The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
What role do policies that affect private sector firms play in closing the productivity gap between higher-income and lower-income countries, and what are the implications of firms’ policies on economic growth and worker welfare?
J-PAL’s newest research resource, A Practical Guide to Measuring Women's and Girls’ Empowerment in Impact Evaluations, gathers insights from the experiences of J-PAL affiliated researchers around the world and offers practical tips for how to measure women's and girls’ empowerment in impact evaluations.
Across a range of programs, interventions that successfully changed the calculus of costs and benefits of unprotected sexual activity and childbirth delayed pregnancy among adolescents. Some programs directly altered costs and benefits while others shifted perceptions of them.
What have we learned from randomized evaluations that policymakers, practitioners, and funders can use to improve social programs? J-PAL’s library of short briefs called Policy Insights highlight lessons emerging across multiple studies and the mechanisms that help explain the results.
921 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 81 countries
What is it like to win a @macfound Fellowship (formerly known as a "genius grant")? We asked J-PAL North America Sc… https://t.co/...
Know any talented master's graduates fluent in French (and econometrics)? J-PAL Europe is hiring a Policy Manager t… https://t.co/cfG4AAGAgw
RT @poverty_action: IPA's Peace & Recovery program is hiring a Post-Doctoral Fellow to develop and conduct research and fieldwork in co…...
RT @mushfiqmobarak: Esther Duflo at @...
Don't miss out - register now!👇🏽 https://t.co/LVbckgN7bj
- Know any talented master's graduates fluent in French (and econometrics)? J-PAL Europe is hiring a Policy Manager, based in Paris, to contribute to our work in Europe and French-speaking West Africa. Please share with candidates who may be interested! https://j-p.al/polic7728b. 10 hours 33 min ago.
- This week, a BRAC team is visiting Egypt in partnership w/ the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and J-PAL's Egypt office to speak with community members and prepare for rollout of the Graduation approach in Egypt's poorest regions. J-PAL will evaluate the impacts of the program with an #RCT to help implementers tweak and improve. We're proud to part of this team - learn more about the approach at j-p.al/build2991a. 13 hours 46 min ago.
- J-PAL's office in Paris is hiring! Are you fluent in French and English? Have a master's degree, training in econometrics, and good organizational and communication skills? Are you committed to supporting evidence-based policy? Find more info at https://j-p.al/polic7728b. Join us! 1 day 10 hours ago.
- Want to learn more about best practices for measuring women and girls' empowerment? Join us tomorrow (Tuesday) 10/23 at 10am EST for a live webinar with Innovations for Poverty Action & CGAP - Consultative Group to Assist the Poor: j-p.al/webin7e5fc. 1 day 15 hours ago.
- A Big Data Revolution in Assessing Climate Risk: Climate change is one of the greatest risks facing humanity. However, most of what we know about its economic impacts come from models that were developed before the modern empirical literature on climate impacts emerged. This literature has been made possible by recent advances in remote sensing, climate models, and computing power. Professor Michael Greenstone, will discuss his work with the Climate Impact Lab, a team of over 25 researchers who are combining climate science, econometrics, and big data analytics to quantify climate change risks. His talk will focus on the health and energy impacts of climate change and outline the Climate Impact Lab’s ongoing work. 1 week 5 days ago.