Pratham is a NGO which had its start in the slums of Mumbai, but which now has programs in numerous states across India. The organization focuses on education, and has developed a number of innovative techniques for accelerated learning and involving local communities in their children's education. J-PAL has partnered with Pratham on several projects its including Read India and Balsakhi programs.
- Balsakhi Remedial Tutoring in Vadodara and Mumbai, India
- Balwadi Deworming in India
- Bridge Classes and Peer Networks Among Out-of-School Children in India
- Can Informational Campaigns Raise Awareness and Local Participation in Primary Education in India?
- Computer-Assisted Learning Project with Pratham in India
- Educational Incentives for Parents and Children in India
- How to Teach English in India: Testing the Relative Productivity of Instruction Methods within the Pratham English Language Education Program
- Improving Learning Outcomes through the Government School System in India
- Pricing of Private Education in Urban India: Demand, Use and Impact
- Psychosocial Stimulation for Early Child Development in Odisha, India
- Read India: Helping Primary School Students in India Acquire Basic Reading and Math Skills
- Searching for a Better Way to Teach Children to Read in India
- The Impact of Mother Literacy and Participation Programs on Child Learning in India
- Using Learning Camps to Improve Basic Learning Outcomes of Primary School Children in India