J-PAL Europe s'emploie à améliorer l'efficacité de programmes sociaux menés en Europe. Le bureau adapte les activités de J-PAL aux besoins et au contexte européens.
J-PAL Europe, together with Community Jameel and Porticus, announce new research partnerships to promote social inclusion for migrants and refugees in Europe
Communiqué : les cofondateurs de J-PAL Abhijit Banerjee et Esther Duflo lauréats du prix Nobel d’économie
Abhijit Banerjee et Esther Duflo, cofondateurs de J-PAL, Laboratoire d’Action contre la Pauvreté, ainsi que Michael Kremer, affilié de longue date à J-PAL, ont reçu conjointement le prix de la Banque de Suède en sciences économique en mémoire d’Alfred Nobel. Ce prix leur a été décerné « pour leur approche expérimentale de la lutte contre la pauvreté ».
Communiqué de presse : Le Prix de la Banque de Suède en sciences économiques attribué à Abhijit Banerjee, Esther Duflo et Michael Kremer
Le 14 Octobre 2019, le 51e Prix de la Banque de Suède en sciences économiques à la mémoire d’Alfred Nobel a été attribué aux fondateurs de J-PAL Abhijit Banerjee et Esther Duflo, tous deux professeurs au Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), et à Michael Kremer, affilié J-PAL...
The European Social Inclusion Initiative (ESII) is a multi-year research initiative that aims to generate new evidence and share emerging lessons for programs and policies seeking to foster the social...
Il y a 58 évaluations aléatoires menées par nos professeurs affiliés dans 15 pays en Europe.
Mental health, well-being, & lasting economic outcomes are intimately connected. A recent study in a conflicted-aff… https://t.co/UYHFm5WjaQ
School is in session! Today we welcome our first class of students in the Data, Economics, & Development Policy Mas… https://t.co/TfyUR5k1sr
Our Global Exec. Director is at the #WEF20 in Davos to talk about...
Want to publish your research #data, but not sure where to start? Our new practical guides to publishing and de-ide… https://t.co...
We ♥️ our alumni! Tanya Sethi (former @JPAL_SA) & Kristen Watkins (former...
- In the United States, more than 500,000 people experience homelessness on a given night. Are you an organization in the United States working to respond to this crisis and interested in rigorously evaluating your program or policy? If so, J-PAL North America invites you to submit a letter of interest through the Housing Stability Evaluation Incubator. Selected organizations that operate programs aimed at reducing homelessness, preventing evictions, and promoting housing stability will receive pro bono technical assistance to develop an evaluation idea, flexible funding, and connections with J-PAL’s network of leading academic researchers. https://j-p.al/d2i 5 days 4 hours ago.
- **New policy positions open in Kenya, Nigeria, and/or South Africa!** We are seeking applications for a Policy Manager to lead our Labor Markets work based in Kenya, Nigeria, or South Africa; and a Policy Manager to lead our Gender Initiative efforts based in Kenya. Policy Manager, Labor Markets: https://j-p.al/pyu Policy Manager, Gender Initiative: https://j-p.al/GI_K The Policy Group plays a key role in translating research by J-PAL affiliates into actionable poverty alleviation policies around the world. Staff connect the dots between economics and policy and are passionate about working with organizations to inform development policy. Apply by January 24 for early consideration. 6 days 10 hours ago.
- 2019 was a banner year for J-PAL on many fronts. We launched exciting new initiatives to expand the frontiers of research and evidence-informed policy, grew our online MicroMasters program, and accepted the first class of students in our new Master’s in Data, Economics, and Development Policy. 2019 was also notable for an exceptional reason: J-PAL co-founders Abhijit Banerjee and Esther Duflo and longtime affiliate Michael Kremer were awarded the 2019 Nobel Prize in Economics for their experimental approach to alleviating global poverty. So how do we top this incredible year, or for that matter, the past decade? We do so by doubling down on the hard work and strong, collaborative partnerships that helped this movement succeed, and by focusing on a number of new priority areas. Our Global Executive Director provides a quick recap of 2019 and highlights some of the key focus areas for 2020 and beyond. Read more: https://j-p.al/kyj 1 week 5 hours ago.
- Just 4 days left to apply to open positions at J-PAL through our annual recruitment drive! Open positions in research, education, training, policy, and administration—take a look through our job database for opportunities at J-PAL offices worldwide, research assistant positions, and positions at our partner organizations: www.povertyactionlab.org/careers Got questions? Check out our FAQ page (povertyactionlab.org/faq) and our online information session (youtube.com/watch?v=RIixYWusFoY) 2 weeks 1 day ago.
- Business skills training programs are common across the world, but a recent J-PAL review of 22 randomized evaluations shows that being offered business skills training did not always have the intended impact on microenterprises. Read more here: https://www.povertyactionlab.org/policy-insight/teaching-business-skills-support-microentrepreneurs 2 weeks 5 days ago.