J-PAL Europe s'emploie à améliorer l'efficacité de programmes sociaux menés en Europe et en Afrique francophone. Le bureau adapte les activités de J-PAL aux besoins et au contexte européens.
This conference will focus on the issue of poor school quality in developing countries, discussing its causes and solutions.
The event will take place on June 26 2018 in Paris, France.
Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) is an educational approach to help primary school students who have fallen behind to catch up by targeting instruction to their current learning level. J-PAL Europe and partner organizations are currently developing a pilot of this approach in Côte d’Ivoire.
Researchers conducted a randomized evaluation to test the impact of a general voter outreach effort on the political participation of immigrants relative to participation of non-immigrants. The canvassing treatment increased voter turnout of immigrants without affecting turnout of non-immigrants.
J-PAL Europe conducted a systematic literature review of impact evaluations measuring the effectiveness of job counseling programs for the long-term unemployed and those at risk in OECD countries. Read the review in French to learn about the evidence on job counseling or read the executive summary in English.
Il y a 47 évaluations aléatoires menées par nos professeurs affiliés dans 13 pays en Europe.
Higher learning should be accessible to everyone. We're proud to partner with @mit_react to reduce barriers for ref… https://t.co/...
@mit_react is sponsoring a cohort of refugee learners in the...
Result #5/5: Programs seeking to reduce adolescent pregnancy should involve parents and others who have influence o… https://t.co/...
Result #4: Incentives can make a difference. Incentives like scholarships, free school uniforms, and cash transfers… https://t.co/...
Result #3: Education matters. Subsidizing school costs helps girls stay in school, which in turn encourages delays… https://t.co/...
- MIT's ReAct Hub is sponsoring a cohort of refugee learners in our MicroMasters in Data, Econ, & Development Policy. Learners can access online courses, in-person workshops, & paid internships. Applications are due June 23 - apply now! j-p.al/2JqXEZX #WorldRefugeeDay More at https://j-p.al/2jESoDb 22 hours 57 min ago.
- Looking to build your impact evaluation skills? Join us in Kampala, Uganda for our next Executive Education course, 6-10 August 2018. The course, co-hosted by Innovations for Poverty Action, provides a thorough understanding of the costs and benefits of randomized evaluations and step-by-step guidance for running your own evaluation. Check out the agenda and apply by this Friday, June 22: https://j-p.al/2KAATQQ 2 days 21 hours ago.
- Interested in learning more about how technology can improve learning - and how to evaluate its impact? Join us for a conference June 28-29 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, co-hosted by Proyecto Educar and J-PAL LAC. Register now before space runs out - https://j-p.al/2HJdIBg 1 week 1 day ago.
- "The skills I gained from the MicroMasters program helped open doors for me to pursue new ventures and share knowledge with my colleagues and peers." Hear from Norman, a learner in the MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy: https://j-p.al/2M7Gmzk & tag a friend who might be interested! 1 week 6 days ago.
- There's still time to register for Wednesday's panel event in London with DFID - UK Department for International Development and Innovations for Poverty Action: "New Frontiers: Policy Lessons from Randomized Evaluations in Governance, Conflict, and Corruption." More at j-p.al/2snS4hh - register now! (For those not in London, video will be posted after the event!) 2 weeks 2 days ago.