The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
J-PAL affiliated professor Manisha Shah (University of California, Los Angeles) studies interventions that seek to slow the transmission of HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections. Learn more about her research and her experiences as a development economist, from conducting surveys in bars and brothels to learning to balance work with raising young children.
Can facilitating relationships between small- and medium-sized businesses help them grow? In Jiangxi Province, China, researchers conducted a randomized evaluation to study the impact of business relationships on firm performance. Monthly meetings among firms increased sales, profits, and other business outcomes, mainly by facilitating learning and partnership development.
At J-PAL, we often talk about the importance of using evidence to design and implement effective policies and programs, and many governments are working to make it a priority. But what does this look like in practice? How can we best support governments in finding and applying the evidence they need to make informed decisions?
Iqbal Dhaliwal is the new executive director of J-PAL, succeeding Rachel Glennerster, who has joined DFID as its chief economist. Earlier Iqbal was deputy executive director, and prior to that, founding director of J-PAL's policy group. Learn more about Iqbal's background and vision for J-PAL's future in our Q&A.
895 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 80 countries
How can we address publication bias with study registration? Read more now on the J-PAL blog:… https://t.co/NkCNvOM8wt
Reminder: We're hiring! J-PAL is recruiting policy staff to support our Health sector, advancing evidence-based app… https://t.co/voX6DdqgYo
Today on the J-PAL blog: Addressing the challenges of #publicationbias with...
Can text messages #nudge parents to keep track of their kids' progress in school? New blog post from...
RT @KarnerPaul: Really outstanding resource from the folks at...
- How can we address publication bias with study registration? Read more on the J-PAL blog: j-p.al/2ELfjZI #ResearchTransparency 2 days 2 hours ago.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL) shared their post. Sign up for our MicroMasters webinar - space is limited! 3 days 7 hours ago.
- Looking to advance your career? Curious about whether the MicroMasters in Data, Econ, and Development Policy is right for you? Join us for a live webinar next Tuesday, 2/20 at 10:00am ET to learn more about the program and ask your questions! Register now - and tag a friend below: https://j-p.al/2EtvDec. 4 days 3 hours ago.
- Grad students: J-PAL offers up to $25k in tuition and stipends through our Summer and Fall 2018 Research Transparency Fellowships. We're looking for highly skilled PhD students - must love coding and data analysis! Apply by March 5: j-p.al/2EEwKLK 4 days 20 hours ago.
- Nuestra afiliada Jeanne Lafortune nos invita a conocer más sobre la tercera versión del Diplomado en Evaluación de Impacto de Programas y Políticas Públicas de J-PAL LAC y la PUC Chile. Más información en http://www.educacioncontinua.uc.cl/28591-ficha-diplomado-en-evaluacion-de-impacto-de-programas-y-politicas-publicas. [EN] J-PAL affiliate Jeanne Lafortune invites us to learn more about J-PAL LAC and PUC Chile's Diploma in Impact Evaluation of Public Policy and Social Programs. More info at http://www.educacioncontinua.uc.cl/28591-ficha-diplomado-en-evaluacion-de-impacto-de-programas-y-politicas-publicas. 5 days 3 hours ago.