J-PAL Africa, which is based at the University of Cape Town, supports researchers running randomized evaluations in Africa, conducts trainings to build capacity in understanding and running randomized evaluations, and works with policymakers to help them leverage rigorous evidence to make policies more effective and scale up the most promising programs.
During the 2013 National Elections in Kenya, the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) sent text messages to approximately two million registered voters to promote public interest and knowledge and to raise voter turnout. Researchers found that the text message campaign led to a...
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and J-PAL Africa are partnering on a program to promote children’s health in Moyamba district, one of the districts in Sierra Leone most affected by chronic malnutrition.
There are 253 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 27 countries in Africa.
.@JPAL_SA's Gautam Patel in @scroll_in -...
J-PAL Southeast Asia is hiring a Jakarta-based Grant & Finance Manager: https://t.co/V9kOewxyGP https://t.co/9MpQvx4JhZ
No time to sort through 800+ randomized evaluations? We've summarized key policy lessons for you: https://t.co/We95C7ThF7
Looking for #evidence on what works? Search our database of more than 800 randomized evaluations in 80+ countries:… https://t...
RT @FSNnetwork: Join us & @JPAL_Global...
- Q: Will I be able to interact with other learners and staff in the MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy? A: We're working hard to build our MicroMasters portal into a vibrant, interactive, and collaborative space that connects you with learners from all over the globe and allows you to interact with some of the best development economists in the world. Some of these features are already available, and more will be coming soon. Learn more and register by July 3: https://micromasters.mit.edu/dedp/frequently-asked-questions/ 3 days 49 min ago.
- Q: I have no prior experience in economics, statistics, or programming. Can I still enroll in the MITx online MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy? A: Yes, you can! We welcome learners from all fields and backgrounds. There are no formal prerequisites: anyone who wants to enroll, can. Learn more and register by July 3: https://micromasters.mit.edu/dedp/frequently-asked-questions/ 4 days 20 hours ago.
- Read the latest J-PAL Bulletin on methods for reducing criminal behavior among at-risk youth: https://www.povertyactionlab.org/sites/default/files/publications/practicing-choices-preventing-crime.pdf 6 days 2 hours ago.
- MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy current student based in India shares his experience: https://j-p.al/2rmGhw8 1 week 5 days ago.
- Generalizability, cognitive behavioral therapy, government partnerships, and more in the latest J-PAL Newsletter: https://j-p.al/2sPdSzZ 2 weeks 2 days ago.