Impact Evaluation Incubator Course
The incubator consists of an innovative training strategy with two objectives:
- Train participants in how to design, implement, and use the results from rigorous impact evaluations
- Guide participants in the design of an experimental evaluation proposal for their own program
Impact evaluation incubator courses follow the process outlined below:
Programs are invited to apply to participate in the incubator. J-PAL LAC and our partners select 6–12 programs based on motivation for and relevance of an impact evaluation.
The selected programs pass through a series of capacity building activities where participants learn how to design, test, and scale programs that work.
During the month following the capacity building, J-PAL LAC provides technical assistance to support participants in finalizing a concept note with a rigorous impact evaluation proposal for their program.
After the course, high-potential proposals are matched with J-PAL affiliated professors and receive support in finalize the design before implementing the impact evaluation.
*Subject to academic, financial and institutional feasibility
Since 2013, J-PAL LAC has implemented seven Impact Evaluation Incubator Courses and helped our partners to incubate 40 impact evaluation proposals. Some of our government partners have included:
- Consejo Nacional de Evaluación de la Política de Desarrollo Social (CONEVAL), Mexico
- Ministerio de Producción, Perú
- Ministerio de Hacienda, Paraguay
- Dirección de Presupuestos, Ministerio de Hacienda, Chile
- Sistema Nacional de Evaluación de Gestión de Resultados (SINERGIA), Colombia
- Ministerio de la Mujer y Poblaciones Vulnerables (MIMP), Perú.