The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
What role do policies that affect private sector firms play in closing the productivity gap between higher-income and lower-income countries, and what are the implications of firms’ policies on economic growth and worker welfare?
J-PAL’s newest research resource, A Practical Guide to Measuring Women's and Girls’ Empowerment in Impact Evaluations, gathers insights from the experiences of J-PAL affiliated researchers around the world and offers practical tips for how to measure women's and girls’ empowerment in impact evaluations.
Across a range of programs, interventions that successfully changed the calculus of costs and benefits of unprotected sexual activity and childbirth delayed pregnancy among adolescents. Some programs directly altered costs and benefits while others shifted perceptions of them.
What have we learned from randomized evaluations that policymakers, practitioners, and funders can use to improve social programs? J-PAL’s library of short briefs called Policy Insights highlight lessons emerging across multiple studies and the mechanisms that help explain the results.
920 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 81 countries
How can schools and community organizations best support students navigating the college application process? Hear… https://t.co/C9xPg3sg54
Why do many aspiring college students struggle to bridge the three-month summer gap between high school graduation… https://t.co/SK3WaXqMyP
For aspiring first-gen college students, the complexity of applications and financial aid can overwhelm even the be… https://t.co/Zy0kg1ICbx
We're looking for a part-time paid intern to support our education policy team in creating public goods to improve… https://t.co/2Wi3Fpuq0u
As a patient, would you rather take a diagnostic test with high sensitivity or high specificity? Don’t know the dif… https://t.co/Jk0GZKUya0
- How can schools and community organizations best support students navigating the college application process? Hear from two first-generation college students: j-p.al/makin1da00. 12 hours 58 min ago.
- We're looking for a part-time *paid* intern to support our education policy team in creating public goods to improve measurement of learning outcomes. Know an undergrad or graduate student who would be a good fit? Please share! https://j-p.al/educa39b7c. 1 day 15 hours ago.
- We're looking for a full-time graphic designer and video producer in New Delhi to help us translate research into action. Know a talented person who would be a good fit? Please share! Postings are at https://j-p.al/graph0090a & https://j-p.al/videoc902f. 4 days 15 hours ago.
- How do researchers evaluating health interventions keep biological samples from degrading in the field? Learn about this and more from Dr. Vandana Sharma in our online course, Measuring Health Outcomes in Field Surveys, starting 9/25: j-p.al/measure1534. Tag someone who might be interested! 1 week 15 hours ago.
- Why are we launching new efforts to focus on research and policies related to private sector firms? David Atkin of @MITEcon and Nick Bloom of @Stanford explain on the J-PAL blog: j-p.al/intro54c67. 1 week 1 day ago.