The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
New Teaching at the Right Level initiative to support over three million primary school students in Africa with evidence-backed approach.
Today we launch an expanded section of our website called Evidence to Policy, which explores how J-PAL affiliated researchers and staff, along with government and NGO partners, have drawn on evidence produced by randomized evaluations to inform policy changes around the world.
If many more women are elected to office, we don’t yet know what impacts such an influx might have on policy decisions and gender norms in US society. However, many J-PAL affiliated researchers have explored this question in India by taking advantage of a naturally occurring experimental design.
What role do policies that affect private sector firms play in closing the productivity gap between higher-income and lower-income countries, and what are the implications of firms’ policies on economic growth and worker welfare?
944 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 81 countries
RT @EvidenceAction: What does it look like to turn...
How to incentivize civil servants to put in effort and improve performance? In #Pakistan, researchers tried perform… https://...
RT @JPAL_SA: J-PAL South Asia's @...
At the UN Climate Change Conference in December (#COP24), parties agreed to a rulebook that lays out how government… https://t....
"This case is a testament to the broad coalition of partners and funders, as well as the large amount of research,… https://t.co/53m29Aa5BC
- It's not too late to sign up for one of this semester's online courses - like Data Analysis for Social Scientists, which introduces learners to the essential notions of probability and statistics, as well as modern techniques in data analysis. Learn more and enroll at https://www.edx.org/course/data-analysis-for-social-scientists-1! 6 days 3 hours ago.
- Are you a fundraising whiz looking to join a top-notch team - and apply your talents to evidence-backed social change? Apply now for our Development Officer/Senior Officer position at our head office in Cambridge, MA: https://j-p.al/8363c. 1 week 1 day ago.
- J-PAL affiliate Jeanne Lafortune invites us to learn more about J-PAL LAC and PUC Chile's Diploma in Impact Evaluation of Public Policy and Social Programs. This new version is in executive format - only 8 weekends during the year! More info at j-p.al/diplomado Nuestra afiliada Jeanne Lafortune nos invita a conocer más sobre el Diplomado en Evaluación de Impacto de Programas y Políticas Públicas de J-PAL LAC y la PUC Chile. Esta nueva versión es en formato ejecutivo ¡Son solo 8 fines de semana al año! Más información en j-p.al/diplomado 1 week 4 days ago.
- The J-PAL newsletter comes out this week! Want to be in the loop? Sign up here: povertyactionlab.org/subscribe. 2 weeks 1 day ago.
- Interested in gaining new skills to build your career? The next semester of the online MITx MicroMasters in Data, Economics, and Development Policy starts next week. Enroll now! micromasters.mit.edu/dedp/ 2 weeks 4 days ago.