J-PAL Europa, que se basa en la Escuela de Economía de París, trabaja para mejorar la eficacia de los programas sociales en Europa y en África francófona. La oficina adapta las actividades básicas de J-PAL de investigación, políticas públicas, y capacitación al contexto europeo.
Researchers conducted a randomized evaluation to test the impact of a general voter outreach effort on the political participation of immigrants relative to participation of non-immigrants. The canvassing treatment increased voter turnout of immigrants without affecting turnout of non-immigrants.
This year J-PAL Europe, with the backing of Community Jameel, aims to tackle social inclusion by focusing on the barriers to inclusion, including education and immigration.
High quality instruction throughout primary school is widely believed to have a positive influence on student outcomes. In partnership with a non-profit organization in France, researchers are evaluating the impact of its science and technology teacher training program on the educational interests and academic achievement of affected students.
J-PAL Europe conducted a systematic literature review of impact evaluations measuring the effectiveness of job counseling programs for the long-term unemployed and those at risk in OECD countries. Read the review in French to learn about the evidence on job counseling or read the executive summary in English.
Existen 47 evaluaciones aleatorizadas, finalizadas o en curso, implementadas en 14 países de Europa.
Our #MicroMasters team is partnering with...
Looking for a quick summary of lessons from #impactevaluations in your sector? Check out our new expanded library o…...
RT @UNHCR_Education: MITx MicroMasters program in Data, Economics, and Development Policy (DEDP) 📊The ReACT program is offering online i…...
Mental health, access to transportation, and other social factors can affect whether people seek health care and ke… https://t.co/96KP4Jl4hA
North Carolina's Dept of Health and Human Services is piloting regional evidence-based interventions to improve the… https://t.co/TCbFw8p0Vn
- Did you catch our latest newsletter? Check it out for news on new resources, refugee education, upcoming trainings, and more at https://j-p.al/2rApAAt - and sign up at www.povertyactionlab.org/subscribe. 2 days 22 hours ago.
- Where we live, what job we have, and other social factors can affect our own health. The four finalists of J-PAL North America's latest innovation competition are working to provide cutting-edge health care that addresses the holistic components of health and well-being. Meet our finalists: j-p.al/2Go4hXl. 4 days 19 hours ago.
- We launched a new resource on our website: Short policy insights that summarize what we're learning from impact evaluations. What do you think? Check it out at https://j-p.al/2ryVlsz. 5 days 16 hours ago.
- We've just launched our expanded library of Policy Insights, short briefs on a range of topics across J-PAL’s 9 sectors that highlight lessons emerging across randomized evaluations. Check them out! j-p.al/2ryVlsz 1 week 2 days ago.
- Are you a development professional interested in understanding and measuring program impact? J-PAL South Asia and CLEAR South Asia are offering a five-day executive education course, “Evaluating Social Programs,” in New Delhi from July 16-20, 2018. The course will provide a thorough understanding of randomized evaluations and a pragmatic step-by-step training on how to conduct an evaluation. Learn more and apply by May 21! j-p.al/2wmNW5k 1 week 4 days ago.