The Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
New Teaching at the Right Level initiative to support over three million primary school students in Africa with evidence-backed approach.
Today we launch an expanded section of our website called Evidence to Policy, which explores how J-PAL affiliated researchers and staff, along with government and NGO partners, have drawn on evidence produced by randomized evaluations to inform policy changes around the world.
If many more women are elected to office, we don’t yet know what impacts such an influx might have on policy decisions and gender norms in US society. However, many J-PAL affiliated researchers have explored this question in India by taking advantage of a naturally occurring experimental design.
What role do policies that affect private sector firms play in closing the productivity gap between higher-income and lower-income countries, and what are the implications of firms’ policies on economic growth and worker welfare?
935 ongoing and completed randomized evaluations in 81 countries
What does it take to shift policy objectives from "schooling for all" to "learning for all"? See how the brand new… https://t.co/N21I9qplxe
RT @devex: Here's how big grants can pave the way to more investment....
RT @coimpactcollab: We’re thrilled to be providing our program partners with initial funding and encourage others to join or invest alo…...
RT @Philanthropy: The fund is among a recent series of "big bets" in which organizations or other donor collaboratives devote large s…...
With core support from @coimpactcollab, J-PAL and...
- Today we're honored to be recognized with Pratham Education Foundation as one of Co.impact's first grantees - enabling us and our partners to reach three million primary school students across Africa over the next five years. Learn more at j-p.al/coimpact-tarl. 2 days 18 hours ago.
- The Research, Education, and Training team at J-PAL is seeking qualified applicants for Research and Training Associate (https://j-p.al/resea2231a) and Senior Research and Training Associate (https://j-p.al/senio6a385). Help build out research resources, develop data analysis tools, and organize trainings for policymakers and staff - among many other projects! Based at MIT in Cambridge, MA. Apply by January 12 at the links above. 1 week 2 days ago.
- We're hiring! The Research, Education, and Training team at J-PAL is seeking qualified applicants for Research and Training Associate (https://j-p.al/resea2231a) and Senior Research and Training Associate (https://j-p.al/senio6a385). Help build out research resources, develop data analysis tools, review reference and teaching materials, and organize trainings for policymakers and staff - among many other projects! Based at MIT in Cambridge, MA. Apply by January 12 at the links above. 1 week 2 days ago.
- J-PAL South Asia is seeking qualified applicants for Policy Manager (https://j-p.al/policb2861) and Training Manager (https://j-p.al/train0d09a) to contribute to our mission of reducing poverty by ensuring policy is informed by scientific evidence. Help lead government partnerships and teach critical evaluation skills - apply now at the links above! 1 month 1 day ago.
- The J-PAL Africa team, based at the University of Cape Town, is hiring a postdoc to support development of a research agenda on digital IDs and payments. Includes potential to co-author several papers - learn more & apply now: j-p.al/postd2b9bb. 1 month 1 day ago.