The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
J-PAL Africa and IPA Uganda are offering a five-day course on Evaluating Social Programs in Kampala, Uganda from August 6-10, 2018. The course will provide a thorough understanding of randomized evaluations and pragmatic step-by-step training on how to conduct an evaluation. Learn more and apply by June 22.
Billions of dollars in government funds go missing each year due to corruption, but there is limited consensus on how best to tackle this global challenge. Researchers leveraged data from Brazil’s long-standing anticorruption program, which holds public lotteries to randomly select municipalities for audit. These government audits, aimed at uncovering the misuse of public resources, reduced corruption by promoting both electoral and judicial accountability.
Summer youth employment programs that provided minimum wage summer jobs to mainly disadvantaged youth in New York City and Chicago reduced arrests for violent crimes, incarceration, and premature deaths.
Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) is an evidence-based education intervention that targets teaching to the basic skill level of the child. TaRL pioneer Pratham, together with J-PAL Africa, worked closely with the Ministry of General Education in Zambia to produce a set of videos that transport the viewer into a classroom implementing the approach.
906 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 79 countries
What do lentils have to do with child immunizations? https://t.co/ClJpHcM0tp #WorldImmunizationWeek...
Check out J-PAL's Anja Sautmann and affiliate Simone Schaner on @The_Impact_Init blog - The problem of over-treatme… https://t.co/...
RT @JPAL_SA: Do you work on...
On #WorldMalariaDay, what do we know about malaria prevention? Read how pricing affects uptake of preventive health… ...
RT @SuriTavneet: Fabulous new piece @vox_dev...
- Meet the four exceptional researchers who recently joined J-PAL's affiliate network: https://j-p.al/2Fa24Ot 3 days 4 hours ago.
- We're hiring a Policy and Research Associate to work with our Executive Director at our Global office in Boston. Know any talented recent grads? Please share! More info at j-p.al/2voy8OZ. 1 week 1 day ago.
- Are you designing or implementing a youth employment program in Latin America? Learn how to use impact evaluations to test and improve program effectiveness in our new Spanish-language incubator course in Santiago: https://j-p.al/2v8L6Aw. 1 week 6 days ago.
- Ed tech competition, research on summer jobs and crime, and more. Catch up on the latest J-PAL newsletter: j-p.al/2HgyGcg 2 weeks 6 days ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) shared their live video. Starting now: GiveWell's Elie Hassenfeld on making donor dollars count - watch via Facebook Live below! 3 weeks 1 day ago.