J-PAL Europa, que se basa en la Escuela de Economía de París, trabaja para mejorar la eficacia de los programas sociales en Europa y en África francófona. La oficina adapta las actividades básicas de J-PAL de investigación, políticas públicas, y capacitación al contexto europeo.
The European Social Inclusion Initiative (ESII) is a multi-year research initiative that aims to generate new evidence and share emerging lessons for programs and policies seeking to foster the social...
On March 26, J-PAL Europe launched the European Social Inclusion Initiative—a new research and policy initiative aiming to generate and disseminate lessons on which programs can help foster the inclusion of migrants and refugees in Europe. More than 200 leading researchers and representatives of governments, NGOs, foundations, and corporations from across Europe, as well as international organizations, gathered in Paris, France, for the launch event.
Many programs and policies across Europe aim to tackle social and economic exclusion of migrants and refugees, but there is little evidence suggesting which approaches work and which do not. J-PAL Europe recently released a white paper that reviews three key levers of social inclusion in the Europe context: education, skills for youth, and migrant inclusion. This paper lays the groundwork for a multi-year initiative to fund new research and share emerging lessons on effective social inclusion policies in the region.
Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) is an educational approach to help primary school students who have fallen behind to catch up by targeting instruction to their current learning level. J-PAL Europe and partner organizations are currently developing a pilot of this approach in Côte d’Ivoire.
Existen 53 evaluaciones aleatorizadas, finalizadas o en curso, implementadas en 16 países de Europa.
Researchers in Kyoto, Japan tested two programs to reduce electricity use during peak hours: price increases, and t… https://t.co/WbKeYUKXUy
RT @JPAL_Africa: This week, J-PAL Africa's DigiFI Africa team is excited to be at...
Many workers have jobs w/ insufficient benefits, lack access to jobs that pay living wages, or lack skills to progr… https://t.co/uxUKHcuhnQ
Our latest Policy Insight finds that offering savings products to smallholder farmers did not transform agricultura… https://t.co/2T4EZWUWFm
The next run of our flagship online course starts July 1! J-PAL 101x provides pragmatic step-by-step training for c… https://t.co/tAW79epP49
- A new study from J-PAL affiliate Frank Schilbach with rickshaw drivers in Chennai, India shows that incentives to reduce daytime alcohol consumption leads to changes in drivers' spending habits - and more savings. Read more over at MIT News: http://news.mit.edu/2019/india-working-poor-sobriety-savings-0621 4 hours 43 min ago.
- At J-PAL, we have hundreds of young, motivated team members hard at work every day leading survey teams in the field, meeting and strategizing with policymakers, speaking at conferences, leading trainings, keeping our offices running smoothly - the list goes on. What do these brilliant people go on to do after J-PAL? Read our latest alumni spotlight: https://j-p.al/04dc3 2 days 11 hours ago.
- Our free online course, J-PAL 101x, provides practical step-by-step training for conducting your own high-quality impact evaluations. The next run starts July 2 - don't miss out! Sign up now at https://j-p.al/10481. (Did we mention it's free?) 1 week 2 days ago.
- Looking to build your impact evaluation skills? Enroll now in our *free* online course, Evaluating Social Programs, starting July 2! https://j-p.al/10481 1 week 5 days ago.
- Our Exec. Director @iqbaldhali spoke to leaders in philanthropy this week about using evidence to make smart decisions about where to invest. Read Iqbal's latest blog post on a new J-PAL initiative to help further inform decision-making through #bigdata: j-p.al/82a2a 2 weeks 9 hours ago.