree program in Data, Economics, and Development Policy that combines online learning and one semester of residential instruction at MIT. The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation will be sponsoring scholarship opportunities for seven learners from sub-Saharan Africa to attend this program.
Il y a 277 évaluations aléatoires menées par nos professeurs affiliés dans 28 pays en Afrique.
It’s an ambitious goal: to change the status quo. Yet this is just what Alan Al Yuseef has set out to do. https://t.co/gDAR4JgtaW @...
The next semester of the J-PAL/@MITxonedX MicroMasters in Data, Econ, and Development Policy begins in early Septem… https://t.co/...
RT @EvidenceAction: How do you improve...
In Botswana, a group of staff at @Young1ove enrolled together in The Challenges of Global Poverty, one of the onlin… https://t.co/...
Meet our newest J-PAL affiliates: Sule Alan, @SarahCohodes, Marcel Fafchamps, William Jack,...
- What's it like to take an online course in the MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy? Hear from learners in Botswana: j-p.al/apply19992. 4 days 7 hours ago.
- How can we measure women’s power to make choices that matter to them when we rarely observe decision-making directly? Our new guide gathers insights from diverse disciplines and outlines various approaches to tackle this, and more: https://t.co/tubrKqjCdi 2 weeks 2 days ago.
- How do programs aimed at increasing school participation impact girls and boys differently? Read our Policy Insight: j-p.al/incre5a6a7 2 weeks 4 days ago.
- How do you run an impact evaluation on a program that's already been rolled out nationwide? New post up on the J-PAL blog: https://j-p.al/lowin1167c 3 weeks 2 days ago.
- Interested in working at the intersection of research and policy? Check out J-PAL's job openings around the world: https://j-p.al/careers. 3 weeks 6 days ago.