J-PAL Africa, which is based at the University of Cape Town, supports researchers running randomized evaluations in Africa, conducts trainings to build capacity in understanding and running randomized evaluations, and works with policymakers to help them leverage rigorous evidence to make policies more effective and scale up the most promising programs.
J-PAL and MIT recently announced the launch of a full master’s degree program in Data, Economics, and Development Policy that combines online learning and one semester of residential instruction at MIT. The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation will be sponsoring scholarship opportunities for seven learners from sub-Saharan Africa to attend this program.
J-PAL Africa seeks a Senior Policy Associate/ Policy Manager who is a creative strategist, has an eye for opportunity, a dedication to quality, and a passion for helping people. We’re looking for someone who will play a critical role in holding high-level policy conversations, and creating and developing new policy projects. Do you have a strong background in economics, an understanding of randomised evaluations, and a passion to improve the lives of citizens across Africa? Apply by 22 January!
Laura Poswell, Executive Director of J-PAL Africa, participated on a panel at USAID’s Global Innovation Week, a multi-day event to showcase ways USAID is partnering with others to achieve the greatest impact. The panel shared their experiences generating evidence and pathways through which their results informed education programs and policies around the globe, with support from USAID.
USAID’s Development for Innovation Ventures (DIV) has announced Zambia’s Teaching at the Right Level (TARL) Programme as one of its 18 new investments. Among other partners, J-PAL, Pratham, Innovations for Poverty Action, and and UNICEF/Zambia will support the work hand in hand with the Zambian Ministry of General Education in rolling out TaRL to approximately 1,800 schools over the next three years in a rollout of TARL. Teaching at the Right Level has been proven to be effective by a series of randomized evaluations conducted by J-PAL affiliated professors.
There are 265 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 28 countries in Africa.
How can we address publication bias with study registration? Read more now on the J-PAL blog:… https://t.co/NkCNvOM8wt
Reminder: We're hiring! J-PAL is recruiting policy staff to support our Health sector, advancing evidence-based app… https://t.co/voX6DdqgYo
Today on the J-PAL blog: Addressing the challenges of #publicationbias with...
Can text messages #nudge parents to keep track of their kids' progress in school? New blog post from...
RT @KarnerPaul: Really outstanding resource from the folks at...
- How can we address publication bias with study registration? Read more on the J-PAL blog: j-p.al/2ELfjZI #ResearchTransparency 2 days 10 hours ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) shared their post. Sign up for our MicroMasters webinar - space is limited! 3 days 15 hours ago.
- Looking to advance your career? Curious about whether the MicroMasters in Data, Econ, and Development Policy is right for you? Join us for a live webinar next Tuesday, 2/20 at 10:00am ET to learn more about the program and ask your questions! Register now - and tag a friend below: https://j-p.al/2EtvDec. 4 days 11 hours ago.
- Grad students: J-PAL offers up to $25k in tuition and stipends through our Summer and Fall 2018 Research Transparency Fellowships. We're looking for highly skilled PhD students - must love coding and data analysis! Apply by March 5: j-p.al/2EEwKLK 5 days 5 hours ago.
- Nuestra afiliada Jeanne Lafortune nos invita a conocer más sobre la tercera versión del Diplomado en Evaluación de Impacto de Programas y Políticas Públicas de J-PAL LAC y la PUC Chile. Más información en http://www.educacioncontinua.uc.cl/28591-ficha-diplomado-en-evaluacion-de-impacto-de-programas-y-politicas-publicas. [EN] J-PAL affiliate Jeanne Lafortune invites us to learn more about J-PAL LAC and PUC Chile's Diploma in Impact Evaluation of Public Policy and Social Programs. More info at http://www.educacioncontinua.uc.cl/28591-ficha-diplomado-en-evaluacion-de-impacto-de-programas-y-politicas-publicas. 5 days 11 hours ago.