The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
Today we launch an expanded section of our website called Evidence to Policy, which explores how J-PAL affiliated researchers and staff, along with government and NGO partners, have drawn on evidence produced by randomized evaluations to inform policy changes around the world.
If many more women are elected to office, we don’t yet know what impacts such an influx might have on policy decisions and gender norms in US society. However, many J-PAL affiliated researchers have explored this question in India by taking advantage of a naturally occurring experimental design.
What role do policies that affect private sector firms play in closing the productivity gap between higher-income and lower-income countries, and what are the implications of firms’ policies on economic growth and worker welfare?
J-PAL’s newest research resource, A Practical Guide to Measuring Women's and Girls’ Empowerment in Impact Evaluations, gathers insights from the experiences of J-PAL affiliated researchers around the world and offers practical tips for how to measure women's and girls’ empowerment in impact evaluations.
928 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 81 countries
RT @JPAL_NA: We're hiring! Come work at J-PAL North America as a Research Manager + help us generate...
Looking for a roundup of rigorous research on what works in financial inclusion? New post on the J-PAL blog from… https://t.co/bp94DVtIEO
Interested in working with African governments to pilot and monitor promising payment and ID reforms? Apply now to… https://t.co/r5S1pSh1Zg
RT @AnnaSchrimpf: What do we know about how education, skills for youth, and migrant inclusion programs can help fight social exclusi…...
The J-PAL Africa team, based at the University of Cape Town, is hiring a postdoc to support development of a resear… https://t.co/wmlUOpuz2D
- J-PAL South Asia is seeking qualified applicants for Policy Manager (https://j-p.al/policb2861) and Training Manager (https://j-p.al/train0d09a) to contribute to our mission of reducing poverty by ensuring policy is informed by scientific evidence. Help lead government partnerships and teach critical evaluation skills - apply now at the links above! 1 day 1 hour ago.
- The J-PAL Africa team, based at the University of Cape Town, is hiring a postdoc to support development of a research agenda on digital IDs and payments. Includes potential to co-author several papers - learn more & apply now: j-p.al/postd2b9bb. 1 day 5 hours ago.
- Our name - the Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab - honors the late Abdul Latif Jameel, father of @MIT alumnus Mohammed Abdul Latif Jameel. More in the new video from our partner Community Jameel: 👇👇👇 6 days 4 hours ago.
- Interested in work that makes a difference? Join us *tomorrow,* Wednesday 12/12 at 2:00 PM ET for a webinar on open positions at J-PAL. We'll talk about our day-to-day activities, work culture, and how to apply! Register at https://j-p.al/jpalg51dee. 1 week 1 hour ago.
- Are you one of the 119 credential holders of the J-PAL/MITx MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy? Applications are now open for MIT's new blended online and in-person full master's program! No prior degree or GRE test needed. Learn more at j-p.al/datae625c9. 1 week 4 days ago.