The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
While past approaches to helping students transition to college have focused on increasing financial aid, the college application process itself presents a barrier to college access. J-PAL's new policy bulletin summarizes five randomized evaluations of interventions designed to improve college access and persistence in the United States and Canada and one randomized evaluation of the influence of social norms on academic decisions.
J-PAL’s Government Partnership Initiative shares insights on how governments are building a culture of using data and evidence in policymaking and about how J-PAL and other evidence-to-practice organizations can best support them in these efforts.
J-PAL affiliated professor Manisha Shah (University of California, Los Angeles) studies interventions that seek to slow the transmission of HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections. Learn more about her research and her experiences as a development economist, from conducting surveys in bars and brothels to learning to balance work with raising young children.
Can facilitating relationships between small- and medium-sized businesses help them grow? In Jiangxi Province, China, researchers conducted a randomized evaluation to study the impact of business relationships on firm performance. Monthly meetings among firms increased sales, profits, and other business outcomes, mainly by facilitating learning and partnership development.
898 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 80 countries
Did you know that the AEA RCT Registry of the @AEAjournals has over 2,400 registered accounts, with around 1,600 ac… https://t.co/...
Interested in understanding the impact of health care on reducing poverty? There's still time to apply for policy p… https://t.co/Gs2DoaK2aS
RT @JPAL_NA: How can we help students navigate the often challenging period after high school graduation & get them to successfu… ...
Interested in peace and recovery? @poverty_action is currently accepting EOIs for new research. Learn more:… https://t.co/...
See the second post in our series on J-PAL's Government Partnership Initiative where we discuss how to build a cult… https://t.co/k86Z7haL1E
- Want to download data from 1,500 social science RCTs? Visit our advanced search page and click on the orange paper icon next to the RSS feed: j-p.al/2EtTyOJ 3 days 10 hours ago.
- Sign up now for tomorrow's webinar to learn about the MicroMasters in Data, Economics, & Development Policy! goo.gl/qxqycc 4 days 13 hours ago.
- How can we address publication bias with study registration? Read more on the J-PAL blog: j-p.al/2ELfjZI #ResearchTransparency 1 week 8 hours ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) shared their post. Sign up for our MicroMasters webinar - space is limited! 1 week 1 day ago.
- Looking to advance your career? Curious about whether the MicroMasters in Data, Econ, and Development Policy is right for you? Join us for a live webinar next Tuesday, 2/20 at 10:00am ET to learn more about the program and ask your questions! Register now - and tag a friend below: https://j-p.al/2EtvDec. 1 week 2 days ago.