J-PAL Europe s'emploie à améliorer l'efficacité de programmes sociaux menés en Europe et en Afrique francophone. Le bureau adapte les activités de J-PAL aux besoins et au contexte européens.
Many programs and policies across Europe aim to tackle social and economic exclusion of migrants and refugees, but there is little evidence suggesting which approaches work and which do not. J-PAL Europe recently released a white paper that reviews three key levers of social inclusion in the Europe context: education, skills for youth, and migrant inclusion. This paper lays the groundwork for a multi-year initiative to fund new research and share emerging lessons on effective social inclusion policies in the region.
Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) is an educational approach to help primary school students who have fallen behind to catch up by targeting instruction to their current learning level. J-PAL Europe and partner organizations are currently developing a pilot of this approach in Côte d’Ivoire.
Researchers conducted a randomized evaluation to test the impact of a general voter outreach effort on the political participation of immigrants relative to participation of non-immigrants. The canvassing treatment increased voter turnout of immigrants without affecting turnout of non-immigrants.
J-PAL Europe conducted a systematic literature review of impact evaluations measuring the effectiveness of job counseling programs for the long-term unemployed and those at risk in OECD countries. Read the review in French to learn about the evidence on job counseling or read the executive summary in English.
Il y a 50 évaluations aléatoires menées par nos professeurs affiliés dans 15 pays en Europe.
How to incentivize civil servants to put in effort and improve performance? In #Pakistan, researchers tried perform… https://...
RT @JPAL_SA: J-PAL South Asia's @...
At the UN Climate Change Conference in December (#COP24), parties agreed to a rulebook that lays out how government… https://t....
"This case is a testament to the broad coalition of partners and funders, as well as the large amount of research,… https://t.co/53m29Aa5BC
It's not too late to sign up for one of this semester's online courses - like Data Analysis for Social Scientists,… https://t.co/0wX4K1Zdrg
- It's not too late to sign up for one of this semester's online courses - like Data Analysis for Social Scientists, which introduces learners to the essential notions of probability and statistics, as well as modern techniques in data analysis. Learn more and enroll at https://www.edx.org/course/data-analysis-for-social-scientists-1! 3 days 23 hours ago.
- Are you a fundraising whiz looking to join a top-notch team - and apply your talents to evidence-backed social change? Apply now for our Development Officer/Senior Officer position at our head office in Cambridge, MA: https://j-p.al/8363c. 6 days 1 hour ago.
- J-PAL affiliate Jeanne Lafortune invites us to learn more about J-PAL LAC and PUC Chile's Diploma in Impact Evaluation of Public Policy and Social Programs. This new version is in executive format - only 8 weekends during the year! More info at j-p.al/diplomado Nuestra afiliada Jeanne Lafortune nos invita a conocer más sobre el Diplomado en Evaluación de Impacto de Programas y Políticas Públicas de J-PAL LAC y la PUC Chile. Esta nueva versión es en formato ejecutivo ¡Son solo 8 fines de semana al año! Más información en j-p.al/diplomado 1 week 2 days ago.
- The J-PAL newsletter comes out this week! Want to be in the loop? Sign up here: povertyactionlab.org/subscribe. 1 week 5 days ago.
- Interested in gaining new skills to build your career? The next semester of the online MITx MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy starts next week. Enroll now! micromasters.mit.edu/dedp/ 2 weeks 2 days ago.