J-PAL África, con sede en la Universidad de Cape Town en Sudáfrica, apoya a los investigadores que realizan evaluaciones aleatorias en África, lleva a cabo capacitaciones para desarrollar la capacidad de comprender y ejecutar evaluaciones aleatorias y trabaja con los responsables políticos para ayudarles a aprovechar evidencia rigurosa para hacer las políticas más eficaces y ampliar los programas más prometedores.
The Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) Africa team was launched in January as a joint initiative of Pratham and J-PAL. We collaborate with governments and partners across Africa to address the learning crisis in primary schools through TaRL, an educational approach that builds foundational...
J-PAL Africa is offering a five-day course on Evaluating Social Programs in Cape Town, South Africa from July 29 to August 2, 2019. The course will provide a thorough understanding of randomized evaluations and pragmatic step-by-step training on how to conduct an evaluation.
New Teaching at the Right Level initiative to support over three million primary school students in Africa with evidence-backed approach.
Existen 287 evaluaciones aleatorizadas, finalizadas o en curso, implementadas en 28 países de África.
Researchers in Kyoto, Japan tested two programs to reduce electricity use during peak hours: price increases, and t… https://t.co/WbKeYUKXUy
RT @JPAL_Africa: This week, J-PAL Africa's DigiFI Africa team is excited to be at...
Many workers have jobs w/ insufficient benefits, lack access to jobs that pay living wages, or lack skills to progr… https://t.co/uxUKHcuhnQ
Our latest Policy Insight finds that offering savings products to smallholder farmers did not transform agricultura… https://t.co/2T4EZWUWFm
The next run of our flagship online course starts July 1! J-PAL 101x provides pragmatic step-by-step training for c… https://t.co/tAW79epP49
- A new study from J-PAL affiliate Frank Schilbach with rickshaw drivers in Chennai, India shows that incentives to reduce daytime alcohol consumption leads to changes in drivers' spending habits - and more savings. Read more over at MIT News: http://news.mit.edu/2019/india-working-poor-sobriety-savings-0621 4 hours 32 min ago.
- At J-PAL, we have hundreds of young, motivated team members hard at work every day leading survey teams in the field, meeting and strategizing with policymakers, speaking at conferences, leading trainings, keeping our offices running smoothly - the list goes on. What do these brilliant people go on to do after J-PAL? Read our latest alumni spotlight: https://j-p.al/04dc3 2 days 11 hours ago.
- Our free online course, J-PAL 101x, provides practical step-by-step training for conducting your own high-quality impact evaluations. The next run starts July 2 - don't miss out! Sign up now at https://j-p.al/10481. (Did we mention it's free?) 1 week 2 days ago.
- Looking to build your impact evaluation skills? Enroll now in our *free* online course, Evaluating Social Programs, starting July 2! https://j-p.al/10481 1 week 5 days ago.
- Our Exec. Director @iqbaldhali spoke to leaders in philanthropy this week about using evidence to make smart decisions about where to invest. Read Iqbal's latest blog post on a new J-PAL initiative to help further inform decision-making through #bigdata: j-p.al/82a2a 2 weeks 9 hours ago.