The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
Today we launch an expanded section of our website called Evidence to Policy, which explores how J-PAL affiliated researchers and staff, along with government and NGO partners, have drawn on evidence produced by randomized evaluations to inform policy changes around the world.
If many more women are elected to office, we don’t yet know what impacts such an influx might have on policy decisions and gender norms in US society. However, many J-PAL affiliated researchers have explored this question in India by taking advantage of a naturally occurring experimental design.
What role do policies that affect private sector firms play in closing the productivity gap between higher-income and lower-income countries, and what are the implications of firms’ policies on economic growth and worker welfare?
J-PAL’s newest research resource, A Practical Guide to Measuring Women's and Girls’ Empowerment in Impact Evaluations, gathers insights from the experiences of J-PAL affiliated researchers around the world and offers practical tips for how to measure women's and girls’ empowerment in impact evaluations.
928 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 81 countries
(2/2) Last week in #Egypt, @...
Last week, @WorldBank in #Cairo...
Our new report, "Creating a Culture of Evidence Use," gives practical guidance for governments in Latin America see… https://t.co/PlfrI2Btl6
It’s easy to talk about increasing the use of evidence in policy- but what does it take to do this in practice? Wha… https://t.co/DqGVWBizre
We just launched the European Social Inclusion Initiative, a multi-year effort to generate new research on the effe… https://t.co/EvrKRVNtbj
- Our name - the Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab - honors the late Abdul Latif Jameel, father of @MIT alumnus Mohammed Abdul Latif Jameel. More in the new video from our partner Community Jameel: 👇👇👇 3 days 14 hours ago.
- Interested in work that makes a difference? Join us *tomorrow,* Wednesday 12/12 at 2:00 PM ET for a webinar on open positions at J-PAL. We'll talk about our day-to-day activities, work culture, and how to apply! Register at https://j-p.al/jpalg51dee. 4 days 10 hours ago.
- Are you one of the 119 credential holders of the J-PAL/MITx MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy? Applications are now open for MIT's new blended online and in-person full master's program! No prior degree or GRE test needed. Learn more at j-p.al/datae625c9. 1 week 1 day ago.
- The latest in our Teaching at the Right Level webinar series from J-PAL and Pratham is coming up on Tuesday, Dec. 11. Learn how TaRL is adapted to new contexts - register now! https://j-p.al/teach02b4a 1 week 1 day ago.
- Learners who earn a J-PAL/MITx online MicroMasters credential in Data, Economics, and Development Policy are now eligible to apply for @MITEcon's new blended online and in-person master's degree program! No GRE or GMAT tests needed. More details at https://j-p.al/datae625c9. 1 week 4 days ago.