J-PAL Europa, que se basa en la Escuela de Economía de París, trabaja para mejorar la eficacia de los programas sociales en Europa y en África francófona. La oficina adapta las actividades básicas de J-PAL de investigación, políticas públicas, y capacitación al contexto europeo.
Many programs and policies across Europe aim to tackle social and economic exclusion of migrants and refugees, but there is little evidence suggesting which approaches work and which do not. J-PAL Europe recently released a white paper that reviews three key levers of social inclusion in the Europe context: education, skills for youth, and migrant inclusion. This paper lays the groundwork for a multi-year initiative to fund new research and share emerging lessons on effective social inclusion policies in the region.
Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) is an educational approach to help primary school students who have fallen behind to catch up by targeting instruction to their current learning level. J-PAL Europe and partner organizations are currently developing a pilot of this approach in Côte d’Ivoire.
Researchers conducted a randomized evaluation to test the impact of a general voter outreach effort on the political participation of immigrants relative to participation of non-immigrants. The canvassing treatment increased voter turnout of immigrants without affecting turnout of non-immigrants.
J-PAL Europe conducted a systematic literature review of impact evaluations measuring the effectiveness of job counseling programs for the long-term unemployed and those at risk in OECD countries. Read the review in French to learn about the evidence on job counseling or read the executive summary in English.
Existen 50 evaluaciones aleatorizadas, finalizadas o en curso, implementadas en 15 países de Europa.
(2/2) Last week in #Egypt, @...
Last week, @WorldBank in #Cairo...
Our new report, "Creating a Culture of Evidence Use," gives practical guidance for governments in Latin America see… https://t.co/PlfrI2Btl6
It’s easy to talk about increasing the use of evidence in policy- but what does it take to do this in practice? Wha… https://t.co/DqGVWBizre
We just launched the European Social Inclusion Initiative, a multi-year effort to generate new research on the effe… https://t.co/EvrKRVNtbj
- Our name - the Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab - honors the late Abdul Latif Jameel, father of @MIT alumnus Mohammed Abdul Latif Jameel. More in the new video from our partner Community Jameel: 👇👇👇 3 days 5 hours ago.
- Interested in work that makes a difference? Join us *tomorrow,* Wednesday 12/12 at 2:00 PM ET for a webinar on open positions at J-PAL. We'll talk about our day-to-day activities, work culture, and how to apply! Register at https://j-p.al/jpalg51dee. 4 days 2 hours ago.
- Are you one of the 119 credential holders of the J-PAL/MITx MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy? Applications are now open for MIT's new blended online and in-person full master's program! No prior degree or GRE test needed. Learn more at j-p.al/datae625c9. 1 week 1 day ago.
- The latest in our Teaching at the Right Level webinar series from J-PAL and Pratham is coming up on Tuesday, Dec. 11. Learn how TaRL is adapted to new contexts - register now! https://j-p.al/teach02b4a 1 week 1 day ago.
- Learners who earn a J-PAL/MITx online MicroMasters credential in Data, Economics, and Development Policy are now eligible to apply for @MITEcon's new blended online and in-person master's degree program! No GRE or GMAT tests needed. More details at https://j-p.al/datae625c9. 1 week 4 days ago.