J-PAL Europe s'emploie à améliorer l'efficacité de programmes sociaux menés en Europe et en Afrique francophone. Le bureau adapte les activités de J-PAL aux besoins et au contexte européens.
Researchers evaluated the impact of a program aiming to develop the autonomy and decision-making skills of young people interested in starting a company or organization. They found that the program had positive impacts on the employment status, income, and overall confidence of the participants.
Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) is an educational approach to help primary school students who have fallen behind to catch up by targeting instruction to their current learning level. J-PAL Europe and partner organizations are currently developing a pilot of this approach in Côte d’Ivoire.
Researchers conducted a randomized evaluation to test the impact of a general voter outreach effort on the political participation of immigrants relative to participation of non-immigrants. The canvassing treatment increased voter turnout of immigrants without affecting turnout of non-immigrants.
J-PAL Europe conducted a systematic literature review of impact evaluations measuring the effectiveness of job counseling programs for the long-term unemployed and those at risk in OECD countries. Read the review in French to learn about the evidence on job counseling or read the executive summary in English.
Il y a 50 évaluations aléatoires menées par nos professeurs affiliés dans 15 pays en Europe.
Attn policymakers and practitioners from sub-Saharan Africa: With support from @Hewlett_Found, scholarships are ava… https://t.co/...
What can evaluations tell us about the real impacts of universal basic income (#UBI)? Watch J-PAL's...
It’s an ambitious goal: to change the status quo. Yet this is just what Alan Al Yuseef has set out to do. https://t.co/gDAR4JgtaW @...
The next semester of the J-PAL/@MITxonedX MicroMasters in Data, Econ, and Development Policy begins in early Septem… https://t.co/...
RT @EvidenceAction: How do you improve...
- Attention policymakers and practitioners from sub-Saharan Africa: With support from the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, scholarships are available to enroll in courses in our online MITx MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy. Learn more and apply at j-p.al/fall2ffa55. Please share! 8 hours 30 min ago.
- What's it like to take an online course in the MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy? Hear from learners in Botswana: j-p.al/apply19992. 5 days 10 hours ago.
- How can we measure women’s power to make choices that matter to them when we rarely observe decision-making directly? Our new guide gathers insights from diverse disciplines and outlines various approaches to tackle this, and more: https://t.co/tubrKqjCdi 2 weeks 3 days ago.
- How do programs aimed at increasing school participation impact girls and boys differently? Read our Policy Insight: j-p.al/incre5a6a7 2 weeks 5 days ago.
- How do you run an impact evaluation on a program that's already been rolled out nationwide? New post up on the J-PAL blog: https://j-p.al/lowin1167c 3 weeks 3 days ago.