J-PAL Europe s'emploie à améliorer l'efficacité de programmes sociaux menés en Europe et en Afrique francophone. Le bureau adapte les activités de J-PAL aux besoins et au contexte européens.
Roland Rathelot (University of Warwick) studies the impacts of job counseling, discrimination against ethnic minorities, and residential segregation on employment. In our latest affiliate Q&A, Roland explains how his time as a civil servant in France influenced his interest in helping to solve France's chronically high unemployment rate.
Researchers evaluated the impact of making voter registration easier on voter participation by providing information about voter registration and home registration visits. Overall, the results suggest that information and visits can encourage greater participation, particularly among groups that face social and economic barriers to registering and voting.
Les ménages de Tanger, au Maroc, acceptent volontiers de payer pour avoir l’eau courante. Tandis que ce raccordement à domicile n’a aucun impact sur les maladies liées à l'eau, le bien-être déclaré par les ménages augmente de façon significative.
Researchers partnered with the Senegalese government to evaluate the impact of a decentralized school grants program on student learning. The program improved test scores overall and for girls in younger grades. The impact was stronger in schools that invested more in human resource training rather than in school materials.
Il y a 50 évaluations aléatoires menées par nos professeurs affiliés dans 16 pays en Europe.
.@JPAL_SA's Gautam Patel in @scroll_in -...
J-PAL Southeast Asia is hiring a Jakarta-based Grant & Finance Manager: https://t.co/V9kOewxyGP https://t.co/9MpQvx4JhZ
No time to sort through 800+ randomized evaluations? We've summarized key policy lessons for you: https://t.co/We95C7ThF7
Looking for #evidence on what works? Search our database of more than 800 randomized evaluations in 80+ countries:… https://t...
RT @FSNnetwork: Join us & @JPAL_Global...
- Q: Will I be able to interact with other learners and staff in the MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy? A: We're working hard to build our MicroMasters portal into a vibrant, interactive, and collaborative space that connects you with learners from all over the globe and allows you to interact with some of the best development economists in the world. Some of these features are already available, and more will be coming soon. Learn more and register by July 3: https://micromasters.mit.edu/dedp/frequently-asked-questions/ 3 days 12 hours ago.
- Q: I have no prior experience in economics, statistics, or programming. Can I still enroll in the MITx online MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy? A: Yes, you can! We welcome learners from all fields and backgrounds. There are no formal prerequisites: anyone who wants to enroll, can. Learn more and register by July 3: https://micromasters.mit.edu/dedp/frequently-asked-questions/ 5 days 8 hours ago.
- Read the latest J-PAL Bulletin on methods for reducing criminal behavior among at-risk youth: https://www.povertyactionlab.org/sites/default/files/publications/practicing-choices-preventing-crime.pdf 6 days 14 hours ago.
- MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy current student based in India shares his experience: https://j-p.al/2rmGhw8 1 week 6 days ago.
- Generalizability, cognitive behavioral therapy, government partnerships, and more in the latest J-PAL Newsletter: https://j-p.al/2sPdSzZ 2 weeks 3 days ago.