The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
J-PAL’s newest research resource, A Practical Guide to Measuring Women's and Girls’ Empowerment in Impact Evaluations, gathers insights from the experiences of J-PAL affiliated researchers around the world and offers practical tips for how to measure women's and girls’ empowerment in impact evaluations.
Across a range of programs, interventions that successfully changed the calculus of costs and benefits of unprotected sexual activity and childbirth delayed pregnancy among adolescents. Some programs directly altered costs and benefits while others shifted perceptions of them.
What have we learned from randomized evaluations that policymakers, practitioners, and funders can use to improve social programs? J-PAL’s library of short briefs called Policy Insights highlight lessons emerging across multiple studies and the mechanisms that help explain the results.
Starting in the summer of 2018, ReACT Hub, an MIT initiative that designs and deploys new learning opportunities for displaced populations, will sponsor a cohort of refugees to join the MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy, providing selected learners with access to scholarships for the five courses, remote work with paid internships, and in-person skill-building workshops.
919 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 80 countries
Attn policymakers and practitioners from sub-Saharan Africa: With support from @Hewlett_Found, scholarships are ava… https://t.co/...
What can evaluations tell us about the real impacts of universal basic income (#UBI)? Watch J-PAL's...
It’s an ambitious goal: to change the status quo. Yet this is just what Alan Al Yuseef has set out to do. https://t.co/gDAR4JgtaW @...
The next semester of the J-PAL/@MITxonedX MicroMasters in Data, Econ, and Development Policy begins in early Septem… https://t.co/...
RT @EvidenceAction: How do you improve...
- Attention policymakers and practitioners from sub-Saharan Africa: With support from the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, scholarships are available to enroll in courses in our online MITx MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy. Learn more and apply at j-p.al/fall2ffa55. Please share! 8 hours 5 min ago.
- What's it like to take an online course in the MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy? Hear from learners in Botswana: j-p.al/apply19992. 5 days 10 hours ago.
- How can we measure women’s power to make choices that matter to them when we rarely observe decision-making directly? Our new guide gathers insights from diverse disciplines and outlines various approaches to tackle this, and more: https://t.co/tubrKqjCdi 2 weeks 3 days ago.
- How do programs aimed at increasing school participation impact girls and boys differently? Read our Policy Insight: j-p.al/incre5a6a7 2 weeks 5 days ago.
- How do you run an impact evaluation on a program that's already been rolled out nationwide? New post up on the J-PAL blog: https://j-p.al/lowin1167c 3 weeks 3 days ago.