The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
Income inequality in the United States has increased consistently since the 1980s, but has this growing economic gap led to larger cultural distances between socioeconomic groups? Join us this Thursday, September 28 at 3 pm EDT for the next D²P²: Data, Decisions, Public Policy lecture featuring J-PAL affiliate Marianne Bertrand.
The rapid growth in use of edtech has outpaced rigorous research on its effectiveness. To help understand how different technologies affect student learning, a new review paper examines evidence across several areas of education technology.
Travel with our team to India and Kenya to see first-hand how rigorous health research is conducted in the field. This free nine-week online course explores the fundamentals of field-based health research through immersive, documentary-style learning. Sign up by September 18.
In India, a biometrically authenticated payment system reduced corruption and substantially improved the delivery of government social assistance programs despite partial implementation.
859 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 81 countries
#GlobalInnovationWeek starts September 28th in Washington, DC. We'll be there - will you? https://t.co/CAZEiDJw3l...
The next semester of our online MicroMasters in Data, Econ, & Dev. Policy starts tomorrow! Still time to enroll:… https://t.co/S9wQuRWSgV
"The results have been surprising." Why measuring #impact matters, via...
RT @MITxonedX: Hear from real learners on how...
Important story from @politico @brunodebbie...
- The next semester of our online MicroMasters in Data, Economics, & Development Policy starts tomorrow! Join learners from 187 countries around the world. There's still time to enroll - choose from five courses: j-p.al/2rMtSSV. 10 hours 16 min ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) shared their event. What can a machine learning algorithm tell us about income inequality? Find out next Thursday - online or in person at MIT! 3 days 17 hours ago.
- "Having good intentions doesn’t always mean you're doing good." An interview with J-PAL Executive Director Rachel Glennerster: https://thepractice.law.harvard.edu/article/lessons-poverty-action-lab/ 4 days 9 hours ago.
- Our newest free open online course, Measuring Health Outcomes in Field Surveys, starts this week! Learn the basics of impact evaluation in the health sector, following our instructors as they travel to India and Kenya to gather data and interview project participants. Don't miss out - enroll now: https://www.edx.org/course/measuring-health-outcomes-field-surveys-mitx-jpal350x-0 6 days 15 hours ago.
- Did you miss our September eNews? Read it here: https://j-p.al/2h4Kz8l (& sign up at https://www.povertyactionlab.org/subscribe)! 1 week 3 days ago.