The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
New Teaching at the Right Level initiative to support over three million primary school students in Africa with evidence-backed approach.
Today we launch an expanded section of our website called Evidence to Policy, which explores how J-PAL affiliated researchers and staff, along with government and NGO partners, have drawn on evidence produced by randomized evaluations to inform policy changes around the world.
If many more women are elected to office, we don’t yet know what impacts such an influx might have on policy decisions and gender norms in US society. However, many J-PAL affiliated researchers have explored this question in India by taking advantage of a naturally occurring experimental design.
What role do policies that affect private sector firms play in closing the productivity gap between higher-income and lower-income countries, and what are the implications of firms’ policies on economic growth and worker welfare?
952 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 81 countries
RT @JPAL_Europe: Don’t miss Esther Duflo’s keynote address at the European Social...
What type of J-PAL content would YOU like to see more of on Twitter?
Looking for hands-on research experience? Are you authorized to work in South Africa? J-PAL Africa is hiring full-t… https://t.co/DYmmxVzkbc
Last month’s Building Evidence, Advancing Policy, Impacting Lives conference hosted by @JPAL_NA (… https://t.co/EXCYvONlGq
"The problem is that information by itself is not insight; it has the potential for insight." Read more from J-PAL… https://t.co/l505zOqaZf
- Looking for hands-on research experience? Are you authorized to work in South Africa? J-PAL Africa is hiring full-time Research Associates to support field research projects and provide high-level technical assistance. Sound like you? Apply by March 28: https://j-p.al/RA_SouthAfrica Please share with your networks! 4 days 2 hours ago.
- Know a talented graphic designer based in India? We're hiring! Join us and help create visually engaging publications, web products, and infographics. Apply now - or tag someone who might be interested below! https://j-p.al/c6212 1 week 52 min ago.
- We're hiring a senior policy associate/manager with expertise in governance (political participation, corruption, building state capacity) to lead J-PAL's Political Economy & Governance sector work. Know someone who might be a good fit? Please tag below & share! https://j-p.al/57b24 #econjobs 1 week 1 day ago.
- Are you a champion for impact evaluation in your organization? Enroll in J-PAL Africa’s 5-day Evaluating Social Programs course, hosted in #CapeTown, South Africa, 29 Jul-2 Aug. Apply by May 12: https://j-p.al/Africa-ExecEd-19. (Based closer to the US? Join our Cambridge, MA course: https://j-p.al/US-ExecEd-19.) 1 week 2 days ago.
- Know a talented graphic designer based in New Delhi? We're hiring! Please share: https://j-p.al/graph58a73. 2 weeks 4 days ago.