The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
What have we learned from randomized evaluations that policymakers, practitioners, and funders can use to improve social programs? J-PAL’s library of short briefs called Policy Insights highlight lessons emerging across multiple studies and the mechanisms that help explain the results.
J-PAL South Asia is offering a five-day course on Evaluating Social Programs in New Delhi, India from July 16 to 20, 2018. The course will provide a thorough understanding of randomized evaluations and pragmatic step-by-step training on how to conduct an evaluation. Learn more and apply by May 27.
Starting in the summer of 2018, ReACT Hub, an MIT initiative that designs and deploys new learning opportunities for displaced populations, will sponsor a cohort of refugees to join the MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy, providing selected learners with access to scholarships for the five courses, remote work with paid internships, and in-person skill-building workshops.
Billions of dollars in government funds go missing each year due to corruption, but there is limited consensus on how best to tackle this global challenge. Researchers leveraged data from Brazil’s long-standing anticorruption program, which holds public lotteries to randomly select municipalities for audit. These government audits, aimed at uncovering the misuse of public resources, reduced corruption by promoting both electoral and judicial accountability.
908 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 79 countries
What research is J-PAL affiliate Bill Evans of @LEOatND most excited about? He answered our Q&A over on the blog:… https://t.co/...
RT @DFIDAgResearch: (1/2) Want quick & practical lessons from high quality...
There's still time to register for our upcoming one-week executive education course on impact evaluation in New Del… https://t.co/SLaxGUXUX1
Our #MicroMasters team is partnering with...
Looking for a quick summary of lessons from #impactevaluations in your sector? Check out our new expanded library o…...
- Want to be a champion for impact evaluation in your organization? There's still time to apply for our upcoming one-week executive education course on Evaluating Social Programs in New Delhi, July 16-20! Learn more at https://j-p.al/2wmNW5k. 1 day 58 min ago.
- Did you catch our latest newsletter? Check it out for news on new resources, refugee education, upcoming trainings, and more at https://j-p.al/2rApAAt - and sign up at www.povertyactionlab.org/subscribe. 4 days 45 min ago.
- Where we live, what job we have, and other social factors can affect our own health. The four finalists of J-PAL North America's latest innovation competition are working to provide cutting-edge health care that addresses the holistic components of health and well-being. Meet our finalists: j-p.al/2Go4hXl. 5 days 21 hours ago.
- We launched a new resource on our website: Short policy insights that summarize what we're learning from impact evaluations. What do you think? Check it out at https://j-p.al/2ryVlsz. 6 days 18 hours ago.
- We've just launched our expanded library of Policy Insights, short briefs on a range of topics across J-PAL’s 9 sectors that highlight lessons emerging across randomized evaluations. Check them out! j-p.al/2ryVlsz 1 week 3 days ago.