Home Page Panel
J-PAL’s newest research resource, A Practical Guide to Measuring Women's and Girls’ Empowerment in Impact Evaluations, gathers insights from the experiences of J-PAL affiliated researchers around the world and offers practical tips for how to measure women's and girls’ empowerment in impact evaluations.
Across a range of programs, interventions that successfully changed the calculus of costs and benefits of unprotected sexual activity and childbirth delayed pregnancy among adolescents. Some programs directly altered costs and benefits while others shifted perceptions of them.
What have we learned from randomized evaluations that policymakers, practitioners, and funders can use to improve social programs? J-PAL’s library of short briefs called Policy Insights highlight lessons emerging across multiple studies and the mechanisms that help explain the results.
Starting in the summer of 2018, ReACT Hub, an MIT initiative that designs and deploys new learning opportunities for displaced populations, will sponsor a cohort of refugees to join the MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy, providing selected learners with access to scholarships for the five courses, remote work with paid internships, and in-person skill-building workshops.
912 evaluaciones en curso y terminados en 80 países
A new way to measure women’s and girls’ empowerment in impact evaluations: https://t.co/A2eF408L3p
Job alert: Have a background in economics and interested in innovative educational approaches?Join our team as a Re… https://t.co/kiLeOZjWdy
Join us in Washington, DC next Wednesday, July 25 at @CGDev for a discussion of best practices in measuring...
Who should collect survey data on #women's...
How can researchers studying women's empowerment develop locally tailored indicators? Our new Guide to Measuring Wo… https://t.co/g2tnInfVR2
- Interested in helping communicate results of impact evaluations to policymakers and the public? Join our team as a Communications Fellow in Cambridge, MA. Learn more and apply at https://j-p.al/commu8a8c6. Please share! 5 days 14 hours ago.
- How can you accurately measure women's empowerment? Should you rely on internationally standardized indicators, or locally tailored ones? Check out our newest research resource, a Practical Guide to Measuring Women's and Girls' Empowerment, for advice on this question & much more: j-p.al/guide7b964. 6 days 14 hours ago.
- Looking to build your skills in quantitative analysis and impact evaluation? Join us in Sao Paulo, Brazil August 13-16 for our Advanced Course in Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Methods for Impact Evaluation. The course will be taught in English. Seats are limited - enroll now! http://j-p.al/experi433e 1 week 3 days ago.
- Interested in joining our team of education innovators? We're hiring a Research, Education, and Training Associate at MIT in Cambridge, MA - learn more and apply at http://j-p.al/resea15f93. Please share! 1 week 4 days ago.
- We're hiring at our head office in Cambridge, MA! Know a talented recent graduate with interest in communications (http://j-p.al/commu8a8c6) or research and training (http://j-p.al/resea15f93)? Please share! 2 weeks 5 days ago.