The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
J-PAL’s Government Partnership Initiative shares insights on how governments are building a culture of using data and evidence in policymaking and about how J-PAL and other evidence-to-practice organizations can best support them in these efforts.
J-PAL affiliated professor Manisha Shah (University of California, Los Angeles) studies interventions that seek to slow the transmission of HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections. Learn more about her research and her experiences as a development economist, from conducting surveys in bars and brothels to learning to balance work with raising young children.
Can facilitating relationships between small- and medium-sized businesses help them grow? In Jiangxi Province, China, researchers conducted a randomized evaluation to study the impact of business relationships on firm performance. Monthly meetings among firms increased sales, profits, and other business outcomes, mainly by facilitating learning and partnership development.
At J-PAL, we often talk about the importance of using evidence to design and implement effective policies and programs, and many governments are working to make it a priority. But what does this look like in practice? How can we best support governments in finding and applying the evidence they need to make informed decisions?
895 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 80 countries
Join us tomorrow for a webinar to learn more about the #MicroMasters in Data, Economics, & Development Policy! Regi… ...
How can we address publication bias with study registration? Read more now on the J-PAL blog:… https://t.co/NkCNvOM8wt
Reminder: We're hiring! J-PAL is recruiting policy staff to support our Health sector, advancing evidence-based app… https://t.co/voX6DdqgYo
Today on the J-PAL blog: Addressing the challenges of #publicationbias with...
Can text messages #nudge parents to keep track of their kids' progress in school? New blog post from...
- Sign up now for tomorrow's webinar to learn about the MicroMasters in Data, Economics, & Development Policy! goo.gl/qxqycc 8 hours 41 min ago.
- How can we address publication bias with study registration? Read more on the J-PAL blog: j-p.al/2ELfjZI #ResearchTransparency 3 days 3 hours ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) shared their post. Sign up for our MicroMasters webinar - space is limited! 4 days 9 hours ago.
- Looking to advance your career? Curious about whether the MicroMasters in Data, Econ, and Development Policy is right for you? Join us for a live webinar next Tuesday, 2/20 at 10:00am ET to learn more about the program and ask your questions! Register now - and tag a friend below: https://j-p.al/2EtvDec. 5 days 4 hours ago.
- Grad students: J-PAL offers up to $25k in tuition and stipends through our Summer and Fall 2018 Research Transparency Fellowships. We're looking for highly skilled PhD students - must love coding and data analysis! Apply by March 5: j-p.al/2EEwKLK 5 days 22 hours ago.