The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
Iqbal Dhaliwal is the new executive director of J-PAL, succeeding Rachel Glennerster, who has joined DFID as its chief economist. Earlier Iqbal was deputy executive director, and prior to that, founding director of J-PAL's policy group. Learn more about Iqbal's background and vision for J-PAL's future in our Q&A.
Although coverage rates and health outcomes are improving, many poor people around the world still do not benefit from essential health products. What factors limit the flow of products from the producer’s laboratory bench to the end users, and what can be done about it?
The UK Department for International Development (DFID) jointly awarded J-PAL and Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) a US$16 million grant to generate new research on effective policies to promote peace and good governance, reduce crime, and support communities recovering from conflict, including a project on earthquake resettlement in Nepal.
In November, J-PAL Director Abhijit Banerjee delivered a public lecture at the American University in Cairo as part of J-PAL’s broader efforts to engage policymakers in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Watch the full video and learn more about J-PAL's work in the region.
885 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 80 countries
We're always improving and adapting our training courses for new audiences. In #Brazil, more than 1400 civil servan… https://t....
New blog post: Using a massive open online course (#MOOC) to build a culture of...
RT @iqbaldhali: Working with governments to increase the use of evidence in decision making can have huge payoffs in the fight agai… ...
Our Government Partnership Initiative (GPI) supports governments in using #evidence to inform policy design and dec… https://...
RT @JPAL_NA: Govts can apply until March 2nd for technical support, $100k in flexible pilot funding, and partnerships with resea… https://...
- Our Government Partnership Initiative (GPI) supports governments in using #evidence to inform policy design and decisions. Read the latest from the GPI team: https://j-p.al/2rdcKua 1 day 5 hours ago.
- Meet J-PAL's new Executive Director: https://j-p.al/2DEcAP3 2 days 5 hours ago.
- Now recruiting for Executive Director of J-PAL Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). Applications due Jan 31. More information about the position and how to apply is available here: j-p.al/2EWbhLr. 6 days 6 hours ago.
- Today's job of the day: Join our team in Paris, France as an Education Policy Intern! Get hands-on experience running a randomized evaluation and gain useful project management skills. Apply now: https://j-p.al/2mbXOqc 1 week 1 day ago.
- Attention recent master's and PhD grads: Interested in teaching, but looking for opportunities outside a university classroom? Join our team as a Training Manager and work on new and creative ways to help researchers, policymakers, and other professionals become better producers and users of scientific evidence. Apply now! https://j-p.al/2m2oJpf 1 week 2 days ago.