Teaching at the Right Level Webinar Series: Session 5 - Adapting the TaRL Approach to Different Contexts
The Teaching at the Right Level webinar series will continue with its fifth installment on Tuesday, December 11, at 8:00 AM ET. This session will focus on Adapting the TaRL approach to different contexts. Presenters will discuss how TaRL was adapted for Zambia and Botswana and share their experience adapting Pratham's teaching and learning materials for different contexts.
J-PAL and MIT recently announced the launch of a full master’s degree program in Data, Economics, and Development Policy that combines online learning and one semester of residential instruction at MIT. The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation will be sponsoring scholarship opportunities for seven learners from sub-Saharan Africa to attend this program.
Electricity access and usage is growing in low- and middle-income countries, including South Africa. However, many households struggle to pay their monthly electricity bills, making it difficult for utilities to sustainably supply them with electricity. Can installing prepaid electricity meters improve revenue recovery?
Il y a 278 évaluations aléatoires menées par nos professeurs affiliés dans 28 pays en Afrique.
(2/2) Last week in #Egypt, @...
Last week, @WorldBank in #Cairo...
Our new report, "Creating a Culture of Evidence Use," gives practical guidance for governments in Latin America see… https://t.co/PlfrI2Btl6
It’s easy to talk about increasing the use of evidence in policy- but what does it take to do this in practice? Wha… https://t.co/DqGVWBizre
We just launched the European Social Inclusion Initiative, a multi-year effort to generate new research on the effe… https://t.co/EvrKRVNtbj
- Our name - the Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab - honors the late Abdul Latif Jameel, father of @MIT alumnus Mohammed Abdul Latif Jameel. More in the new video from our partner Community Jameel: 👇👇👇 3 days 6 hours ago.
- Interested in work that makes a difference? Join us *tomorrow,* Wednesday 12/12 at 2:00 PM ET for a webinar on open positions at J-PAL. We'll talk about our day-to-day activities, work culture, and how to apply! Register at https://j-p.al/jpalg51dee. 4 days 2 hours ago.
- Are you one of the 119 credential holders of the J-PAL/MITx MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy? Applications are now open for MIT's new blended online and in-person full master's program! No prior degree or GRE test needed. Learn more at j-p.al/datae625c9. 1 week 1 day ago.
- The latest in our Teaching at the Right Level webinar series from J-PAL and Pratham is coming up on Tuesday, Dec. 11. Learn how TaRL is adapted to new contexts - register now! https://j-p.al/teach02b4a 1 week 1 day ago.
- Learners who earn a J-PAL/MITx online MicroMasters credential in Data, Economics, and Development Policy are now eligible to apply for @MITEcon's new blended online and in-person master's degree program! No GRE or GMAT tests needed. More details at https://j-p.al/datae625c9. 1 week 4 days ago.