J-PAL Europa, que se basa en la Escuela de Economía de París, trabaja para mejorar la eficacia de los programas sociales en Europa y en África francófona. La oficina adapta las actividades básicas de J-PAL de investigación, políticas públicas, y capacitación al contexto europeo.
Many programs and policies across Europe aim to tackle social and economic exclusion of migrants and refugees, but there is little evidence suggesting which approaches work and which do not. J-PAL Europe recently released a white paper that reviews three key levers of social inclusion in the Europe context: education, skills for youth, and migrant inclusion. This paper lays the groundwork for a multi-year initiative to fund new research and share emerging lessons on effective social inclusion policies in the region.
Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) is an educational approach to help primary school students who have fallen behind to catch up by targeting instruction to their current learning level. J-PAL Europe and partner organizations are currently developing a pilot of this approach in Côte d’Ivoire.
Researchers conducted a randomized evaluation to test the impact of a general voter outreach effort on the political participation of immigrants relative to participation of non-immigrants. The canvassing treatment increased voter turnout of immigrants without affecting turnout of non-immigrants.
J-PAL Europe conducted a systematic literature review of impact evaluations measuring the effectiveness of job counseling programs for the long-term unemployed and those at risk in OECD countries. Read the review in French to learn about the evidence on job counseling or read the executive summary in English.
Existen 50 evaluaciones aleatorizadas, finalizadas o en curso, implementadas en 15 países de Europa.
How to preserve the integrity of a program while taking it to #scale? Join us for a webinar Weds 2/27 to learn how… https://t.co...
RT @JPAL_SA: What is life like at J-PAL South Asia?
"High intensity interval training before grad school"
"Combining scientifi… https://...
Know a talented graphic designer in #India interested in mission-driven work? We're hiring! https://t.co/3dY1pke3Jj
RT @JPAL_NA: Congratulations to J-PAL affiliate Will Dobbie for his recognition as a 2019...
Trying to improve impact evaluation practices at your organization? Apply now for our one-week Executive Education… https://t.co/SoXblODfGr
- How to preserve the integrity of a program while taking it to scale? Join us for a free webinar next Weds 2/27 to learn how J-PAL, Innovations for Poverty Action, Pratham Education Foundation, & our partners recently scaled up an education program from 80 to 1100 schools in Zambia: j-p.al/tarl-webinar6 9 hours 41 min ago.
- Know a talented graphic designer based in India interested in mission-driven work? We're hiring! Please share: https://j-p.al/c6212 1 day 10 hours ago.
- It's not too late to sign up for one of this semester's online courses - like Data Analysis for Social Scientists, which introduces learners to the essential notions of probability and statistics, as well as modern techniques in data analysis. Learn more and enroll at https://www.edx.org/course/data-analysis-for-social-scientists-1! 1 week 1 day ago.
- Are you a fundraising whiz looking to join a top-notch team - and apply your talents to evidence-backed social change? Apply now for our Development Officer/Senior Officer position at our head office in Cambridge, MA: https://j-p.al/8363c. 1 week 3 days ago.
- J-PAL affiliate Jeanne Lafortune invites us to learn more about J-PAL LAC and PUC Chile's Diploma in Impact Evaluation of Public Policy and Social Programs. This new version is in executive format - only 8 weekends during the year! More info at j-p.al/diplomado Nuestra afiliada Jeanne Lafortune nos invita a conocer más sobre el Diplomado en Evaluación de Impacto de Programas y Políticas Públicas de J-PAL LAC y la PUC Chile. Esta nueva versión es en formato ejecutivo ¡Son solo 8 fines de semana al año! Más información en j-p.al/diplomado 1 week 6 days ago.